HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 6:43 AM

Blvd6200 Phase II

Quote:
Originally Posted by StethJeff View Post
Despite how unimpressive Blvd6200 looks, this simony of those cases where the block just needed the infill. Pantages looked lonely and surrounded by far too much open space before this started going up. And obviously that lot across the street needs to be developed as well. The canyon along Hollywood is in desperate need of being extended out to the 101.
The massive lot across the street is supposed to be Blvd6200's second phase. I hope it's not delayed because of the earthquake hysteria, but can't seem to get a straight answer.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 6:45 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandPark View Post
There is a graphic that wraps that corner, so that will help.
i am both laughing and crying at the idea that we need gaudy graphics in LA to cover up bad architecture. this city is sad and hopeless.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojeda101 View Post
How do you think?
Well to be quite honest, it was a straight forward question and I wouldn't have asked if I really knew how. But I would have thought the access doors would be locked or unavailable to non-residents. Therefore, somehow sneaking up to the top and risking security arresting you. I mean it is a privately owned building and someone else s property, isn't it?

Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 7:01 PM

I'm looking forward to Blvd 6200. That'll definitely be an awesome project for the area.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 7:44 PM
BANNED

Large graphic billboards all around hollywood remind me of when your computer has a virus and pop-up ads keeping popping up everywhere. These billboards are a form of urban blight, I don't know why we so readily construct them.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2014, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcal View Post
Well to be quite honest, it was a straight forward question and I wouldn't have asked if I really knew how. But I would have thought the access doors would be locked or unavailable to non-residents. Therefore, somehow sneaking up to the top and risking security arresting you. I mean it is a privately owned building and someone else s property, isn't it?
We had the cops called on us as we escaped. We evaded the 5-0

Old Posted Jan 30, 2014, 3:49 AM

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2014/0...ransit_village.
bergamot transit village delayed a little bit more

Old Posted Jan 30, 2014, 4:02 PM

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...#axzz2rtiFr08D

Vine Street resurgence continues with $285-million mixed-use project

by Roger Vincent

Quote:
With plans for a motion picture museum relocated to Wilshire Boulevard, another vast complex of apartments, offices and stores may be coming to the heart of Hollywood in the block just south of the ArcLight Cinema complex.

The Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences, the group that puts on the Oscars, scrapped plans for a museum there and sold the full city block near Sunset Boulevard and Vine Street to Los Angeles developer Kilroy Realty Corp. for $46 million.

The proposed project, valued at as much as $285 million, underscores the ascendancy of the Vine Street neighborhood around Hollywood and Sunset boulevards, where billions of dollars' worth of development has been completed or planned in recent years....

In Hollywood, Kilroy Realty plans to seek city approval to develop a 475,000-square-foot mixed-use campus intended to serve small businesses in the entertainment industry. The complex, which doesn't have a name yet, is to incorporate three office buildings, 220 apartments and shops and restaurants along Vine.

Three existing buildings on the site, including a former Big Lots store and a 1920s warehouse, will be rented to tenants during the city approval process, which is expected to last about 18 months, said David Simon, executive vice president of Kilroy Realty.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2014, 7:30 PM

Awesome. One of my favorite parts of LA.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2014, 7:58 PM

Developer to build five office buildings in Playa Vista

Developer to build five office buildings in Playa Vista
New York developer Tishman Speyer plans to spend $80 million building the Playa Vista offices and expects to break ground in March.

Tishman Speyer's Playa Vista offices are being built on speculation that there will be tenants to rent them when they are completed. (Image courtesy of the LA Times)

By Roger Vincent
January 29, 2014
LA Times

"Developer Tishman Speyer will break ground in March on five office buildings in Playa Vista, with a combined value of more than $80 million.

The properties are being built on speculation that there will be tenants to rent them when they are completed, said John Miller, director of West Coast operations for Tishman Speyer, based in New York.

Like other office buildings in the Playa Vista neighborhood south of Marina del Rey, the new structures are intended to appeal to businesses in creative fields such as entertainment and media..."

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...#axzz2ru5TiEtM

Old Posted Jan 30, 2014, 9:55 PM

200K of office square footage built on spec. Does Tishman know something we don't know or are they just rolling the dice?

Old Posted Jan 30, 2014, 10:29 PM

I think it will be okay with all the new tech companies and creative industries in that area.

LA Weekly had a nice article about companies setting up in Playa Vista.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2014, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsam View Post
200K of office square footage built on spec. Does Tishman know something we don't know or are they just rolling the dice?
That area is booming with tech. They will lease out before they are completed.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2014, 10:43 PM

Does anyone know what the status is of the LAX Northside Plan (http://www.lawa.org/GDZ/opportunity.aspx)

Old Posted Jan 31, 2014, 4:42 AM

Could LA's new NFL stadium be built in Inglewood for the Rams?

Time will tell:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/footba...#axzz2rw98jC6F

Old Posted Jan 31, 2014, 4:48 AM

From LA Times

Could just be nothing - and the article makes a point to state this - but like they said, plenty have talked the talk but this dude actually bought the land. If anything, it'll at least create plenty of juicy speculation. Get ready to revive the very old and very tiring potential NFL stadium site discussions . . .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A return of L.A. Rams?

By Sam Farmer
January 30, 2014, 6:31 p.m.

The owner of the St. Louis Rams has bought a large piece of land in Inglewood that potentially could be used for an NFL stadium, multiple individuals with knowledge of the transaction have told The Times.

Within the last month, billionaire Stan Kroenke bought a 60-acre parking lot located between the Forum and Hollywood Park, according to individuals who spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to speak on behalf of the buyer or seller . . .

Los Angeles has been without an NFL franchise since the Rams and Raiders left after the 1994 season. Although relocating a franchise would be fraught with challenges, and the L.A. market repeatedly has been used as leverage to get stadium deals done in other cities, this is the first time an NFL owner has bought a piece of land in the L.A. area capable of accommodating a stadium . . .

http://www.latimes.com/sports/footba...#axzz2rwi7rXJ2

Old Posted Jan 31, 2014, 4:49 AM

/\ Ha! Beat me to it.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2014, 5:25 AM

Quote:
/\ Ha! Beat me to it.
I like your description better!

Old Posted Jan 31, 2014, 5:48 AM
Inveterate Angeleno

I've pretty much given up on Farmers Field at this point. I just want the Rams back...

— Jerome Bruner

Old Posted Jan 31, 2014, 6:09 AM

Quote:
Could just be nothing - and the article makes a point to state this - but like they said, plenty have talked the talk but this dude actually bought the land. If anything, it'll at least create plenty of juicy speculation. Get ready to revive the very old and very tiring potential NFL stadium site discussions . . .

I would be mildly surprised if the Rams don't end up moving back. Pretty hard to believe that with the timing and location that this is all coincedental.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations