HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

King's Wharf Lot I in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Halifax Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 10, 2020, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alps View Post
King's Landing was finished in 1984, while Admiralty Place was completed in 1987. Both buildings were designed around 1982 with the involvement of another firm, called "Cowle and Martin Associates", but I haven't been able to find more information on this company except that they were based in Toronto. Seems like both buildings were developed by Rampart Enterprises Ltd. I wonder what brought them to Dartmouth?
Admiralty Place was finished in 1986. The developer bought into the hype of the great wealth we were going to have from offshore oil and gas exploration and development induced by the federal/provincial governments; it really kicked off in 1979/80. And then high interest rates and inflation effectively wiped out the developer. I can remember the large misleading ads in the Herald with a drawing of a ferry gliding by the new building. We bought our house in May 1983 and the interest rate was 13.75%, a rate you will never see again in your lifetime.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth