HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Apr 27, 2020, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciweiss View Post
I took the bike by the Pier development this morning. They were moving a crane section and hopefully they will be raising it soon. Also, there was about a dozen workers this morning.
When I drove by, I thought it looked like they were setting the base for the 2nd tower crane? I may be mistaken.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2020, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
When I drove by, I thought it looked like they were setting the base for the 2nd tower crane? I may be mistaken.
Gonna go out on a limb here and call this the West 6th of this recession. Their inexplicably slow pace has cause them to be in the middle of construction during what is going to prove to be a very very difficult financial time. I predict this never finishes. They really will only have themselves to blame.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2020, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Gonna go out on a limb here and call this the West 6th of this recession. Their inexplicably slow pace has cause them to be in the middle of construction during what is going to prove to be a very very difficult financial time. I predict this never finishes. They really will only have themselves to blame.
Or....their timing could be perfect because they are still a year to two years out from completion and who knows where the market will be at this time.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2020, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
Or....their timing could be perfect because they are still a year to two years out from completion and who knows where the market will be at this time.
I never thought this project could survive the next recession either but I never looked at it this way. Lol!!!! Maybe you are right and what if they have been moving slow because they are not highly leveraged with loans.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2020, 2:03 AM

https://www.apartmentfinder.com/Ariz...tments-49b11jl

Recently all the apartment sites have been updated with info on the development. Usually the property managers do this. I have a friend who is a PE on the project and said they recently got the contract (in the last 3 months). This is a sign that this project will be completed to the end. Typically, financing is secured prior to construction and what is currently being built will be built. This is the same with all other projects currently being built or in the 30-90 day pipeline. Also, Centerpoint (now W6), had a ton of other issues with their financing.

The projects we really needed to worry about are the ones who are in the early stages (Design Review, no grading or building permits). This recession isn't starting with the construction market, contrary to the 2008 recession. It has started with tourism, but will eventually trickle down. I think projects in planning will be put on hold and the big effect will see here is with projects not being kicked off for 1-2 years or more.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2020, 3:29 PM

That's really good news. I drove by last night and the crane did get raised

I say we document pictures of the progress more regularly. I am happy to swing down there every now and then to get some progress photos.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2020, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
That's really good news. I drove by last night and the crane did get raised

I say we document pictures of the progress more regularly. I am happy to swing down there every now and then to get some progress photos.
Yeah you always do a great job of providing us with status photos. I am even interested in the smaller infill town homes too that seem to be moving forward.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2020, 8:49 PM

Smile 04/28/20 Tempe Construction

Went on a run this morning and decided to take some quick pics for you guys, since photo updates seem to be scarce around here lately...

As a fair warning, I'm not 100% on the names of all of the projects downtown, so I may butcher, feel free to correct me and I will update lol.

WARNING, picture heavy, placed in spoiler for your convenience!

General updates (no photos):

Google Maps satellite view appears to have been updated about 2-3 months behind? You can see the vast amount of land cleared for Phase II, Oliv, Mirabella and the hole for Westin starting to go up. Innovation District Phase I is also visible with Hyatt House and the fancy building I am too lazy to search for the name of currently. ISTB7 land is cleared.

Tempe Street Car is basically at the intersection of Mill & University, they should probably be closing that intersection any day now to connect the line. A few weeks ago I was driving on Ash, and the street car was also at the corner of University and Ash Ave by Whole Foods. I'm not sure one the exact route of the street car but I'm assuming it will tie in at the University and Mill intersection to create a full loop?

There are 3 light weight cranes (idk what to call them, but the baby cranes haha), visible on Apache Blvd from University. I believe two of them are for Apollo and then the other is for the project across the way closer to Dorsey Ln.

Phase II, from what I can see from the ground is clearing way for the roadwork. It seems the Dorsey Ln extension will be the first road completed over there.

The APS Substation towers are completely torn down, and you now have a full unobstructed view of Camelback and Watermark from that angle. Also, at some point McClintock was repaved and is now butter smooth until the University Dr intersection.

Last edited by skiesthelimit; Apr 29, 2020 at 9:35 PM. Reason: fixed pictures

Old Posted Apr 28, 2020, 9:12 PM

Thank you for the pics!

Old Posted Apr 28, 2020, 9:18 PM

*Insert Wario noise here* Can't see the pictures, tried both PC and smartphone, is anyone having this issue??

Old Posted Apr 28, 2020, 9:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
*Insert Wario noise here* Can't see the pictures, tried both PC and smartphone, is anyone having this issue??
I couldn't get them to load on a Mac either Really anxious to see them! I work in Tempe but live in central Phoenix so I've been missing out on all the Tempe action working from home.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2020, 9:58 PM

Great pics!

Worked fine for me on Google Chrome/Windows. You guys clicked on the "Show" button right? LOL

Old Posted Apr 28, 2020, 10:13 PM

Couldn't see them either.. tried my phone and 3 different browsers. And yes I clicked the show button lol

Old Posted Apr 29, 2020, 2:42 AM

Using both a macbook and windows, not viewable on either

Old Posted Apr 29, 2020, 2:23 PM

Pictures are not viewable

Old Posted Apr 29, 2020, 8:10 PM

I have tried to view the photos on Windows/Chrome and on my iPad on Chrome and no go. Do you have this gallery saved on another website skiesthelimit ?

Old Posted Apr 29, 2020, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygnusloop99 View Post
I have tried to view the photos on Windows/Chrome and on my iPad on Chrome and no go. Do you have this gallery saved on another website skiesthelimit ?
If those who can see them, save them down to their desktop then reupload via flickr?

Old Posted Apr 29, 2020, 9:32 PM

Apologies to everyone that could not see the photos... not sure what happened there with google photos, it appeared to work for select people, myself included.

I have reuploaded the photos to flickr and everyone should be able to view them now.

Sorry for the delay!

Old Posted Apr 29, 2020, 9:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiesthelimit View Post
Apologies to everyone that could not see the photos... not sure what happened there with google photos, it appeared to work for select people, myself included.

I have reuploaded the photos to flickr and everyone should be able to view them now.

Sorry for the delay!
It works for me now. Thank you very much!

Old Posted Apr 29, 2020, 10:05 PM

Great pics! I take back what I said about MrRE, you are now my favorite person on this forum!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest