HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 17, 2023, 6:57 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckett5425 View Post
Current renderings for 3401 St Charles can be found here.

https://www.3401stcharlesave.com/

Old Posted Oct 18, 2023, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingque View Post
They will be fine. New Orleans is in need of entertainment options like this for corporate outings, kids, college students and families in general. Having worked for multiple corporate entities, whenever we traveled to another city for a "breakout session", the entertainment options available were an important variable.

Not everybody wants to engage with the French Quarter and I don't blame them.
They will both be successful. I feel Topgolf will cater more to visitors and certainly many locals. But, I think Five O Fore will cater more to locals, Metairie, and Uptown as it will be easily accessible. From what I’ve seen, both will be high quality first class experiences.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2023, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon504 View Post
They will both be successful. I feel Topgolf will cater more to visitors and certainly many locals. But, I think Five O Fore will cater more to locals, Metairie, and Uptown as it will be easily accessible. From what I’ve seen, both will be high quality first class experiences.
I’ve never stepped foot into a Top Golf .. so I don’t know if they require a reservation ahead of time. If they do and if they’re booked solid, that leaves opportunity for Five O’ Fore if they’re not fully booked.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2023, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDot View Post
I’ve never stepped foot into a Top Golf .. so I don’t know if they require a reservation ahead of time. If they do and if they’re booked solid, that leaves opportunity for Five O’ Fore if they’re not fully booked.
Man, let me tell you. They don't require reservations. Even if you have a reservation, you'll still probably have to wait a while. That's one of the biggest issues with Top Golf that I've experienced in multiple cities.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2023, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingque View Post
Man, let me tell you. They don't require reservations. Even if you have a reservation, you'll still probably have to wait a while. That's one of the biggest issues with Top Golf that I've experienced in multiple cities.
Sounds like a great reason to have two in easy driving distance from each other!

Old Posted Oct 18, 2023, 6:39 PM
-

North Shore Update : New Subdivisions Approved:

New Commercial Office

Old Posted Oct 18, 2023, 6:43 PM
-

36-21610 Alcohol: Class A - Restaurant Beer and Liquor LPB LLC LE PETIT BLEU
1427 WASHINGTON AVE
NEW ORLEANS LA 70130-5751 Active Oct 12, 2023 May 31, 2024

36-21611 Alcohol: Class A - Restaurant Beer and Liquor 14 PARISHES AT ALGIERS POINT LLC 14 PARISHES
801 PATTERSON DR
NEW ORLEANS LA 70114-1137 Active Oct 12, 2023 May 31, 2024

djsnola
52-21656 Alcohol: Class A - Restaurant Beer and Liquor DAKOTA RESTAURANT INC THE DAKOTA RESTAURANT
310 E BOSTON ST
COVINGTON LA 70433-2802 Temporary Oct 13, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Tulane Receives $10M Gift to Upgrade Athletics Facilities

Primary goals of the Investing in Excellence campaign include renovating the James W. Wilson Jr. Center and building an attached sports performance facility, installing a multipurpose indoor practice facility for football and other programs, upgrading the turf in Yulman and Turchin Stadiums, and building a new tennis complex. The campaign has already supported the recently completed renovations to the natatorium, and will also fund a new multipurpose headquarters for Tulane’s varsity sailing program and Community Sailing New Orleans thanks to a $2.75 million gift from Libby and Robert Alexander.

https://www.bizneworleans.com/tulane...cs-facilities/

Westwego Textiles Company to Construct $15M Commercial Laundry Facility

WESTWEGO, La. – Loop Linen Service — a fourth-generation, family-owned textile rental company — announced it will invest $15 million to construct a new 55,000-square-foot commercial laundry facility at the intersection of U.S. 90 and Louisiana 18 in Bridge City, La. The company’s current headquarters is located about three miles away at 463 Ave A in Westwego.

https://www.bizneworleans.com/westwe...ndry-facility/

Lucy’s Retired Surfers Bar & Restaurant to Unveil Major Expansion

NEW ORLEANS – In December, Lucy’s Retired Surfers Bar & Restaurant (701 Tchoupitoulas Street) will unveil a $3.5 million expansion into the historic building next door.

The restaurant’s owners say the move into 709 Tchoupitoulas Street will add more than 8,000 square feet of additional dining and event space, upgraded courtyard areas, a new balcony and an elevator. It will also bring more restrooms, additional storage, new kitchen prep areas and a corporate apartment.

https://www.bizneworleans.com/lucys-...jor-expansion/

Pigéon Catering & Events Moves into New Headquarters in Old Jefferson

JEFFERSON, La. — Pigéon Catering & Events has unveiled its new headquarters at 803 Jefferson Highway in Old Jefferson. A roughly $6 million renovation has transformed a 55,000-square-foot former vodka distillery into the company’s new hub, which will house Pigéon Catering, Carnival Culinary Solutions and the new Le Provisions gourmet market.

https://www.bizneworleans.com/pigeon...old-jefferson/

Café Justine to Debut Oct. 21

https://www.bizneworleans.com/cafe-j...-debut-oct-21/

Old Posted Oct 18, 2023, 6:58 PM
-

Emeril's Brasserie and Emeril's Petite Brasserie

Old Posted Oct 18, 2023, 7:04 PM
-

Port Orleans Brewing to Expand in Gretna

New Orleans-based craft brewery Port Orleans Brewing is planning a major expansion with a second facility in Gretna.

Port Orleans Brewpub will be the centerpiece of a new “lifestyle development” planned for old Gretna, close to the Mississippi River, a complex that city and parish officials tout as a potential new hub of activity for the area.

“We’re bringing something big to Gretna,” said Don Noel, president and managing partner of Port Orleans Brewing.

The development is slated for what is now a surface parking lot at the corner of Huey P. Long Avenue and 2nd Street, between Gretna City Hall and the Second Parish Court building.

New Orleans firm Trapolin-Peer Architects is designing the project, and Landis Construction has been selected for the work. Construction is slated to begin early in 2024, with completion projected for mid-2025.

https://landisllc.com/news/press?vie...d=205&catid=14

ITB - MYH Fishing Pier
MYH Fishing Pier

Non-Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference: Oct 25, 2023 at 1:00 PM

A non-mandatory pre-bid conference will be held on 10/25/2023 at 1:00 pm in Purchasing Conference Room 4W05, 4th Floor, City Hall and via WebEx using the link below: https://nola.webex.com/weblink/regis...953e65c1011af9

Description
French Market Corporation - Building E Renovations

Last edited by tennis1400; Oct 19, 2023 at 4:26 PM.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2023, 4:51 PM
-

301 Canal St·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:TWPZB4
View Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Kevin McKenna
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
10/13/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Tenant Fit Out for a Retail Store (Bottega Venetta) within the Saks Fifth Avenue location at Canal Place Shopping Center. Scope includes new finishes, millwork and relocation of electrical per new layout

djsnola
1723 Henriette Delille St·New Construction · Ref Code:ZBBFC8
View Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Alexander Adamick
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
10/18/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
New construction of a 11-room hotel (R-1 Occupancy) with an attached bar, courtyard, and pool area. accessory structure on site to be submitted on a separate permit. scope of work includes new foundation, framing, interiors & exterior finishes as required. new mechanical, electrical, and plumbing throughout.

Restaurant R'evolution reopens with one chef out, and the past very much present

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...bae27b28e.html

Old Posted Oct 20, 2023, 12:01 PM
-

Entergy New Orleans to Get $55M from Feds for Grid Improvements

https://www.entergynewsroom.com/news...rtment-energy/

Commander’s Palace Unveils New Patio Room

https://www.bizneworleans.com/comman...ew-patio-room/

GNOF Announces Winners of the $1.2M ‘Next 100 Years Challenge’

