HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Aug 3, 2009, 6:25 AM

I would love to an 850'+ version of this. Unfortunately, any version may be a long, long way off!

Old Posted Mar 4, 2015, 3:22 AM

Last edited by Design-mind; Mar 4, 2015 at 4:05 AM. Reason: tried resizing images smaller with bb code (no luck!)

Old Posted Mar 4, 2015, 5:35 AM
ARTchitecture

Not bad. Certainly not great though. It's surprising that this one didn't get going in this cycle, yet Manulife did. Considering that the foundation and underground of this one are already complete.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2015, 3:09 PM

/\All things considered, pretty happy that Manulife got going instead, that is a terrific looking building that is going to be one of the city's best.

This project, while not bad, just isn't worthy of such a key location IMO. This site deserves more than just another glass box. And the (~28-30 floors, if I recall correctly) means this building would be almost invisible in the skyline, blocked by taller structures all around it. Heck, the 44-floor FCC1 is getting lost in the forest these days.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2015, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Not bad. Certainly not great though. It's surprising that this one didn't get going in this cycle, yet Manulife did. Considering that the foundation and underground of this one are already complete.
The website still has a 2017 completion date on it??

Old Posted Mar 5, 2015, 7:17 AM
ARTchitecture

Well hopefully that doesn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMalgus View Post
/\All things considered, pretty happy that Manulife got going instead, that is a terrific looking building that is going to be one of the city's best.

This project, while not bad, just isn't worthy of such a key location IMO. This site deserves more than just another glass box. And the (~28-30 floors, if I recall correctly) means this building would be almost invisible in the skyline, blocked by taller structures all around it. Heck, the 44-floor FCC1 is getting lost in the forest these days.
I agree. Especially considering that the foundation here can support a 50 storey building or however tall the original twin was supposed to be. So it would be smart to wait and let us get another 200+ meter beauty out of this lot. Mixed use in this location would be incredible.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2015, 7:58 AM

I was reading a response I made in 2009... I would love to see an 850 footer on this spot! Actually, the 54 story old render wasn't too bad.... Oh well!

Old Posted Mar 7, 2015, 5:44 AM
Editor

I hope this tower never gets built.

We don't need another 20 something storey office building in the CBD. I'd far rather see something built in the Beltline or along 9th/10th ave.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2015, 6:57 AM

^^ You can say that again! ^^

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive