HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > General Discussion

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 7:17 PM

Post Parking for non-residents in condo buildings

I wanted to find out if there were any condo buildings in downtown Ottawa where the condo boards allow non-residents to use/rent available parking spots?
If you live in such a building or know of one, please post to this thread.
Thanks in advance.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 7:18 PM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Is it nearly impossible to find street parking in downtown Ottawa nowadays?? I might need to know this too.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newinvestor View Post
I wanted to find out if there were any condo buildings in downtown Ottawa where the condo boards allow non-residents to use/rent available parking spots?
Thanks in advance.
The insurance policy that condominium boards hold for the common elements universally bans this. They do not allow owners to sublet their parking spot or provide access to the parking garage to non-owner/occupants. Some people obviously ignore this, but most condos catch on quickly and will tow your shit. I regularly get emails from our board when I have family come from out of town and park in my spot.

There are rental buildings and even some hotels that lease their parking spots, but they are no different than the commercial lots in terms of pricing/availability.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 8:33 PM

Rental buildings are usually much better places to look to rent parking than condos.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 9:06 PM

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 11:18 PM
Mooderator

Weird, I just asked about this today with my condo board. I'm in Gatineau though, but I am sure it applies in Ottawa, too.

There are a couple of spots designated for visitors in my lot. If I have someone staying at my place overnight, they don't care. If it is a few days, I should notify the management, because there are nosy neighbours that might take offense to the same vehicle being there too long.

As long as the management knows you have someone parking there between this date and that, they will be okay with it.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 11:43 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by newinvestor View Post
Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum!

Old Posted May 15, 2019, 8:45 PM

hahaha,

The question you should be asking is "how do I rent a parking space from a Condo owner, and does anybody know somebody?" Remove the word 'allowed'... lol

Old Posted May 15, 2019, 10:17 PM
Kickass User

320 Mcleod had a few spots that they rented out to non-occupants via a third party company. I had clients rent from them while they lived in nearby buildings. (the rent at the time was pretty cheap too - 114/m then 134/m which was way below market price of 150-200/m).

But that is the only building that I am aware of (or can remember) that will allow it. You can find buildings that have public parking above the resident's spots that are separated, and they typically will rent out monthly - 345 Gladstone, 179 Metcalfe, 324 Laurier (above ground), 1035 Bank, 90 George, 700 Sussex...

www.MattRichling.com
www.NewPurveyors.com

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengler Avenue View Post
Is it nearly impossible to find street parking in downtown Ottawa nowadays?? I might need to know this too.
It can be a little tricky to find street parking, but it's not impossible. The usual 2 hr is limit will be enough for an appointement, but otherwise you generally have to use other dedicated parking lots.
Are you planning to move here?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > General Discussion