Rendering of a Greenway Flow stormwater management concept courtesy of Friends of Lafitte Greenway

https://www.bizneworleans.com/gnof-a...ars-challenge/

Ochsner, Team Gleason Partner for ALS Patients

https://www.bizneworleans.com/ochsne...-als-patients/

Last edited by tennis1400; Oct 20, 2023 at 2:16 PM.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2023, 9:00 PM

It's often easy to feel that things are looking down down here (though this forum always does a great job of always staying positive and celebrating new developments). Here is an article that a friend of mine wrote, which also appeared in the most recent Preservation in Print. We got alot of good things going for us!!

https://www.bizneworleans.com/opinio...s-not-falling/

Old Posted Oct 20, 2023, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boryenka View Post
It's often easy to feel that things are looking down down here (though this forum always does a great job of always staying positive and celebrating new developments). Here is an article that a friend of mine wrote, which also appeared in the most recent Preservation in Print. We got alot of good things going for us!!

https://www.bizneworleans.com/opinio...s-not-falling/
Wow great article. New Orleans looks like it’s finally ready to make up for years of lost time and ready to finally realize it’s full potential. While it’s still a long road ahead, there are a lot projects underway with many more in the pipeline. Hoping one day people see New Orleans on the same level economically as Houston, Atlanta, Charlotte and other major southern cities.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2023, 12:26 PM
-

36-21715 Alcohol: Class A - Restaurant Beer and Liquor NONNOS CAJUN CUISINE AND PASTRIES LLC NONNOS CAJUN CUISINE AND PASTERIES
2517 BAYOU RD
NEW ORLEANS LA 70119-2302 Active Oct 17, 2023

djsnola
52-21792 Alcohol: Class A - Restaurant Beer and Wine CROISSANT LLC CROISSANT
1301 N CAUSEWAY BLVD
MANDEVILLE LA 70471-3233 Temporary Oct 19, 2023

djsnola
Project Number 47054
Project
730 St. Peter St.
New Orleans, LA 70116
Part 1:
Received:
10/12/2023

Part 2:
Received:
Fee Received:
10/12/2023

Part 3:
Received:
Fee Received:

Old Posted Oct 27, 2023, 12:03 AM

Old Posted Oct 27, 2023, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDot View Post
Isn't part of the Bayou Phoenix deal that Eastover (where Troy Henry lives) will be rehabbed? This seems like such a sweetheart deal. Like obscenely so.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2023, 11:16 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
Isn't part of the Bayou Phoenix deal that Eastover (where Troy Henry lives) will be rehabbed? This seems like such a sweetheart deal. Like obscenely so.
Eastoveris private property, no? Anything happening with that property is a positive and better than it just sitting there and rotting, People arent exactly knocking down the doors to be in NOLA east right now so risks need to be taken to create some momentum out there.

Also, am I the only one having issues accessing the forums recently?

Old Posted Oct 27, 2023, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post

I also am having problems getting into the forum at certain hours. It seems like it's usually later in the evening.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2023, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Eastoveris private property, no? Anything happening with that property is a positive and better than it just sitting there and rotting, People arent exactly knocking down the doors to be in NOLA east right now so risks need to be taken to create some momentum out there.

I agree. I just completed my Ph.D. in Urban Studies at UNO. My dissertation was a history -- 295 pages -- of New Orleans East, and I am painfully meticulous in my archival research to get the narrative correct. The East has so much untapped potential that people do not realize, mainly in part because of the overexaggerated negative perceptions (that often don't match empirical reality) of the area. The East could/should be thriving. It needs to be nurtured. Eastover has an incredible opportunity to reclaim its status -- and subsequently, grow, expand, and redevelop --as a high-end gated community, particularly for the city's Black middle class/professional class. I'm really rooting for this project. That being said, in my dissertation, I focus a lot more on the former Plaza site and I-10, which I argue is key to revitalizing the East. The East has been and continues to be the city's final frontier.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2023, 1:03 PM

I’m just glad the Charity project hasn’t been abandoned and now we have a clear explanation of why there’s been no activity for months. Domain Companies did a spectacular job with the South Market District- so I’m excited to see how they can transform Charity.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations