HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

The Spiral in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 14, 2021, 4:33 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2021, 6:57 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2021, 12:15 AM
New Yorker for life

Last edited by NYguy; Aug 21, 2021 at 12:28 AM.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2021, 3:42 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Aug 23, 2021, 6:54 PM
West End & Riverside

The Spiral is a case of not looking too ugly when standing next to someone hideous (50Hud). So much of Hudson Yards turned out well, but these two bloated behemoths should be on Avenue of the Americas or nestled Downtown where they can't be fully seen.

Just one man's opinion of course!

Old Posted Aug 23, 2021, 7:43 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerumer View Post
The Spiral is a case of not looking too ugly when standing next to someone hideous (50Hud). So much of Hudson Yards turned out well, but these two bloated behemoths should be on Avenue of the Americas or nestled Downtown where they can't be fully seen.

Just one man's opinion of course!
These two towers will be top of the line, and fantastic for tenants (they’re also 2 of the most expensive ever built in New York). My problem, moreso with 50, is the enormous size, stacked so closely together like filler. Like most of us, I’m just used to towers that tall having a little consideration for the skyline. They are very wide, which isn’t unusual. It’s just not what you want at that height really. Add another few hundred feet of tapering, and that would change the perception. But the fact if the matter is, we’ve gone from having a skyline with supertall towers, to having a supertall skyline. We just have to look for ever taller skyscrapers to bail us out. That’s where a building like 175 Park comes in.

That said, I do like the Spiral. I want to see it open and active, with people on those terraces.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2021, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
These two towers will be top of the line, and fantastic for tenants (they’re also 2 of the most expensive ever built in New York). My problem, moreso with 50, is the enormous size, stacked so closely together like filler. Like most of us, I’m just used to towers that tall having a little consideration for the skyline. They are very wide, which isn’t unusual. It’s just not what you want at that height really. Add another few hundred feet of tapering, and that would change the perception. But the fact if the matter is, we’ve gone from having a skyline with supertall towers, to having a supertall skyline. We just have to look for ever taller skyscrapers to bail us out. That’s where a building like 175 Park comes in.

That said, I do like the Spiral. I want to see it open and active, with people on those terraces.
I'm thinking once the exterior lifts come down they may not feel so crowded, certainly The Spiral will look a little less blocky.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2021, 12:38 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpwithOlives View Post
I'm thinking once the exterior lifts come down they may not feel so crowded, certainly The Spiral will look a little less blocky.
It's an unfinished product overall. 3 Hudson will be another bulky tower, it could take some of the weight off of these two. Then there's then entire second phase of the rail yards, and many more towers to follow in the HY.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS6qZrFFG2_/

Old Posted Aug 26, 2021, 10:27 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Aug 27, 2021, 6:18 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Aug 31, 2021, 4:50 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Sep 1, 2021, 3:09 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Sep 3, 2021, 8:28 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Sep 4, 2021, 9:37 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: The Dronalist

Old Posted Sep 12, 2021, 6:11 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Sep 13, 2021, 12:22 AM

Is this whole area called Hudson Yards? Or is that just certain towers in that cluster? I can't believe last time I was in New York not one of those towers were up. Guess it's time for another visit!

Old Posted Sep 13, 2021, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuxTown View Post
Is this whole area called Hudson Yards? Or is that just certain towers in that cluster? I can't believe last time I was in New York not one of those towers were up. Guess it's time for another visit!
Its Related Companies Hudson Yards, Brookfield's Manhattan West, abd the Hudson Boulevard Developments which are a variety of companies projects.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2021, 12:41 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuxTown View Post

It's pretty much the area from 28th Street north to 41st Street, between the areas of 10th and 12th Avenues, with a portion (Manhattan West) to 9th Avenue.

Here's a sample map of the rezoned Hudson Yards, with blue for office and orange for residential development...(the stadium was eventually replaced with more towers).

We've come a long way from this...the building with the slanted roof is where 50 Hudson stands.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2021, 1:00 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Sep 17, 2021, 6:57 PM
New Yorker for life

Instant city, with so much more to come....

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT50Latg44x/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive