HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 4, 2014, 12:27 PM

League Park

i had no idea this was happening. this was such a treat to read. all these projects coming up in hough are really encouraging.

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index...and_india.html

Old Posted Apr 12, 2014, 5:34 AM

Downtown Cleveland Hampton Inn sold for $19.8 million

Old Posted Apr 25, 2014, 11:21 AM
Member of SSP since 1997

Looks like I have some updating to do on the first page list, but for now here's more good news:

Millennia Companies to buy Garfield Building for apartments, plans downtown Cleveland HQ move

By Michelle Jarboe McFee, The Plain Dealer
on April 22, 2014 at 10:00 AM, updated April 23, 2014 at 7:26 AM

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- A growing apartment business based in Cleveland's suburbs will establish a downtown foothold this year, starting with the purchase of the historic Garfield Building at Euclid Avenue and East Sixth Street.

The Millennia Companies recently signed a purchase agreement on the Garfield Building, a largely empty office building set for conversion into housing. Built in the late 1800s by two of President James Garfield's sons, the longtime bank building could become 172 apartments above ground-floor restaurants or stores.

More at http://www.cleveland.com/business/in...l#incart_river

I'll try to get a better photo soon - it's the historic building on the right side of this pic:

Old Posted May 15, 2014, 2:09 AM

Here are some pictures I took yesterday.

Uptown Phase II:

Case Western Tinkham Veale University Center:

Exterior is complete. Just interior work left

Case Western Wyant Field House:

http://blog.case.edu/case-news/2010/...yantfieldhouse

CIA Expansion:

http://www.cleveland.com/arts/index....of_art_to.html

Old Posted May 17, 2014, 3:48 PM

I love that Cleveland is getting this construction done.

By the way...someone needs to let Emporis know that the Cleveland skyscrapers pages need updating. The Tucker, Ellis & West tower is completed (they still have it as proposed and the height is wrongly listed at 272.21 feet instead of 298 feet), and they need to add the Convention Center Hotel at the 380 feet or so)

Or is the height they have correct? Anyways...it needs updating and I am not sure how you contact them or I would do it myself...

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue..."

Old Posted May 18, 2014, 1:24 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

Clev, great photos - thank you for posting them!

Dracmus, a little history about Emporis - they were originally called skyscrapers.com. About fourteen years ago when I started clevelandskyscrapers.com, they approached me about helping build their site, specifically the sections for Cleveland and northeast Ohio which I did with building data and a few photos.

At some point they implied that they were hoping I'd duplicate *everything* I had on my site for their site including data, information and photos which I had no intentions of doing and I asked them to remove anything of mine that wasn't public information. They've had a few people over the years help them out with their Cleveland section but as you can see, it's not as up to date as it could be. I'm in the process of rebuilding and updating my site so feel free to check it out (it's still a work in progress) http://www.clevelandskyscrapers.com

Old Posted May 18, 2014, 1:32 PM

Yeah, it was just bugging me I guess. I waited a while before mentioning it since I figured they were busy and all that.

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue..."

Old Posted Jun 15, 2014, 11:54 PM

This is pretty cool:

Source: Bob Perkoski / Belt Magazine

The Grapes of Hough

This guy refuses to buy in to the idea that you have to move out to the suburbs and move next door to white people (he is black) in order to be considered successful. Instead, he decided to invest in his neighborhood (Hough) and use its disinvestment as a way to further his various disparate interests. So he started a vineyard and makes and sells wine. And now he is starting a "biocellar" in the basement of a demolished house.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2014, 6:41 AM

hello , I went back 2-3 pages till 2012
but didn't see any pics of the convention center
also is Lebron going back ???
please post pics of the convention center

Old Posted Jun 20, 2014, 6:38 PM

New Development underway in Upper Chester Cleveland

The Finch Group, a Florida based developer has started construction on 177 unit apartment development.
See the link below from the Plain Dealer written by Michelle Jarboe.

http://www.cleveland.com/business/in...upper_che.html

Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 7:20 PM

The first renters move into The Residences at 1717 (formerly The East Ohio Building)

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Tenants returned to the East Ohio Building on Tuesday, nearly five years after the last office user turned off the lights.

Mitch and Roberta Kurlander of Allentown, Pennsylvania, arrived around 9 a.m. to start schlepping their son's possessions up to the second floor. David Kurlander, a 26-year-old medical resident at University Hospitals, is one of the first renters to settle in at the southeast corner of East Ninth Street and Superior Avenue.

Now dubbed the Residences at 1717, the East Ohio Building lived its first life as a modernist office tower. The K&D Group, an apartment developer and manager based in Willoughby, bought the empty building last year and launched a residential conversion that should be finished next spring.

The first two floors of apartments opened on Tuesday. Doug Price, K&D's chief executive officer, expects to open two additional floors every three weeks, until the 21-story building is full. Half of the 223 apartments have been leased.

"We have people that rented the penthouses a year in advance," Price said.

http://www.cleveland.com/first_renters

Old Posted Jul 12, 2014, 2:00 AM

Great post showing yalls project list. Think we'll see a lot of these accelerated with the Return of the King!!

Congrats guys.

http://www.okctalk.com/other-communi...nt-update.html

Old Posted Jul 20, 2014, 1:11 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

I'm sure I didn't get everything but I made some updates to the first page - enjoy!

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 4:00 PM

Here's some pics of the progress on the Breuer Tower (The 9), Schofield Building and Flats East Bank Phase II.

Breuer Tower

Schofield Building

FEB Phase II

Michelle J. McFee ‏@mjarboe

Old Posted Aug 21, 2014, 1:03 PM
BANNED

Good to see that they're renovating that building into residential -- I love how gorgeously butt-ugly it is. The Schofield building is a gem. And has always amazed me how those lake freighters can maneuver up the mighty Cuyahoga.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2014, 2:48 AM

hello , THE Google maps are new!!
also for Columbus......
anybody think the Democratic convention is going to Ohio?
Go Hilary

Old Posted Sep 16, 2014, 4:05 AM
Unicorn Wizard!

Quote:
And has always amazed me how those lake freighters can maneuver up the mighty Cuyahoga.
I like big boats and I cannot lie.

Also fascinating that lakers are still going these days. Not being from the great lakes I once mistakenly figured the history books closed on them but I was wrong.

Any attempts to expand/modernize lake shipping? You'd think that would be a "green" transport mode based on energy use. If Europe can ship so much stuff via barge you'd think the same would go for the great lakes.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2014, 5:40 AM

Convention Center Hotel EarthCam

Found the EarthCam for the Cleveland Convention Center Hotel (don't know if this has been posted before).
So glad I can watch the progress on this daily, rather then searching for updates from individuals.
Great view of the new mall, Key Tower, and Global Center for Health Innovation.
http://www.onecuyahoga.com/en-US/earthcam.aspx

Old Posted Sep 19, 2014, 2:55 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaorama View Post
I like big boats and I cannot lie.

Also fascinating that lakers are still going these days. Not being from the great lakes I once mistakenly figured the history books closed on them but I was wrong.

Any attempts to expand/modernize lake shipping? You'd think that would be a "green" transport mode based on energy use. If Europe can ship so much stuff via barge you'd think the same would go for the great lakes.
Yeah, Great Lakes shipping certainly is nothing like it was when the US steel industry was going strong, but there still is quite a bit of important activity, both domestic and international shipping. And yes, there is tons of tanker/barge activity on the Lakes. Aside from the huge 1000 ft lake freighters still plying the waters, ocean heavy cargo vessels are all over the Great Lakes (many Chinese ships). Below are some photos of 2 different Chinese BBC ships arriving into Erie to pick up GE locomotives and heavy machinery bound for East Africa. Many tankers also pull into Erie to fill up on biodiesel bound for Europe. So... in many ways, Great Lakes shipping is more international than ever.

Don't mean to take it too far off topic... but big boats are cool... and very important to Cleveland's industrial history and future.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2014, 3:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleco18 View Post
Found the EarthCam for the Cleveland Convention Center Hotel (don't know if this has been posted before).
So glad I can watch the progress on this daily, rather then searching for updates from individuals.
Great view of the new mall, Key Tower, and Global Center for Health Innovation.
http://www.onecuyahoga.com/en-US/earthcam.aspx
Thanks for the link. This is a very exciting project for downtown.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations