HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 5, 2014, 3:21 AM
BANNED

I don't get it, is a public vote the only way the county can raise taxes? The voters can suck it. When has democracy ever worked? Never.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2014, 5:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inSaeculaSaeculorum View Post
I don't get it, is a public vote the only way the county can raise taxes? The voters can suck it. When has democracy ever worked? Never.
Measure R?

Old Posted Jan 5, 2014, 8:12 AM

Blvd6200

Blvd6200 by Kelifornia, on Flickr

Sunset Gordon

Sunset Gordon by Kelifornia, on Flickr

Old Posted Jan 5, 2014, 7:42 PM

Thanks for the photo update, kelbeen!

Even though Blvd 6200 isn't finished yet, there's definitely a better sense of livelihood for that part of Hollywood. The empty lot next to the Pantages certainly was a mood killer.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2014, 2:45 AM

Blvd6200 Phase II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
Thanks for the photo update, kelbeen!

Even though Blvd 6200 isn't finished yet, there's definitely a better sense of livelihood for that part of Hollywood. The empty lot next to the Pantages certainly was a mood killer.
Does anyone know anything about Phase II of Blvd6200? I'm scared Clarett (developer) will back out because of the earthquake hysteria in the area. The parking lot next to the W--the planned site--is massive and awful.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2014, 4:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonLA View Post
Does anyone know anything about Phase II of Blvd6200? I'm scared Clarett (developer) will back out because of the earthquake hysteria in the area. The parking lot next to the W--the planned site--is massive and awful.
That is the main parking lot for the Pantages. No idea where I would park otherwise.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2014, 4:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaFC View Post
That is the main parking lot for the Pantages. No idea where I would park otherwise.
Both phases of Blvd 6200 have 1,000+ car garages with spaces set aside for the Pantages.

Last edited by blackcat23; Jan 6, 2014 at 5:02 AM.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2014, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Metro Red Line?

Old Posted Jan 6, 2014, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
Oh wow, I didn't know metro had already looked heavily into the proposed pink line to already cancel it, where did you get that info so I can see? I know there were a couple of different routes that were considered, the one that made the most sense to me was it being its own route going down santa monica blvd. Wwhen it reached the purple line at Wilshire going towards santa monica, it would end, and going the other route towards downtown it would go down santa monica and than route down sunset blvd until it ended at union stations doorstep...... that route would have connected a lot of neighborhoods that are not yet connected.
Here you go! http://thesource.metro.net/2010/10/1...ay-off-future/

I think a Crenshaw Northern extension via La Cienega and then a eastward turn on Santa Monica Blvd (though WeHo) would be better. Imagine having the rail line continue further east to connect with the Red Line at Vermont/Santa Monica station, and then continue via Sunset Blvd and ending at Union Station would be best. That way, you've connected Echo Park, Silver Lake, East Hollywood and West Hollywood with the Metro rail system. New transfer stations at Vermont/Santa Monca (Red Line), Wilshire/La Cienega (Purple Line), Expo/Crenshaw (Expo Line) and Aviation/Century through Redondo Beach Station (Green Line).

Basically, I agree with your prognosis.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2014, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAofAnaheim View Post
Here you go! http://thesource.metro.net/2010/10/1...ay-off-future/

I think a Crenshaw Northern extension via La Cienega and then a eastward turn on Santa Monica Blvd (though WeHo) would be better. Imagine having the rail line continue further east to connect with the Red Line at Vermont/Santa Monica station, and then continue via Sunset Blvd and ending at Union Station would be best. That way, you've connected Echo Park, Silver Lake, East Hollywood and West Hollywood with the Metro rail system. New transfer stations at Vermont/Santa Monca (Red Line), Wilshire/La Cienega (Purple Line), Expo/Crenshaw (Expo Line) and Aviation/Century through Redondo Beach Station (Green Line).

Basically, I agree with your prognosis.
ah thanks for that article. Yeah that line should have been canceled. Metro staff should be fired for that one HAHa the proposed pink line that they proposed would have been a waste of time and money and it truly would not have seen a lot of riders to validate a heavy rail/subway system. However... I think in the near future we will see another proposal for LAs next subway from Wilshire, up santa monica blvd, down sunset to connect to Union station with transfer stations in between. That line would see a LOT of ridership and connect a lot of unconnected neighborhoods. IT will be interesting to see other plans in the works for LA's lower neighborhoods, light rail no doubt, everything below the 10 fwy and near LAX and the south bay are still unconnected. Crenshaw line is a start

Old Posted Jan 6, 2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
ah thanks for that article. Yeah that line should have been canceled. Metro staff should be fired for that one HAHa the proposed pink line that they proposed would have been a waste of time and money and it truly would not have seen a lot of riders to validate a heavy rail/subway system. However... I think in the near future we will see another proposal for LAs next subway from Wilshire, up santa monica blvd, down sunset to connect to Union station with transfer stations in between. That line would see a LOT of ridership and connect a lot of unconnected neighborhoods. IT will be interesting to see other plans in the works for LA's lower neighborhoods, light rail no doubt, everything below the 10 fwy and near LAX and the south bay are still unconnected. Crenshaw line is a start
Metro never proposed the Pink Line in its current incarnation. It was started from a blogger, and since it gained attention, Metro evaluated it for the westside subway extension.

No need to fire Metro's staff, they're doing the best job they can, with the current political climate and having to fight with Homeowner Associations / Neighborhood groups left and right.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2014, 11:44 PM
FlyyyFALiiFe

Quote:
Originally Posted by StethJeff View Post
I feel like an eventual Pink Line can serve so many different glaring LA transit needs.

Rather than running the Pink Line along Vermont and into downtown along with Red/Purple, why not make it run the length of Santa Monica from Beverly Hills --> West Hollywood --> Hollywood --> crossing Red Line and onto Sunset where it can run past Dodger Stadium (and hopefully a future NFL stadium) --> underneath Chinatown to link up with Union Station --> make a stop at Piggyback Yards in anticipation of a new massive riverside park that become's the regions new real central park --> LAC+USC --> Cal State LA.
I'd like to see the Pink Line come back as light rail starting in Century City along Santa Monica Blvd before turning north to Glendale via the Hyperion/Glendale/Brand Blvd corridor. It could also offer a connection to the Red Line at Santa Monica/Vermont and with a possible future extension of the Orange Line toward Pasadena near it's terminus in Glendale.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2014, 11:48 PM
BANNED

how about a HRT extension going south on vermont down to the green line vermont station with the red line being rerouted along this extension? Then you could have the pink line run from downtown along with the purple where they'll split off at vermont/wilshire and run along the red line where it would then split off at hollywood and highland to run along santa monica before rejoining with the purple line to the westside. This would give santa monica blvd an hrt line that connects to downtown and the westside and avoid the whole running 3 lines on a single track dillema. btw not pretending metro hasn't considered any of this, just wanna know what the forum thinks

Old Posted Jan 6, 2014, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuFFy View Post
I'd like to see the Pink Line come back as light rail starting in Century City along Santa Monica Blvd before turning north to Glendale via the Hyperion/Glendale/Brand Blvd corridor. It could also offer a connection to the Red Line at Santa Monica/Vermont and with a possible future extension of the Orange Line toward Pasadena near it's terminus in Glendale.
Definitely cant be light rail as the ridership will be too high.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2014, 7:19 AM

Anyone have any info on 1122 Gayley in the Westwood village at Gayley/Lindbrook? (not the proposed tower on Wilshire). It's pretty prime location and had been an empty lot for at least a few years. The hole they started building from was pretty deep.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2014, 8:54 AM
Paramoderator

Quote:
Anyone have any info on 1122 Gayley in the Westwood village at Gayley/Lindbrook? (not the proposed tower on Wilshire). It's pretty prime location and had been an empty lot for at least a few years. The hole they started building from was pretty deep.

Apartments above retail. Actually a pretty good move for Westwood - adding residents right in the village. Should help the place get out of its slump, and the design isn't terrible either.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2014, 3:55 AM

http://m.la.curbed.com/archives/2014...s_bad_news.php

I guess we won't be seeing the millennium towers go up

Last edited by bobbyv; Jan 9, 2014 at 4:58 AM.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2014, 4:10 AM
Paramoderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyv View Post
http://m.la.curbed.com/archives/2014...s_bad_news.php

I guess we won't be seeing the millennium towers go up
While part of me is upset at this, part of me also thinks that this is ultimately the right decision. If a building is fundamentally unsafe, than it shouldn't be built.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2014, 4:44 AM

if i were millennium partners i would take the millennium towers make em taller redesign them and put them downtown since it can officially not be built now

Old Posted Jan 9, 2014, 5:36 AM

State law holds that new construction cannot be within 50 feet of a fault line, and anything within 500 feet requires stringent seismic testing. The Millennium Hollywood parcels are large enough that there is probably still buildable area, even if the fault line does run through the property. 6230 Yucca may not be so lucky. We won't know for sure until the developers dig trenches.

This isn't good news for the projects around Capitol Records, but their opponents are premature in declaring victory.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations