HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 4, 2020, 5:02 PM

Amazon is old news let it go.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2020, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude View Post
Oh that would be GREAT, if the Atlanta leaders would talk to Amazon and try to direct their attention back on Atlanta for some white collared office jobs. As I mentioned the other day, Amazon would then maybe add a office here and maybe use the CNN building for that purpose. Or some other Major Companies to fill up the building. If not Amazon then maybe Nationwide Ins,Apple, Jp Morgan chase, IBM or heck even State Farm from Illinois. Bring the HQ to Hotlanta.
Apple just spent more than $2 billion on its new HQ in Cupertino, it's not relocating any time in the near future.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2020, 7:44 PM

A Trump hotel would go well there, with carpet golf in the open space.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2020, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memester View Post
Apple just spent more than $2 billion on its new HQ in Cupertino, it's not relocating any time in the near future.
Regarding Apple....

Not to relocate but to add a 2nd HQ
https://www.curbed.com/2018/1/17/169...dquarters-jobs

Austin TX won 2nd HQ but look at expanding jobs elsewhere - and we have an ideal SE hub

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2018/...across-the-us/

Lord knows Atlanta is sure under the publicly known radar for Apple
https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2018/...across-the-us/

Amazon still the better play...not just the only one

Old Posted Jul 6, 2020, 2:06 PM

Heavy equipment/fencing on site this morning at 5th + Juniper. Looks like this one is getting started. At least the demolition portion.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2020, 2:24 PM

^^^dope.

Any news on the Cousins Tower since the meeting a few weeks ago?

Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 7:03 PM

Phase III Tech Square didn't get funding from GT on the opposite side of 5th St, so it won't be funded at least until next July, FYI.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 1:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehaven View Post
Phase III Tech Square didn't get funding from GT on the opposite side of 5th St, so it won't be funded at least until next July, FYI.
Womp womp. Would have loved to see this progress sooner. Interesting there’s movement also on the southwest side of campus.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2020, 3:14 AM

The Atlanta Business Chronicles mentioned that A New York based apartment co Common Property’s to open a 2nd HQ in Atlanta. Common living operates in all inclusive apartment model in eight markets across the US. They plan to invest 7 million in Atlanta HQ.274 jobs & Quality, affordable housing is critical to ensuring a livable and diverse community . Another win for The Atl

Old Posted Jul 9, 2020, 3:38 AM

[QUOTE=Triptychtwo;8972185]Heavy equipment/fencing on site this morning at 5th + Juniper. Looks like this one is getting started. At least the demolition portion.

[IMG]https://whtnwmg.sfo2.cdn.digitalocea...endering-1.jpg[/What project is going to be built on 5th & juniper in Midtown?

Old Posted Jul 9, 2020, 3:56 AM

Georgia Tec files for a Giant expansion of technology enterprise park that would be developed on 18.8 acres bounded by North Avenue to the North, North side dr in the west and Marietta st to the East. Plans calls for a 1.7 million square foot mixed use development. I’m sure it’s probably old news but I just ran across it on the Atlanta bus journal.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2020, 4:11 AM

The new Hyatt Hotel in Buckhead that’s under construction at 371 E paces ferry rd will be nice looking once it’s complete in the 4th Quarter of 2021. The renderings I’ve seen plus drove by there afew days ago and looked at the picture of it on the construction fence. A Great added addition to the Buckhead village.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2020, 9:04 PM

Why isn't there any 1MILLION SQ.FT OR 50 PLUS STORY BLDG

I see how Miami, Austin, Houston, Chicago, NYC, and LA are all getting supertalls and Atlanta is settling on 20 to 35 story proposals. What is the reason behind it? This a growing metro area and with downtown, midtown, and buckhead, I would have expect to see something built now or in the future. The Opus 2 is taking forever.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2020, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOONERFALCON View Post
I see how Miami, Austin, Houston, Chicago, NYC, and LA are all getting supertalls and Atlanta is settling on 20 to 35 story proposals. What is the reason behind it? This a growing metro area and with downtown, midtown, and buckhead, I would have expect to see something built now or in the future. The Opus 2 is taking forever.
Building density and focusing on livability in the urban core are taking precedent. Opus 2 is dead. The last thing Atlanta needs is a supertall. 10 mid-sized buildings with an outward street presence is a much healthier build for the city.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 1:13 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOONERFALCON View Post
I agree with you, we been long over due for a super tall skyscraper in the Downtown Atlanta skyline. And or Midtown, Buckhead or the North Perimeter In Dunwoody or Sandy Springs. There was a few Great tower proposals like the opus 2 and 1125 Peachtree st project, SLS, the Hanover, 1138 Peachtree st, 250 14th st ne proposal. I Hope those and the Portman gets some traction. But the North folk Southern HQ , 903 Peachtree,1105 p tree , midtown Union and the 14th & spring st will all look nice in the skyline.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanosolar View Post
Building density and focusing on livability in the urban core are taking precedent. Opus 2 is dead. The last thing Atlanta needs is a supertall. 10 mid-sized buildings with an outward street presence is a much healthier build for the city.
While this is true, why can't both be done? Just one supertall would be nice. This is a skyscraper forum after all, so it's not surprising that people are itching for one.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 1:33 PM

I would figure by now and Opus 2 is so old like waiting for something to happen just like 50 Allen Plaza downtown.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 2:16 PM

Doesn't Atlanta have like the most number of buildings over 700 ft outside of NYC or Chicago? Or is this inaccurate data now?

Anyway, the priority for midtown and downtown should be an increase in density and connectivity which has been long overdue. The Norfolk Southern Headquarters and the GA Tech student housing is perfect for that and will be much more beneficial in the long run than one supertall. See BOA.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 3:55 PM

The student tower at Peachtree Place and Spring is going to start at the end of July. There is a gay party being thrown in the old wet bar spot and the flier says it's the last dance before demolition.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
Doesn't Atlanta have like the most number of buildings over 700 ft outside of NYC or Chicago? Or is this inaccurate data now?

Anyway, the priority for midtown and downtown should be an increase in density and connectivity which has been long overdue. The Norfolk Southern Headquarters and the GA Tech student housing is perfect for that and will be much more beneficial in the long run than one supertall. See BOA.
I don't think so-- Dallas, Houston, Miami, Seattle likely have more-- And you are right what happens at street level is so much more important than building height. Sacrilege on Skyscraperpage, I know--

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations