HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 11, 2022, 4:10 PM

For reference: https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=199758

This is just the Statesman property. The other tracts south of it to Riverside will soon also be in play.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2022, 8:09 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

^ Amazing. I hope some level of that comes to fruition.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Oct 11, 2022, 8:23 PM

Waterline (98 Red River)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverranchdrone View Post
[IMG]http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nRV5pT][/url]DJI_0219-HDR by Jason Luebbe, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Oct 12, 2022, 1:45 AM
クラブトクヨ

It’s hard to imagine a super tall there in the future!

Old Posted Oct 12, 2022, 4:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Austin has such a nice natural setting with the river, I'm so happy this was one of the cities that happened to boom. It could potentially rival any city outside NY or Chicago sometime this decade.

I wonder when we'll see plans for 3rd and Congress and if rumors of a new tallest are true.
It's also one of the few big cities without a freeway along the river making it very attractive/walkable and pleasant.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2022, 6:12 AM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio5 View Post
It's also one of the few big cities without a freeway along the river making it very attractive/walkable and pleasant.
Relatively few cities have freeways that separate their urban core from their primary water frontage (which is a trope)

St. Louis, Kansas City, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dallas, Phoenix, Tampa, and Sacramento.

And of those that have dismantled freeways, only San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle really count.

Cities which engage well with their water frontages beyond the above three: San Diego, Austin, Nashville, Miami, Baton Rouge, Memphis, Omaha, Houston, San Antonio, Columbus, Indianapolis, New York City, Chicago, Boston, Providence, Syracuse, Rochester, Knoxville, Chattanooga, Jacksonville, Baltimore, D.C., Philadelphia, Detroit, Denver, Albuquerque, Minneapolis and Saint Paul, among many others including most medium and small cities.

There are few other offenders, but they mostly have industrial along their primary waterfronts (rather than a freeway).
SATX: 1435k (+8%) + MSA suburbs: 1124k (+38%) + CSA exurbs: 18k (+11%)
ATX: 962k (+22%) + MSA suburbs: 1322k (+43%)

Old Posted Oct 12, 2022, 10:01 PM

Stream Realty Unveils Plans For Six-Story, High-End Office in East Austin

Quote:
Stream Realty Partners is set to break ground on a six-story office building in the highly sought-after, last major developable block in Core East Austin.

1400 East at 1400 E. Fourth St. will sit in the heart of one of Austin’s most walkable neighborhoods and is connected by the Lance Armstrong Bikeway and Austin’s Metrorail. Stream, a national real estate services, development, and investment firm, will partner with Barings, a leading investment firm based in Charlotte, North Carolina, on the venture. Construction is expected to kick off in early 2023, with final delivery in late 2024.

The building, designed by HKS, will have a striking curved façade and be built around a tenant-first office environment. Hospitality-influenced amenity management, a fitness center, bike valet, and smart building technology will amplify the employee work experience at 1400 East.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2022, 10:37 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
“highly sought-after, last major developable block in core East Austin“

???

Old Posted Oct 13, 2022, 5:37 AM

Railyard (ATX Towers)

The latest concept for the mixed-use development.

https://online.fliphtml5.com/dpxl/oyzb/

Old Posted Oct 13, 2022, 5:52 AM

The city of towers continues to add to it's bounty! Nice looking buildings in the renderings.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2022, 6:56 AM

Railyard, seriously? I get it's a concept name but it makes no sense in any dimension with downtown Austin. That is unless they're trying to count the light rail line nearby that is a reach in itself.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2022, 7:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
Railyard, seriously? I get it's a concept name but it makes no sense in any dimension with downtown Austin. That is unless they're trying to count the light rail line nearby that is a reach in itself.
This uses to be the site of Austin’s industrial rail yard when Austin was first connected to the national rail system, which is why the commuter rail line (not light rail) dead ends where it does.

The light rail system - which is currently in design - will also have a station - within a block of the building when it is completed.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2022, 8:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
Railyard (ATX Towers)

The latest concept for the mixed-use development.

https://online.fliphtml5.com/dpxl/oyzb/

Eh, feels somewhat underwhelming compared to the original concept.
Then again, said original concept and all the talk of a potential supertall there may have made me rather spoiled to begin with.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2022, 12:00 PM

I'm fairly certain this is an old proposal. It is all of blocks 16 and 32, and not all of the two half blocks of the Railyard Condos site. See the dedicated thread in the Austin section for more.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2022, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
I'm fairly certain this is an old proposal. It is all of blocks 16 and 32, and not all of the two half blocks of the Railyard Condos site. See the dedicated thread in the Austin section for more.
I hope you're right. I don't know what it is but so many of these Austin projects are just ugly. Is this what buildings look like now?

Old Posted Oct 13, 2022, 5:28 PM
Member since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
Correct. Karlin does not own the properties on which these towers sit (due west of the current convention center). In fact, several towers are already working through the entitlement process on the properties where these sit. None, currently, have an association with Karlin.

Last edited by GoldenBoot; Oct 13, 2022 at 6:51 PM.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2022, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eburress View Post
I hope you're right. I don't know what it is but so many of these Austin projects are just ugly. Is this what buildings look like now?
I think most of the projects have been great looking, except for the supertall (uuuglyy).

Old Posted Oct 14, 2022, 1:07 AM
クラブトクヨ

I like the railroad yard towers, modern and futuristic to me.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2022, 2:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubtokyo View Post
I like the railroad yard towers, modern and futuristic to me.
Yeah they definitely go hard. (Gotta be hip and use the lingo)
They'll make for a nice skyline shi....

Old Posted Oct 14, 2022, 3:46 PM

Transforming Brodie Oaks From Shopping Center to City in South Austin

Quote:
Taking a sprawling 1980s strip mall-style shopping center and replacing its large parking lots and storefronts with denser housing — including approximately 200 affordable homes — alongside offices, hotels, and retail allows the development team of Barshop & Oles Company and Lionstone Investments to lower the existing impervious cover of the site and increase its open green space by more than 30 percent, providing nearly 12 acres of new city parkland, 10 of those acres adjacent to the Barton Creek Greenbelt. Due to its location inside the regulatory area of the city’s Save Our Springs water quality initiative, the Brodie redevelopment is likely the most environmentally sensitive project of its scale currently planned in the city, and should provide a roadmap for future upgrades of similar underutilized and overpaved shopping centers throughout the outskirts of the urban core.

Once the PUD is finalized, the project should enter the permitting phase by 2024, with the first phase of construction tentatively scheduled for groundbreaking sometime in 2025. With this final stage of approvals now approaching, the project’s development team has recently launched a new website for the plan, which is simply going by the name Brodie — that’s where we’re finding all these incredible before and after pictures of the shopping center, and you ought to check it out for yourself.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations