HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 12:48 PM

120 Wentworth St N |?|?| Proposed

Indwell purchases Hamilton church to build affordable units
Wed., May 19, 2021

Hamilton church is teaming up with a local faith-based agency to save its sanctuary and build 40 affordable-housing units.

Indwell, a force in deeply affordable, supportive apartments in Hamilton, has purchased the Wentworth Baptist Church property.

“We’ve very excited,” Rev. Seán McGuire said on behalf of the roughly 65-member congregation Tuesday.

“Indwell can provide the homes, and we provide a bit of hope at the same time.”

The plan is to restore the 97-year-old sanctuary at the corner of Cannon Street East and demolish a two-storey section that was last renovated in 1993.

That wing, which has served a variety of functions over the years, is where 40 one- and two-bedroom apartments will go.

The hope is that elements of an original stone farmhouse — enveloped by the newer building and believed to date to the 1870s — can be incorporated into the plan.

https://www.thespec.com/news/hamilto...t-indwell.html

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 1:12 PM
It's a nickname from work

I hope they make a green space out of that parking lot, can't go wrong with more public places in that part of town.

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 3:22 PM

Just biked past here yesterday and saw what I believe to be CHCH on site. I suspect it was about this. If you look on Google Street view you can see the older building in behind, I didn't even know that was there!

https://maps.app.goo.gl/3c2T9RAMyJaxqx8k6

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 6:22 PM

Between this and the new safe injection site a block away there'll be a lot more activity here in the next couple years.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton