HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Oct 20, 2007, 5:48 PM

Arrow Alta Phoenix Construction Thread

A little late to the party, but this project is finally picking up the pace.

332 Unit Apartment Complex
Building A: 8 Floors - Ground floor retail, 7 levels residential
Building B: 7 Floors - Ground floor retail, 7 levels residential
Building C: 7 Floors - All residential
Building D: 7 Floors - All residential
Building E: 8 Floors - All residential
Building F: 7 Floors - All residential
Building G: 9 Floors - 1st level parking, 8 levels residential
Parking garage: 8 Floors

Old Posted Oct 20, 2007, 10:37 PM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
I don't need mean to be rude, but does this project warrant its own thread? I assumed that was only for tower projects. If we give every project its own thread the Phoenix Development thread may soon be cannibalized.

Either way, this should be a good project, even if it is shorter than what I'd hope to see in that location.

EDIT: VVV OK, you've convinced me I forget, is this going to be 100% rentals, or will there be some condo's too? I also find it weird that they don't have a website for the project, but I guess since its apartments w/ no need for pre-sales ,a website is less important.

Last edited by HooverDam; Oct 20, 2007 at 11:19 PM.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2007, 10:39 PM

I figured any significant sized project should probably have it's own thread. The Phoenix Development Thread seems to be more about proposed projects and small unit stuff, like 215 McKinley etc.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2007, 12:27 AM

Are they building all of the buildings at the same time or in phases? It looks like there is seven of them with the parking garage.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 5:28 PM

I'm wondering that myself, if you look at the Woodpartners website the project is listed as Alta Phoenix but they also have a Alta Parke West. I wonder if it is a whole seperate project or if the development itself has been split into two phases.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2007, 12:42 AM

Is there a site plan for this somewhere. I'd like to see how the project is situated on the site.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2007, 1:00 AM

November 9th, 2007

Old Posted Nov 22, 2007, 4:53 AM

I find it interesting that there is basically no information about alta on the wood partners website. It only states the number of units. It also says that there is another project that is comming soon to phoenix. I wonder if its in the dowtown area

Old Posted Nov 22, 2007, 5:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ KID View Post
I find it interesting that there is basically no information about alta on the wood partners website. It only states the number of units. It also says that there is another project that is comming soon to phoenix. I wonder if its in the dowtown area
I suppose this is partially due to it being a rental complex. Since its not sales, they don't need to hype it before hand.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2007, 10:51 PM

Old Posted Nov 28, 2007, 12:07 AM

SSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW. Man, paint drying is more interesting than watching this thing add floors.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2007, 1:46 AM

True...but at the same time, it's freaking HUGE! It spans a whole block and it's 376 units...that's like two Summit at Copper Square buildings yet in 1/3 the height.

I'm surprised there isn't more buzz about this project. It's the largest residential project under construction right now and it has ground floor retail, plus it's in an area that is fairly quiet right now so it should help bring some life to that part of the downtown core. I'm imagining it will end up turning out something like Roosevelt Square and the whole Portland St area which is a fantastic area of downtown, with the ground floor retail...dry cleaning, salons, restaurants, etc...plus it's right across the street from the movie theatres and all the other places at AZ Center.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2007, 2:07 AM

^Agreed, I think its a great project, though I do wish it would be taller of course.

I hope the AZ Center can be redeveloped to some degree and have the outside of it wrapped in retail, that way residents at places like Alta Phoenix, the Met,et cetera could access some shops with out having to go south and then into the shopping center.

I was just by the AZ Center today, and was thinking about how to make Taylor St connect better with it. The AMC has an exit only area that is set far back from the street that almost perfectly lines up with Taylor Street. I'd love to see them remodel that area and make it either the new primary, or a secondary box office/entrance to the theatre.

The garage on the South side of Taylor (the one thats just North of the Sheraton) also has a big set back from the street, I imagine it would be possible to wrap its north face in retail as well. With out doing something like that, the Taylor Street 'mall' won't have much vitality.

EDIT: Also, HX_Guy in your initial post you mention buildings A and B will have ground floor retail, you don't happen to have (or have you seen) a site plan showing which buildings correspond to which letters? I'd like to see exactly where the retail is going to be, as well as where the parking structure is going (I hope its in the middle and basically invisible from the street like at Roosevelt Square)

Old Posted Nov 28, 2007, 2:55 AM

I don't have any site plans, but here are the addresses to each building.

BLDG. A 670 N 4TH ST

BLDG. B 620 N 4TH ST

BLDG. C 380 E FILLMORE ST

BLDG. D 330 E FILLMORE ST

BLDG. E 625 N 3RD ST

BLDG. F 325 E PIERCE ST

BLDG. G 350 E FILLMORE ST

PARKING GARAGE 670 N 4TH ST

These two buildings are Building A and B, which have the ground floor retail. The parking garage also has the same address which means the entrance will be between Building A and B.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2007, 3:29 AM

very interesting project. looks cool tho

Old Posted Nov 28, 2007, 6:26 AM

Thats disappointing that none of the retail will be facing Fillmore, that could become quite a hall of blank walls between that and the AZ Center.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2007, 12:41 AM
-_-

I don't know why people are complaining about how slow it is being built. It is a very large development, that I believe is being built all at once. The one building shown above is already at it's full height of 8 stories.

I for one am excited about this project. I have long said that what downtown needs is more rental units. Sure, luxury condos are sexy, but it's rental units that will allow those of more moderate means to live downtown.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2007, 11:17 PM

Yeah, I worry about this as well and posted the question on the Taylor Place thread. The city needs to take some leadership there to make sure the arean isn't full of people but dead when we most need life in north Down Town.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 1:42 AM

Crawling along...

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 5:07 AM

^ What, it takes them about three weeks to build one floor on one building? At this rate, they should be done, oh say around 2015. Jeez.

--don

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest