HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Arts, Culture & Entertainment

Old Posted Feb 15, 2008, 7:36 AM
I worship Led Zeppelin

Awesome concert schedule website - search by artist, city or venue:

Pollstar

Old Posted Feb 15, 2008, 10:12 AM

Great thanks for the link.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2008, 5:32 AM
BANNED

how about Michelle Branch? she's cool...

Old Posted Feb 26, 2008, 5:47 AM
I'm cheap

YAY!!! MATTHEW GOOD AT THE ORPHEUM!!! SA-WEET!

Full band this time... June 26th.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 1:12 AM

Huge Concert Announcement : Pemberton Festival

Mike Hanafin
PEMBERTON (NEWS1130) - The lineup for the first ever "Pemberton Festival" has been announced, featuring some of the biggest music groups in the world, including Coldplay, The Tragically Hip, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Sam Roberts, and even Jay-Z.

They'll be the headliners in the three-day musical festival, playing from July 25th to 27th in Pemberton. There are two stages and a dance tent with more than 50 bands in all over the three day festival. Tickets go onsale March 28th at www.Pembertonfestival.com, but they won't come cheap, at $240 apiece (plus service charges).

The announced lineup: Coldplay, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Nine Inch Nails, Jay-Z, The Tragically Hip, The Flaming Lips, Serj Tankian, Death Cab for Cutie, Interpol, My Morning Jacket, Sam Roberts Band, Metric, Black Mountain, Vampire Weekend, The Crystal Method DJ Set, DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist, Booka Shade, Junkie XL, Dave Seaman Wintersleep, Buck 65, Secret Machines, SIA, Mstrkrft, Deadmau5, Brazillian Girls, Mgmt, The Fiery Furnaces, Mates of State, Grand Ole Party, Carolina, Liar, The Airborne Toxic Event, Monte Negro, Low vs Diamond, Annie Stela, M.A.N.D.Y., Tommie Sunshine, Chromeo, 3 oh! 3, Kevin Shiu, Yimeline, Tony Pantages

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 2:09 AM

Wow... that's rather impressive, like a nascent Canadian Coachella. Sweet. Every year I promise myself I will make it down to Indio but as yet I haven't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
Mike Hanafin
PEMBERTON (NEWS1130) - The lineup for the first ever "Pemberton Festival" has been announced.

The announced lineup: Coldplay, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Nine Inch Nails, Jay-Z, The Tragically Hip, The Flaming Lips, Serj Tankian, Death Cab for Cutie, Interpol, My Morning Jacket, Sam Roberts Band, Metric, Black Mountain, Vampire Weekend, The Crystal Method DJ Set, DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist, Booka Shade, Junkie XL, Dave Seaman Wintersleep, Buck 65, Secret Machines, SIA, Mstrkrft, Deadmau5, Brazillian Girls, Mgmt, The Fiery Furnaces, Mates of State, Grand Ole Party, Carolina, Liar, The Airborne Toxic Event, Monte Negro, Low vs Diamond, Annie Stela, M.A.N.D.Y., Tommie Sunshine, Chromeo, 3 oh! 3, Kevin Shiu, Yimeline, Tony Pantages

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 3:58 AM
senior something

Rumour has it Iron Maiden is coming on June 3rd!

I'm not the guy from Subway.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 5:37 PM
Site 8 Lives

If the Pemberton Festival even remotely compares to England's Glastonbury Festival -- as has been alluded to by local media -- this is a huge coup for British Columbia music fans, and could be the start of an amazing summer concert tradition.

I love the location and the ambition -- and this year's line-up is nothing to sniff at.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 7:13 PM

its too bad we dont get more good shows. a lot of acts go to seattle but dont bother coming a few hours north to Vancouver. i only saw a couple acts that i would want to go to. the most likely one would be atmosphere, but even that is iffy. it will probably be a pretty scenester show

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Gull View Post
If the Pemberton Festival even remotely compares to England's Glastonbury Festival -- as has been alluded to by local media -- this is a huge coup for British Columbia music fans, and could be the start of an amazing summer concert tradition.

I love the location and the ambition -- and this year's line-up is nothing to sniff at.
Looks to be more on par with the Sasquatch Festival, wouldn't you say?

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 8:48 PM
BANNED

One of the reasons many American bands apparently don't like coming here is because U.S. based artists have to pay extra taxes to perform in Canada. I heard someone say promoters have to pay thousands extra in taxes. For a major concert where they can sell out the GM place this may not be an issue, but it is for garage bands. Any more info on this?

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 9:12 PM

why dont you ask the guy in the orange vest?

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 9:22 PM
I worship Led Zeppelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutterbug View Post
Looks to be more on par with the Sasquatch Festival, wouldn't you say?
But way closer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
Rumour has it Iron Maiden is coming on June 3rd!
Fuck YEAH!!!

Old Posted Mar 17, 2008, 4:32 AM
senior something

Iron Maiden is confirmed for June 3, Pacific Coloseum.

http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?..._articleid=838

Can't wait to see this beauty at YVR:

I'm not the guy from Subway.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2008, 11:45 PM

Coldplay, Tom Petty, MMJ, Nine Inch Nails and Jay-Z to Anchor Pemberton Music Festival

Pemberton Music Festival is the latest summertime mega-festival to debut this July. The multi-band gathering will take place in the mountains surrounding Vancouver, BC from July 25-27, featuring marquee sets by Coldplay, Tom Petty, My Morning Jacket, Nine Inch Nails and Jay-Z. The festival marks concert-promoting giant Live Nation’s first foray into the European-style festival production that has helped propel Bonnaroo and Coachella to fame. Confirmed performers include The Tragically Hip, The Flaming Lips, Serj Tankian, Death Cab For Cutie, Interpol, Sam Roberts Band, Metric, Black Mountain, Vampire Weekend, The Crystal Method DJ Set, DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist, Booka Shade, Junkie XL, Dave Seaman, Wintersleep, Buck 65, Secret Machines, SIA, MSTRKRFT, Deadmau5, Brazilian Girls, MGMT, The Fiery Furnaces, Mates Of State, Grand Ole Party, Carolina Liar, The Airborne Toxic Event, Monte Negro, Low VS Diamond, Annie Stela, M.A.N.D.Y., Tommie Sunshine, Chromeo, 3 OH! 3, Kevin Shiu, Timeline and Tony Pantages In total, the event will feature over 50 bands spread over two stages and one dance tent. For more information please visit www.PembertonFestival.com.

http://www.relix.com/Features/Daily_...803172786.html

Old Posted Mar 19, 2008, 1:28 AM
Site 8 Lives

With regards to the Pemberton Festival, perhaps it's time this part of the province get an outdoor music venue on the same scale as the Gorge in Washington State. (which hosts the Sasquatch Festival).

A few years ago, Bruce Allen was looking into something like this (for Richmond or Surrey, I believe), but it fell through.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2008, 3:07 AM

yeah thunderbird stadium seems to be the place for out door concerts if they venture this way

but deer lake has done some good shows

Old Posted Mar 19, 2008, 4:29 AM
Site 8 Lives

^But wouldn't be it great to have an inspired, open-air music venue set against mountains or ocean, ala The Gorge, with lots of parking and camping and tail-gating nearby?

Old Posted Mar 21, 2008, 9:05 PM
I worship Led Zeppelin

Deer Lake Park is incredible, but it only holds about 10,000. The Arcade Fire show there last May was just magical.

Photo Credit: Trent Maynard (flickr)

Old Posted Mar 21, 2008, 10:12 PM

^^^

i was there. great show. the bjork show the night before was even more brilliant.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Arts, Culture & Entertainment