HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 6, 2022, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC123 View Post
"Show me a tree (not a shrub) that survives (and for more than a couple years, and actually thrives, i.e., grows and is healthy) on the side of a building at 400ft. in a climate like NYC"

No. Why would I do that. Ignoring the fact that that is entirely possible, that wasn't what I was responding to. You said specifically that a tree could not grow at that height (with no other modifiers to that statement either), you are objectively wrong. This is not a debatable topic; we know for a fact that trees can grow at that height.
Leafy trees, like the ones shown, lose their leaves for half of the year so it will only look like the diagram during the warm months. During the winter the trees will look like dead sticks - like all deciduous trees in NY.

I agree that this type of building greenery is more suited to more tropical climates.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 6:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcr View Post
This will fill in the gap in the skyline viewing the site from the northeast across the Brooklyn Bridge if this is what is actually constructed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide52 View Post
Leafy trees, like the ones shown, lose their leaves for half of the year so it will only look like the diagram during the warm months. During the winter the trees will look like dead sticks - like all deciduous trees in NY.

I agree that this type of building greenery is more suited to more tropical climates.
A lot of greenery and beautification seems geared to the warmer months, regardless of whether a place is in the mid latitudes or tropical climates.

From the renders shown so far, the deciduous trees will look more like brambles and with a wiry branch look moreso than sticks, if the density of the trees and shrubs planted is great enough.

Evergreen trees will retain greenery throughout the year, so that can alleviate some of the issue of all the trees looking "dead" during the colder season in winter and early spring.

Regardless of that, the greenery and terraces were likely added in response to current desires from tenants for more open green space, so they are probably aware of the need to make those green spaces look lively throughout the year (including incorporating evergreen species into the types of trees and shrubs planted in these green spaces).

Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 3:12 PM

Quote:
"Show me a tree (not a shrub) that survives (and for more than a couple years, and actually thrives, i.e., grows and is healthy) on the side of a building at 400ft. in a climate like NYC"

No. Why would I do that. Ignoring the fact that that is entirely possible, that wasn't what I was responding to. You said specifically that a tree could not grow at that height (with no other modifiers to that statement either), you are objectively wrong. This is not a debatable topic; we know for a fact that trees can grow at that height.
Stop attempting to make this into something that it is clearly not. The discussion specifically pertains to trees at certain heights on buildings (skyscrapers in this instance), not about trees growing at certain heights in anywhere nature. We all know that trees are present at much higher elevations naturally throughout the world.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 3:15 PM

I'm liking it. Definitely adds heft from this angle. Will it block 1WTC when approaching from the Brooklyn Bridge?

Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 4:41 PM
I like Skyscrapers 🏙

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post
I'm liking it. Definitely adds heft from this angle. Will it block 1WTC when approaching from the Brooklyn Bridge?

Yes but not entirely, only a little bit of it remaining.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 5:03 PM
Eschew Obfuscation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
to be fair, north american weather is quite a bit harsher.
Milan and New York City aren't too different. New York is a bit wetter and windier than Milan, but their overall temperatures throughout the year are very similar.

https://weatherspark.com/compare/y/6...-New-York-City

Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 5:06 PM
Eschew Obfuscation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post
Stop attempting to make this into something that it is clearly not. The discussion specifically pertains to trees at certain heights on buildings (skyscrapers in this instance), not about trees growing at certain heights in anywhere nature. We all know that trees are present at much higher elevations naturally throughout the world.
The trees will probably get smaller the higher they are on the building, but it can be done. It's been done elsewhere in the world.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 7:21 PM

just enough time for a little more value engineering from larry truly. likely this won't be the final design.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2022, 10:50 AM

Old Posted Mar 13, 2022, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
The show has come and went and no new news or confirmation so far from Foster + Partners or anyone from Silverstein Properties about whether this is the exact final design that they are planning to build.

In terms of mass and filling out the skyline of the WTC site very nice, but imo inevitably the look of 2 WTC from this angle is going to draw comparisons from some critics to a rectangular north or south tower looking building with the top portion sheared off.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2022, 8:20 AM

I united model by CNTower246810 on SkyscraperCity with this photo
original photo from https://www.planete3w.fr/voir-la-sta...ment-new-york/

Old Posted Mar 25, 2022, 10:09 PM

Come on Foster, you're so close! Just give us that sweet sweet diamond top and we'll forgive you if Pen15 goes through.

Last edited by Camstonisland; Mar 25, 2022 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Edited image to include credits for me and Skcr

Old Posted Mar 26, 2022, 12:01 AM

The Diamond Design is dead. The sooner you get over that it's not getting built, the better.

And Penn 15 isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be now that we have quality renderings, not a masterpiece for sure but not bad.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2022, 5:37 PM
New Yorker for life

This tower needs to be built.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...after-new-deal

Manhattan’s One World Trade Center Now 95% Leased After New Deal
Occupancy had dipped to roughly 90% during the pandemic

ByNatalie Wong
March 28, 2022

Quote:
A new lease at lower Manhattan’s One World Trade Center bumped occupancy at the skyscraper up to 95%.

An existing tenant, German data processing firm Celonis, expanded its space at the tower, taking all 40,763 square feet (3,787 square meters) on the 70th floor, according to a statement Monday by landlords Durst Organization and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

Occupancy at the property, which has 3.1 million square feet of space, was at 93% in February 2020 and had dipped to roughly 90% during the pandemic as tenants with employers working remotely let their leases expire.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2022, 9:36 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:

And Penn 15 isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be now that we have quality renderings, not a masterpiece for sure but not bad.
I agree. It's a 5 out of 10 instead of a 3 out of 10.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2022, 11:44 PM
The Picture Guy

The new design is not an inspiring design. It looks like Sears Tower with the stacks rearranged differently.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2022, 5:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
This tower needs to be built.
Was there any news about the advertised unveiling of the 2 World Trade Center design at the New York Build Expo that was supposed to take place on March 8 and March 9?
https://www.newyorkbuildexpo.com/ind...d-trade-center
https://www.newyorkbuildexpo.com/conference-agenda

It seems as of now like it was just advertised, but there wasn't actually an event discussing the design and any future plans or announcements for the start of construction:

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldtrade2021 View Post
The show has come and went and no new news or confirmation so far from Foster + Partners or anyone from Silverstein Properties about whether this is the exact final design that they are planning to build.
Even 5 WTC had an announced start of construction being in 2023, around the same time that construction on the PAC is supposed to be wrapping up. Until there is a start of construction announced, all the designs released and any news about possible starts are speculation or leaks at best imo.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2022, 9:31 AM

Silverstein needs to have this property taken away from him ... he's obviously demonstrated no ability to actually do anything good with it.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2022, 3:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerDude View Post
Silverstein needs to have this property taken away from him ... he's obviously demonstrated no ability to actually do anything good with it.
Is it legal to take away someone's property because we're not satisfied with them not developing it fast enough?

Old Posted Mar 29, 2022, 5:38 PM
New Yorker for life

^ If SSP members made the rules, maybe. I have a feeling we’ll get some good news before the end of the year.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction