HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One57 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 14, 2010, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
It's a shame that this tower wasn't around to help the Tower Verre's cause. Even a rendering would have sufficed. Even though that one was approved at 1,050 ft, I can't help but feel we got robbed somehow.
If anything, laying low on this one was a smart choice, or else community board 5 would've launched another whine fest Tower Verre-style.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2010, 1:40 AM
Brooklyn, New York

so, when are these renderings coming out?

Old Posted Feb 15, 2010, 2:13 AM
Charismatic Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmack View Post
so, when are these renderings coming out?
When they come out. Please read the thread before asking questions that have been answered a thousand times.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2010, 2:18 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecom View Post
If anything, laying low on this one was a smart choice, or else community board 5 would've launched another whine fest Tower Verre-style.
Except that there's no approval process to wade through here. Let the NIMBYs whine about this one, their argument against the Tower Verre would have been weaker.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2010, 8:21 PM
Brooklyn, New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffstuff129 View Post
When they come out. Please read the thread before asking questions that have been answered a thousand times.
I have read this thread and that is exactly why I am wondering when the renderings are coming out since around now is when comments suggested the renderings would come out.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2010, 4:11 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmack View Post
I have read this thread and that is exactly why I am wondering when the renderings are coming out since around now is when comments suggested the renderings would come out.
NO one said any renderings would be coming out now. It's been a few months since the developer said plans were "finalized'". There was an article that mentioned an upcoming "reveal" (back then), but didn't amount to anything.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 1:53 AM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

Looks like a lot of...something in the hole.

From Noyoka on WNY

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 2:11 AM
New Yorker for life

^ LOL, yeah. A lotta of what is what's been on everyone's mind.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 2:52 AM

Renderings wont be out until this building is above grade, same philosophy as Bruce Ratner and FC with regards to Beekman.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 4:41 AM
JoeCooper

So is that officially the core that we are seeing in the last picture? If so this one really is really being kept under the radar! Even more so than Beekman...

Old Posted Feb 26, 2010, 6:37 AM
New Yorker for life

Went by the site again today, and from what I saw through the snow, I don't think it's the core, but there's something above street level behind that wall. Couldn't make out what it was.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2010, 7:48 PM
Twin Towers Guy / NYC

We Will Keep Our Fingers Crossed !!!!!!!!!!

Old Posted Feb 28, 2010, 1:52 AM
New Yorker for life

Probably a few days or weeks old...(the area in question not visible from this angle)

jeffreykreger

Old Posted Feb 28, 2010, 11:10 AM
Editor

Wow, the construction site is looks small. And the sourrounding buildings are not far away from this tower, when it will be complete.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2010, 11:20 AM

i believe the site widens on the side of the site not visible in those pictures (back left). someone correct me if i'm wrong

Old Posted Feb 28, 2010, 1:44 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaalkaline View Post
i believe the site widens on the side of the site not visible in those pictures (back left). someone correct me if i'm wrong
That's correct. That view is from the 58th Street side, while most of the site is on the 57th Street side.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2010, 9:03 PM
TL;DR

These odd through-block sites always lead to interesting results with the choke point in the middle there.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2010, 12:07 AM
Brooklyn, New York

Man, I want this project to be built more than anything in New York, besides the WTC of course. Very excited for this.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2010, 4:50 PM
New Yorker for life

http://curbed.com/archives/2010/03/0...wn_mystery.php

The Plot Deepens on Extell's 73-Story Midtown Mystery

Setting the footings below West 58th Street.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010, by Pete

Quote:
Can a 73-story Manhattan skyscraper "quietly" begin construction? It's happening at 157 West 57th Street, where—despite a world-renowned architect and a cash injection from Abu Dhabi—the colossal condo/Park Hyatt hotel from developer Gary Barnett's Extell continues to confound.

As seen in sleuthy shots from the site, the foundation is nearly complete. The pit itself has been dug so deep that workers toiling away at the bottom look absolutely Lilliputian. Masses of rebar can be seen poking out this way and that. But renderings remain in hiding, reportedly in the office of French starchitect Christian de Portzamparc. (A thorough scan of the Atelier CdP website yields nothing new.) How long can the Extell gang keep this Midtown monster a mystery? Based on the hubbub surrounding fellow Frenchman Jean Nouvel's slightly taller Tower Verre, we're guessing Extell is happy this one is flying under the radar.

Gotta be strong to support 1,000 feet of tower

Old Posted Mar 2, 2010, 5:43 PM

Hey Guy's we need to form a team to sneak into the office of French starchitect Christian de Portzamparc for the renderings. Lol j/p
but seriously why is it such a big secret to show how the tower will actually look.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive