HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Penn Station is WAY more important to the city than MSG is. Penn simply cannot properly serve the city unless MSG is completely out of the way. There is just no way around that. If MSG ceases to exist anywhere in the city, so be it.
The more I learn about this proposal, the more I hate it.

Keeping the repugnant eyesore that is MSG. Putting lipstick on a pig for Penn Station. Destroying a dozen historic buildings (all pre-wars), replacements are likely blue-clad boxes, no knockout towers.

The right answer was always simple: bulldoze MSG (Cuomo's such a self-professed big, strong macho man but is too scared to eminent domain a building owned by a family that is widely loathed?), rebuild Penn Station, add 500m supertalls to the northern sites currently occupied by lowrise trash.

Instead what we're getting: keeping MSG (and the evil owners who will feel empowered now), subpar Penn Station (still), mediocre skyscrapers, destroying historic buildings to the South.

Absolute trash. I hope Cuomo gets ousted for his corruption and we start over. The only even remotely acceptable part is the Vornado piece of the equation (sites 4, 5, 6, 7, 8).

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals