HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art

Old Posted Oct 1, 2009, 9:43 PM
BANNED

Post Unofficial Contest: 'Ordem & Progresso' - 3D Modelling & Rendering Competition...

I thought a lot before doing, but decided finally to do, the start is today.

Brief why doing: People enjoy doing something different and joining more the Urban Art part, a spark to it, when i am not abble to diagram nor edit´anymore, but i can manage with huge time a contest...

The moderator said i could do it, of my own, for people having fun and i noticed some interest before from people in joining, so i put it here because says: (The reasons are in blue, i hope the most enjoy and join to it and this is free, totally parallel of the official tasks here, to not confund to others, i hope compreehension from moderator, but this was suggested to him)

Sorry if you have to read much, but it is quite very detailed.

Skyscraper & Urban Art
For all works of creativity related to urban and highrise related material including SIM CITY & other software.

Unofficial Contest: ‘Ordem & Progresso’

Short Introduction Description Essay: The idea this contest/competition is tostimulate people using any kind of 3D CAD modeller software and Renderer, that could be mainly Sketch-Up, but also others like 3D Studio Max, Rhinocerus, Alias, Solid Works, Autodesk, AutoCad and any other one in market free or not, from all environments, amateur or professional, and even also very nice freehand presentations, this is not much important, the idea is what counts, to promote future famous architects appearing and giving them a chance to put themselves in the very high concurrent market and not let losing their talent with the time. Also to make some different and very interesting to Brazil area, in order to make a new equally ‘Bahrein’ or ‘Emirates’ tendency there in northeast part also, for a project proposal of something mix-use from more than 250m to be one of the tallest skyscrapers in South America and mainly in Brazil and including the country also in a World skyscraper competition running of emergent countries, to make Brazil more knowable and accessible over the world, stimulating later the local economy further, integrating it more with the rest of world and making an international worldwide flight Hub to all over the world flight airlines lines, making a north similar important Hub of Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro cities also in northeast area, as second international huge Hub to South America, closer to north hemispheres continents like Europe and North-America of the Globe, with further huge improvements in local city and region, using the geographic fact of the triangle proximity point advanced in Atlantic Ocean, avoiding that all flights have to go first to the south of country for the connections. Participants from an international all over the world origins and environments have equal chance, and from all countries of Earth have the same level chance of success with the own project, regardless origin and other cultural or social factors. The name of the Project calls the Brazilian Flag text which means ‘Order & Progress’ for a progress in buildings heights there as well, but it is here international one, for everyone from everywhere. I, as supervisor this competition only, hope you enjoy and look forward to receiving your interest and works presentation. Please read below for more details.

This Brazilian Competition has the following objectives:

1- To promote huge and more interesting projects to a region in South America that the buildings constructions were not in the worldwide knowledge projects height running yet, which already exist in other countries all over the world. It is kind to have something equal important in South America as well or in the most economic importance country of this continent.

2- To stimulate having appearing famous architects in future, joining the known today ones, contributing there as well, who had also made a south hemisphere project in this region, to have in their Architecture or Design Portfolios, to be also shown freely in future, when they apply to their career applications, desires and personal evolution, professional or only private challenges.

3- Mainly to put Brazil having a Supertall high-rise project from more than 250m high, surpassing finally the old outdated Ed. Mirante do Vale of 170m as the tallest highrise in country of the 70 years decade yet, in other words, to have after 40 years, a very more interesting project that jump forward the heights of buildings in Brazil and the ultra-modernist styles there, not considering the most high structures in country, but also surpassing those ones, which are the Communication Truss-Tower Antennas, like the tallest Mast in south, the 2nd tallest 224m TV Antenna in Brasília-DF and the 3rd tallest 212m TV Antenna of Rede Bandeirantes in Sao Paulo-SP, even though the Pylons above the Itaipú Dam or other antennas above office use high-rises. In Suma, the tallest structure in Brazil since 2010, even when this is already fictitious.

4- To put Brazil as a country more integrated to the world, stimulating to be better known abroad, how really the things there are and divulgating it more among all cultural world environments. And that people understand and accept it according.

5- To allow all maximum could be from fantasies of contributors here to be shown out with their huge abilities represented in a kind type of presentation.

OBS: Of course, all the projects here to be shown after are not to be built, belongs only to the participant, it does not matter much if they are feasible or not, according local cultural and political laws there. It could be something with fantastic and futuristic ideas, with several mix types of use and styles, and all ‘crazy’ things that appear from the former forumer participant mind. It is not even necessary that he/she knows exactly the conditions, like environment and mentalities there. It is even not to be mentioned, because the limits should be freely open. It means the participant is totally free to do whatever he/she wants, according small prerogatives rules below:

Official Rules of this unofficial parallel competition only:

These rules apply to all competitors. No exceptions. The rules could be changed or fitted with adjustments if a majority agree and propose that. I will manage the Contest. This means the projects should be sent only to my email contact at my page signature below, to avoid copies of ideas. Nothing is allowed to be shown here, nor comments among participants publically. If they do per private messages, is not to influence the results and I do not take responsibility, so please be fare. This is the rules and doubts thread only. A second one would be open after the ‘closing’ this one for showing the entries and public vote from everyone in a poll to have the winner, according only to the majority idea preference from most people who participate in some way, not necessarily only with entry.
  • The competition starts on 01.01.2010 and the entries could be sent until 30.05.2010, so 5 months for participating, time enough, that each participant can think well his/her idea or be from something stimulated. This thread here is not to be shown the entries in anyway, neither parts of the projects. If something appears, should be deleted. (The moderator is free to delete if this happen). The expiration in participating would be at the end this year 2010. This thread here is only to doubts be answered and discussions if they appear to be solved. For example the ones to adjust the general rules here. The time of 5 months respect also the real activities outside here from every participant and give them time, something people here has few, when people normally have no time to be attracted with something like that.
  • 2 entries maximum per forumer. Each participant can participate twice, with 2 totally different works, ideas and proposals. A third idea from same participant would be ignored, but in the period of time of 5 months, since the beginning, he/she can ask that one of the 2 can be replaced by the 3rd, he/she chose. This gives more opportunities with a second chance entry to each one participant. A fourth delivered will be totally not considered.
  • Since June 2010, and in first half of it, also 5 months after this thread is ‘closed’, i would make a second thread with a poll of all works to be presented with only up to 10 images per work (Maybe I need support of moderator for that if complications appear). Preference is maximum 5, showing all appearances of whole project as possible in few ones, in which One image should be top view showing the footprint plans of site including the urbanism roads, gardens and other terrain improvements. You can use one of them also showing a very interesting detail, if this particular is of total relevance. You can compose images details in just one for simplification. I regard the right to chose better what is to be shown if I receive more than an adequate volume of views. Entries should not include more than 10 renderings/shots.
I don’t know yet, for how long the poll will be open for voting, maybe 1 month. I will decide that together with the moderator when the people starting voting.
  • DO NOT put any copyright, names or any writing that gives voters the hint that it's your entry. Entries with names/copyrights will not be posted in the voting thread. But you can do that after the end of poll vote for your portfolio.
  • Send the entries renderings in a format of jpg only up to 1024x800 resolution not heavy to be handled, your entry with the competition title, your former name, in order I know from whom this refers and a short thought description if you want of the architecture proposed style and uses.
  • A Diagram view in scale 1:1 shot taken from the project with transparency outside outline,that could be showing 3D Anaconic or not is to be delivered together as well. I will show the diagram together in lower part as reference. You can upload further in the diagrams section if you want as your fantasy project. Unfortunatly I can’t manage that. If can’t do properly the diagram view from your 3D Modell, we can discuss further or I can do from a jpg igh quality, when in 1:1 scale height of course. For example the structure with 250m, it would be 250 pixels height in total.
  • As said, this is not an official competition, so it is totally free from the ones regular in site. It is a parallel one that could be very interesting for everyone, every style and form. None discrimination will be made. My participation is only as manager of this, without any influence and would be handle the entries very neutral, without any positive or negative adjective tendencies. My work is only coordination of the works and answering doubts.
  • The public will vote what is the best as proposal, considering any aspect, that the voter has right to give the opinion why voting for that or what. This does not influence the entries shown as well I in the second poll thread. The order in thread will be like the receiving date by me.
  • The moderator is free to adjust the poll, if the entries are too much and this will be accorded with him. He has the ability to adjust something more if necessary.
  • The winner is not obligated to do a competition theme, because this is made from me just one time, it is not linked with anything. It is free the participation. If you participate once during this 5 months time, you can anytime say to not continue anymore, if you prefer. Just have to PM me saying about, and in what reason to not continue. This is also accepted and your work images are complete delete. After 30.05.2010, this is not possible anymore. But you still can present your work everywhere you want, because you are totally free to do what you want.

Competition Rules & Description:
  • The site proposed is a huge poor location in city Fortaleza-CE, with poor houses between the rich left area of the city, more developed, and the more abandoned part at right, in a point entrance in ocean, near port. Please see the photo here below, the area coordinates are from Google Earth 3°43’25’’ S, 38°28’22’’ W, see map:

The marked area (aprox. 1.5km²) is the total review urbanisation of the project and could be entirely used. This is approximate and at side can be a little bit different if you want, but not much. This is very big enough to plan. If you want to use a small area, no problem on that, but inside this one.
  • The project should preview a self-production of water taken from ocean, for all uses in a huge ultra-modern machinery plant in underground not shown really in entries cause this is more an urban and architecture design project only and should be energy minimal 80% self sufficient from wind turbines spread in the main tower. The sewage should be totally local cleaned before dropping back in ocean. The project should be thought to be minimal Gold Green certified.
  • The population of the area should be reviewed in some way in the project, previewed to accommodate in apartments of minimal 70m² each for a population of some 10 thousand poor people and also to be bought from rich people with higher apartments’ dimensions and quality. You are free to arrange that in your project in a mix-use building or buildings in any way you want. The poor population should not be transferred to other parts of the city, they should be kept, affording the apartments, supplied from government. It is not necessary to show inside. More difficult to represent interiors.
  • The Mix-Use project should have residential, hotel, conference, power energy and water plant uses, offices, theatre and whatever is possible. You are free to decide and arrange all that. The roads urbanism is free from you also, as well, gardens, terraces, and whatever you think of a futuristic project, attracting many companies. The rest aspects of project is totally free to make many horizons for your imagination.
  • Style and form and quantity of structures is totally free according your desire, and their connections or transportation systems as well. You can mix all Art Deco to late-modernism, futuristic styles, with details you want, resembling also gothic, art-nouveau and whatever detail you want if you want to combine styles, according your preferences and abilities or tastes. But the preference to more than post-modern, like late-modernist, sctructural expressionismus, organic and futurismus can be an advantage point.
  • The main building structure should have from 250m up to maximum 350m in height, you are free inside this range that best fit in your project, whatever considering forms, spire, antenna of communication atop, observatories, or only roof. But a lighthouse should be for seen on top of some structure replacing the old one much lower. More is unacceptable, because the current World tallest buildings should be kept in their positions in other countries. This range is enough to South America and belonging to one of tallest all over the world.
  • The rest you are totally free to invent whatever you want to be your personal mark in the project, but is preferred to be something singular in world.

Finals:
I would like to award more properly, but I can’t. Then this is just a possibility in giving you a free talent imagination and ability in showing in some technique, making you totally free. The poll result will give then the best preference and shows what you expect from your feelings. This is a high flexible competition with the minimal rules and directives as possible.

All the projects to be shown belongs entirely only to the original participants and will not be used in any other place. You can put in your portfolio of your own to be shown to whom you want, regardless that was shown here. It belongs only to you and can not be used from me also, for nothing. Then in your portfolio you put it with your texts, future changes and own copyrights. Please do not send 3D models to me, only pics. But if you want, it is up to you.

Let's get this thread forum go and hope you join this contest. Let’s see what we all would expect for the results. Thanks for your participation. Be free to comment what you want and suggestions or doubts.

Good Luck for all who wants to participate....

Last edited by M.K.; Dec 20, 2009 at 9:20 PM.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2009, 12:12 AM
i like stuff

do you really expect people to read that much?
especially when you don't speak the best English

Also why does it start in January?

Old Posted Oct 2, 2009, 3:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeR View Post
do you really expect people to read that much?
especially when you don't speak the best English

Also why does it start in January?
People read much more in texts of news and pages and pages other threads, so this is the minimum enough to give all explanations. You don't need to be unpolite negative critizing my efforts and languages abbilities when i made huge efforts to learn another cultures of other countries and even learning a lot, i never had opportunity to develop and improve myself more in person in countries which speak english only, because huge costs reasons to do, even though i don't expect people who only speak english to speak perfect the languages i speak from the countries i lived. I thought this is an international site in net. But i made my positive initiative, doing a comp, even when nobody had interest to do it. If you don't want to participate, i can understand, but you don't need to critizise also, be only passive, you have always the chance to just seeing something other, ignoring this.

Even you were not polite enough and not respecting me much and my knowledges, you were the only one who had attention to this, so i answer you:

As i told above: From January next year would be to present the works sent (if appear some) and that people has opportunity to vote and choose the best they think. I quote again:

'Since January 2010, and in first half of January 2010, also 3 months after this thread is ‘closed’, i would make a second thread with a poll of all works to be presented...'

hope your doubt solved.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2009, 9:51 PM

i dont think he means that your english is bad ,its quite good but the
arrangment of your sentences is mixed up in parts , i know for every
language parts of sentences are spoken differently and there is no
direct word from word translation and to be honest i can only understand
maybe 75% of the above.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2009, 4:17 AM
i like stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.K. View Post
People read much more in texts of news and pages and pages other threads, so this is the minimum enough to give all explanations. You don't need to be unpolite negative critizing my efforts and languages abbilities when i made huge efforts to learn another cultures of other countries and even learning a lot, i never had opportunity to develop and improve myself more in person in countries which speak english only, because huge costs reasons to do, even though i don't expect people who only speak english to speak perfect the languages i speak from the countries i lived. I thought this is an international site in net. But i made my positive initiative, doing a comp, even when nobody had interest to do it. If you don't want to participate, i can understand, but you don't need to critizise also, be only passive, you have always the chance to just seeing something other, ignoring this.

Even you were not polite enough and not respecting me much and my knowledges, you were the only one who had attention to this, so i answer you:

As i told above: From January next year would be to present the works sent (if appear some) and that people has opportunity to vote and choose the best they think. I quote again:

'Since January 2010, and in first half of January 2010, also 3 months after this thread is ‘closed’, i would make a second thread with a poll of all works to be presented...'

hope your doubt solved.
Sorry if I offended you
What I was trying to say is there is a whole lot of text and much of it is confusing. If you just stuck to the basic points it would be easier to understand.

Pretty much what I got out of it is you have to build a tower between 250 and 350 meters in Fortaleza. And there was something about a water plant?

Are there any other important requirements?

Old Posted Oct 3, 2009, 6:34 PM
BANNED

ok, i understand and appologize you both for not being the best i tried. This is why this thread is for the doubts.

I hope to step by step answering you.

As i said, about the project, you are totally free to immagine all what you want from one or more structure, connected or not, inside this site lines, from height of 250m up to 350m, which could be in one mix-use building or many, but should reagroup the amount of 10 thousand poor residents who live in this area. It should have hotel, offices, a lighthouse, air generators for energy and maybe theater, cinema, restaurants and whatever more you want. The rest is totally free from you, even the roads, urbanism, park, gardens and whatever you immagine.

About the water use and sewage treatment, this is not necessary to be shown in the project cause are only installations underground in a power and water plant for regeneration. As is only exterior design important, this is to be skipped. I only mentioned, that you have in mind the energy and green building most modern techniques of today in mind for a futuristic project. but of course is not necessary to shown. Maybe only the rotor blades for the the wind energy.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2009, 6:56 PM

So basically we are regenerating a part of an brazilian city.

1. design an iconic tower as the centre piece
2.the local population must be re-housed and
included in the development.
3.employment -offices retail and entertainment.
4 enviroment -green-tech,water,waste and energy.
5 urban-planning -parks,pedestrianisation,clean
transport system,art,communities etc.
6 showcase brazil an emerging economy.

is that what you mean

and with your english I think you too many words and Iknow you tried your best
but sofar the comp has gained very little interest so you may need to go to
google sketch up section.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2009, 7:15 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeR View Post

Are there any other important requirements?
No, for the rules not, you are totally free to do everything in this area, making the poor area to a futurist area, like bahrein WTC, to just give you an example, attracting an international hub of connections and companies there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota74 View Post
So basically we are regenerating a part of an brazilian city.

1. design an iconic tower as the centre piece
2.the local population must be re-housed and
included in the development.
3.employment -offices retail and entertainment.
4 enviroment -green-tech,water,waste and energy.
5 urban-planning -parks,pedestrianisation,clean
transport system,art,communities etc.
6 showcase brazil an emerging economy.

is that what you mean

and with your english I think you too many words and Iknow you tried your best
but sofar the comp has gained very little interest so you may need to go to
google sketch up section.
yes, you put in small words. You are totally free to mix uses, styles, materials, way of transportation technologies, even not existed, star wars or other sci-films tendencies and whatever you want to put... Be free inside the height range, design and urbanism, quantity of towers, bla bla bla.

The works rules is to be followed as well. If people read carefully, they probably will understand, even with my not best written english. Everytime people say i have other mentality way of thinking than majority, so this is a problem in my brain wires connections, another techonology from sky delivered here in earth.

I know the comp did not get much interest until now, but this fact is more because people is not visiting SU section as before anymore, due time, probably. Then i did not put in Sketch-up area, cause this is not only for SU, for all 3D modellers and renders and any kind of free-hand techniques also... And Aleks approved only as 'unofficial comp for fun'...

hope answering the doubts.Be free to ask, i am to help. As i said, we can all combine changing the rules, if the majority agree to fit better the case...

Old Posted Dec 20, 2009, 9:13 PM
BANNED

Since had no joins and no interests from 3 months back to be finished now 30.12.2009, i extended the competition to be started from next January and finishing entries on May.2010. So 5 months for people feeling in the phishing to join... This is due many people had no time at all, as mainly reason probably. So i was flexible with time to join. Thanks. Hope this helps... So, i restarted the comp.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art