HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Jun 16, 2017, 6:30 PM

This project has sold out the first 2 buildings, and I imagine the 3rd will sell out soon.
A friend bought a unit in phase 2 and said the line-up was massive, around the block, the day sales took place. Apparently it sold 95% in about 5 hours.

Ground was broken this morning on the first building.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2017, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRTfan View Post
This project has sold out the first 2 buildings, and I imagine the 3rd will sell out soon.
A friend bought a unit in phase 2 and said the line-up was massive, around the block, the day sales took place. Apparently it sold 95% in about 5 hours.

Ground was broken this morning on the first building.
Do you know where the majority of the buyers were from and how old? GTA? Young ppl? Investors?

Interesting that sales of Connaught and Charlton seem to be doing well but then 150 Main couldn't sell all of its unit and converted a good chunk to rentals. (though thats not stopping him from building more across the street)

Old Posted Jun 16, 2017, 7:26 PM
Hamilton Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by king10 View Post
Do you know where the majority of the buyers were from and how old? GTA? Young ppl? Investors?

Interesting that sales of Connaught and Charlton seem to be doing well but then 150 Main couldn't sell all of its unit and converted a good chunk to rentals. (though thats not stopping him from building more across the street)
150 main isn't exactly in the core though.. perhaps that's why.. I mean there is a super sketchy motel right across the street from it - I know this because my parents lived in the 21 story condo directly south of the building for a while.

In addition its close to hess and the constant noise at night is one of the reasons my parents moved away from that area.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2017, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronamut View Post
150 main isn't exactly in the core though.. perhaps that's why.. I mean there is a super sketchy motel right across the street from it - I know this because my parents lived in the 21 story condo directly south of the building for a while.

In addition its close to hess and the constant noise at night is one of the reasons my parents moved away from that area.
Not sure about that.

I'd consider 150 main more "in the core" than this Charlton condo(Wentworth and the Escarpment). I mean150 Main is basically at the the corner of Main and Bay Kitty corner to City Hall.

The proximity to Hess may definitely play a factor, and being on Main there isn't much in the ways of character in that area.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2017, 7:42 PM
Hamilton Historian

Quote:
Not sure about that.

I'd consider 150 main more "in the core" than this Charlton condo(Wentworth and the Escarpment). I mean150 Main is basically at the the corner of Main and Bay Kitty corner to City Hall.

The proximity to Hess may definitely play a factor, and being on Main there isn't much in the ways of character in that area.
I don't know about anyone else but as soon as you get past the bank on the corner of king and james, past the bus terminal and all that.. it just stops feeling like downtown.. it's like downtown stops at the jackson plaza

I tend to think of downtown eastward from king and james.. maybe it's because all of the old pictures always focus on this area.. or because there was literally nothing there past that for the longest time.. just empty parking lots and sad looking old crumbling buildings..

Old Posted Jun 16, 2017, 8:21 PM

Quote:

I bought one on the phase 2 day release. I'm 24 and looked to be the youngest. a lot of older retirees, and only a few investors it looked like. Still saw a bunch of young couples late 20's and early 30's it looked like.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2017, 8:35 PM
Hamilton Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timach View Post
I bought one on the phase 2 day release. I'm 24 and looked to be the youngest. a lot of older retirees, and only a few investors it looked like. Still saw a bunch of young couples late 20's and early 30's it looked like.
that's good - that's the demographic we want to be attracting - young couples with money and older retired people with money.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2017, 9:39 PM

Anybody been by this site of recent. Would imagine they would want the triple play to get under way asap.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King&James View Post
Anybody been by this site of recent. Would imagine they would want the triple play to get under way asap.
I drive by all the time cause I bought one lol.. Looks like they got some I-beam in the ground (I think that's what it is lol)

Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 10:06 PM

^^ thanks! Dark Not a whole lot of bright hours in the day to get a good photo!

Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King&James View Post
^^ thanks! Dark Not a whole lot of bright hours in the day to get a good photo!
I know, I can never get a good picture either!

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 6:39 PM

Ground work has started for this project. Crews on site.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 4:39 PM

There's been a pile driver there operating every day for weeks at this point. Very loud.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgrande View Post
There's been a pile driver there operating every day for weeks at this point. Very loud.
They're gonna be pouring the concrete for the garage and start building one and two soon. Digging is done

Old Posted Jan 16, 2018, 5:27 PM

crane installation happening today

Old Posted Jan 16, 2018, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRTfan View Post
crane installation happening today
Exciting, I saw them make the pad for it. Thought it was something else as I didn't think they'd use a crane here! Next year can't come soon enough!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2018, 9:33 PM
Hamilton Historian

su-weet!

Can't wait to see this come to fruition!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2018, 10:45 PM

crane looks deadly from the Mtn Brow...in a sweet location. Very visible.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 12:24 AM

Yeah it is nuts! So close to the brow. We drove by last night and didn't notice it until it was literally at eye level beside us.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 4:27 AM

ok, who is going to post the first pic of the first new Hamilton crane of 2018!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton