HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Closed Thread

Old Posted Mar 17, 2021, 4:22 AM

Paver stone base

I'm working on a small project in my backyard and am having trouble finding materials. We have a swing chair in a shaded area so the grass is struggling. I figured I could add a few paver stones and some left over river stone that we have. I want to lay some weed barrier then some crushed rock then some leveling sand to make for proper drainage and so that it would last more than a couple of years. It is only 8' x 5' area so I don't want to ship in truck load just need a few bags.

I thought Home Depot would have what I need but their website says "Not available in your area"

Anyone know why? Where I would go to get maybe 1/2 a cubic yard of crushed gravel and sand? or is there a better way for this?

Thanks for your help folks

Old Posted Mar 17, 2021, 4:35 AM

I find the best place to get landscaping materials is ArtKnapps. There is one I go to in South Surrey right off of King George BLVD. They should have the materials that you are looking for. You basically fill up however many bags you need and pay by the bag.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2021, 5:16 PM

Thanks, I just found another place that looks like they have what we need closer to my area in Vancouver on Cambie. Lawnboylandscape.

I called Homedepot today and they said the product is not in demand in this area as the reason they don't sell it. They sell pavers so I figured for convenience sake they would carry materials needed to lay pavers.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2021, 6:44 PM

Northwest Landscape in Burnaby would be my suggestion.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2021, 7:19 PM

If you go into any home improvement store they usually have a side lumber yard where you can drive in and buy that kind of stuff.

End

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues