HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Apr 20, 2022, 9:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
I really liked the Deli, I guess I was one of the few, good atmosphere, good food. I was disappointed when it closed.
I agree. Hopefully, it will be a similar concept.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 8:08 PM

Quote:
I really liked the Deli, I guess I was one of the few, good atmosphere, good food. I was disappointed when it closed.
Same here, they had a decent $3 lager on draft and made strong/inexpensive Old Fashions. If the wait was long at Cornish, this was a good alternative for
food as well. Was a shame to see it shutter.

Old Posted May 3, 2022, 2:24 AM
Skyriser

Bliss Rebar closes May 22nd as they have not been offered a new lease. Kinda bums me out as that’s a relatively old time place for downtown.

Old Posted May 3, 2022, 11:58 AM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
Bliss Rebar closes May 22nd as they have not been offered a new lease. Kinda bums me out as that’s a relatively old time place for downtown.
I never found the food particularly appealing, but on any weekend, I could pass by and see the place packed. It will be missed by many, even it not by me. Still, it's had a good run of at least a decade. That's pretty good for a restaurant, and I hope someone else will put the space to good use.

Old Posted May 3, 2022, 2:38 PM

Quote:
Bummer!

Old Posted May 3, 2022, 8:26 PM
Skyriser

I loved it when it opened and could often be found there but when I visited last even some years ago it felt like a victim of its own success. Didn't like the vibe and the drinks were very expensive for what they poured.

Old Posted May 7, 2022, 6:21 PM

Quote:
They seemed very successful with a loyal group of patrons.

This seems like the perfect business to try to relocate into the vacant Hooters space in AZ Center. They can keep their regulars with the nearby location, get better drive-by visibility with the ability to offer theater goers, convention goers, and others staying in downtown hotels with better food options than the newly opened Huss and more reasonably priced options than the newly opened Caracara inside the Sheraton.

Old Posted May 7, 2022, 7:33 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Peace View Post
They seemed very successful with a loyal group of patrons.

This seems like the perfect business to try to relocate into the vacant Hooters space in AZ Center. They can keep their regulars with the nearby location, get better drive-by visibility with the ability to offer theater goers, convention goers, and others staying in downtown hotels with better food options than the newly opened Huss and more reasonably priced options than the newly opened Caracara inside the Sheraton.
Huss had a good menu during its grand opening but had to streamline it because their kitchen wasn't fully staffed and they were getting backed up. I hope they are able to bring back the full menu soon.

In terms of the Arizona Center serving as new home for Bliss, I think your idea makes a great deal of sense, but I doubt the rent is any better there than what Bliss' current landlord wanted.

Old Posted May 31, 2022, 4:13 PM

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/rest...mutzoMHCPKIHvk

Slow news week, the old Monroe’s space will become Rose Garden, the same talent behind 36 Below (UnderTow for those who remember).

Old Posted May 31, 2022, 4:35 PM

I just thought I had to report this. I had an uber driver who just moved from... Gary Indiana. And he loudly and incessantly informed me and my buddy that he was very unhappy with the food scene in Arizona (LMAO he should have been here 10 years ago)

However an important side note is that he lives in.... Maricopa .....

We could have given him some recommendations but considering his attitude we thought it best he stay miserable.

Old Posted May 31, 2022, 4:44 PM

Quote:
I just thought I had to report this. I had an uber driver who just moved from... Gary Indiana. And he loudly and incessantly informed me and my buddy that he was very unhappy with the food scene in Arizona (LMAO he should have been here 10 years ago)

We could have given him some recommendations but considering his attitude we thought it best he stay miserable.
He lives in Maricopa,lol. Enough said. I’m sure Gary has places that have been there for years compared to a new city with nothing but chains.

Old Posted May 31, 2022, 5:05 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:

While Gary may have a few good restaurants, the idea that someone from there would be condescending about dining in Phoenix is laughable. I'm more used to that type of smugness from transplanted San Franciscans.

Old Posted May 31, 2022, 11:27 PM

Looks like Golden Margarita finally gave in. “For Lease” signs plastered all over the corner space.

Old Posted May 31, 2022, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Looks like Golden Margarita finally gave in. “For Lease” signs plastered all over the corner space.

Good Golden margarita is not a good presence on Roosevelt its a trashy club and doesn't fit the area at all.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2022, 5:52 PM

Seattle's Caffe Vita Brings Coffee and Music to McDowell Road

Coffee shop going into the other portion of the old Easley's Fun Shop building (next to Rose's by the Stairs)

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/rest...oenix-13747542

Old Posted Jun 6, 2022, 8:28 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Coffee shop going into the other portion of the old Easley's Fun Shop building (next to Rose's by the Stairs)

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/rest...oenix-13747542
I remember three decades ago getting excited when Starbucks, which was then viewed as something unique special, first came to Phoenix. Now, it seems like they're everywhere like weeds. It will be interesting to see what happens with this Seattle coffee chain.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2022, 4:51 PM

next door to Kettle Black

What's being built out next to Kettle Black?

MotoMoto just opened in the old Nook space. It looks good, but can't stomach $8-9 16oz draft beers....

Old Posted Jun 7, 2022, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativePHX View Post

MotoMoto just opened in the old Nook space. It looks good, but can't stomach $8-9 16oz draft beers....
Welcome to the future

Old Posted Jun 8, 2022, 7:26 AM

Quote:
Welcome to the future
They had a joke in 40 Year Old Virgin in 2005 saying, it’s busy in here, well, it’s $9 beer night. That was an exaggeration back then but 8, or 9 bucks is definitely not out of the ordinary now especially considering how bad inflation is getting.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2022, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativePHX View Post

This....
https://www.thedesmondaz.com/about

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest