HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Oct 21, 2020, 11:58 PM

The Interlock

Old Posted Oct 22, 2020, 1:13 PM

What an insane neighborhood transformation. Hopefully the infrastructure will catch up now to help make this more of a walkable/bikable area. There are easy fixes that would really help, as simple as ADA compliant crosswalks and some street trees.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2020, 4:15 PM

The top of star metals office being asymmetrical/off to one side is killing me inside everything is center aligned until the top few floors, then all of a sudden right (North) aligned. Bugs me out

Old Posted Oct 23, 2020, 3:34 AM

delete

Old Posted Oct 23, 2020, 6:17 PM

Does anyone know what aspect of the interlock the steel building is next to chick-fil-a?

Old Posted Oct 23, 2020, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizkit View Post
Does anyone know what aspect of the interlock the steel building is next to chick-fil-a?
It's part of the Atlanta Mission Campus around this area. This will be a low-barrier shelter allowing them to better serve the community.

Quote:
Q: What is a low-barrier shelter?

Traditional shelters can only be accessed if individuals meet restrictive sobriety regulations, medication compliance, identification, and strict admissions processes.
Low-barrier shelters accept all clients as long as they are not a risk to themselves or others.

https://atlantamission.org/atlanta-day-shelter/

Old Posted Oct 23, 2020, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
It's part of the Atlanta Mission Campus around this area. This will be a low-barrier shelter allowing them to better serve the community.

https://atlantamission.org/atlanta-day-shelter/
I hope this isnt taken the wrong way, but they could have sold this land for a pretty penny and built a bigger shelter where land is much cheaper.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2020, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlHawks View Post
I hope this isnt taken the wrong way, but they could have sold this land for a pretty penny and built a bigger shelter where land is much cheaper.
Actually that's not too easy. It's very, very hard to get zoning for this sort of use unless it's an expansion of an existing facility. Plus, this location is in walking distance to services the users need.

"Atlanta - it's getting there."

Old Posted Nov 2, 2020, 4:15 PM

Resident Home joins the lineup at The Interlock

Quote:
The 1,590-square-foot store will include curated products from loved brands like Nectar, DreamCloud, Awara and Bundle and offer an array of home furnishing products, such as bedding, mattresses, furniture, area rugs, home décor and other accessories.

The Waffle Experience coming to the Works next summer

Sushi, ramen, banh mi restaurants planned for Chattahoochee Food Works

Quote:
The soon-to-open food hall that is part of a massive mixed-use development in Atlanta's "Upper Westside" is adding three Asian restaurant stalls.

Banh Mi Station, Flying Fish Sushi & Robata Grill, and Sakura Ramen Bar are planned for Chattahoochee Food Works, according to business license and building permit applications filed with the city of Atlanta. Chattahoochee Food Works is the dining centerpiece of The Works, an 80-acre adaptive-reuse project being developed by Atlanta real estate firm Selig Enterprises Inc.
The Works at Chattahoochee

Old Posted Nov 2, 2020, 5:09 PM

The lineup at the works is pretty compelling. Even if people who typically don’t drink Scofflaw after the antics a while back, I can see people going here in droves. The area really needs to build out a trail network on the nearby railroad spurs to tie back to the BeltLine, Reservoir Park, and increase walkability.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2020, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
The lineup at the works is pretty compelling. Even if people who typically don’t drink Scofflaw after the antics a while back, I can see people going here in droves. The area really needs to build out a trail network on the nearby railroad spurs to tie back to the BeltLine, Reservoir Park, and increase walkability.
Am I crazy but I think this would be pretty simple. You can just expand the sidewalk and make it a 'trail' that runs along Ellsworth on the Top Golf/Bacchanalia side. It would connect The Works and the future Beltline segment that passes through there.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2020, 7:35 PM

Agreed. The area needs to be as proactive to incorporate interconnectivity between these new developments, existing and future neighborhood parks, beltline and silver comet connections.

Maybe even add in connector trails, hell even just expanded sidewalks like atlHawks is saying, to ABC, Second Self, Scofflaws main location etc. and one could hit about 8 breweries within a 1.5 mile radius on bike or foot.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2020, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlHawks View Post
Am I crazy but I think this would be pretty simple. You can just expand the sidewalk and make it a 'trail' that runs along Ellsworth on the Top Golf/Bacchanalia side. It would connect The Works and the future Beltline segment that passes through there.
You’re not wrong about Ellsworth- as current sidewalk switches back and forth. Would miss the other warehouses and shops to the west and I like the railroad spurs to build out the trail network in addition to the sidewalks. Lots of heavy freight traffic I prefer to avoid when walking in the area and nearby streets are a mess for walking (chattahoochee & marietta Blvd, especially).

Add in sidewalks aren’t trails, even if we make them 12’ wide and put a PATH sign on them. IMO sidewalks are the bare minimum of what we should have and I personally want CoA to plan for both.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2020, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
You’re not wrong about Ellsworth- as current sidewalk switches back and forth. Would miss the other warehouses and shops to the west and I like the railroad spurs to build out the trail network in addition to the sidewalks. Lots of heavy freight traffic I prefer to avoid when walking in the area and nearby streets are a mess for walking (chattahoochee & marietta Blvd, especially).

Add in sidewalks aren’t trails, even if we make them 12’ wide and put a PATH sign on them. IMO sidewalks are the bare minimum of what we should have and I personally want CoA to plan for both.
I agree! Abandoned infrastructural right of ways make some of the most interesting opportunities for trails. I'd add waterway easements if/when the property owners allow it.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2020, 1:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3yonce View Post
I agree! Abandoned infrastructural right of ways make some of the most interesting opportunities for trails. I'd add waterway easements if/when the property owners allow it.
100%. Atlanta City Design’ nature update often incorporates both!

Old Posted Nov 14, 2020, 7:20 PM

Old Posted Nov 14, 2020, 8:15 PM

Oh whoah I didn’t realize they had a new traffic signal coming in on 14th

Old Posted Nov 17, 2020, 11:54 PM

The Return of Novare Group

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...apartment.html

Quote:
Atlanta’s Novare Group, well-known for its urban residential skyscraper towers, now has its sights on a large, undeveloped piece of land in the city’s Westside where it plans to build nearly 300 garden-style apartment units.

The real estate development company in recent years assembled nearly 26 acres of mostly wooded land surrounding 1315 Northwest Drive for less than $2 million, according to Fulton property records. Located a few miles inside Interstate 285 in the Monroe Heights neighborhood, the multifamily project would include 286 units in eight buildings standing two to four stories tall. There would be a resort pool, clubhouse, community park and access to Proctor Creek. The property is also just north of Donald Lee Hollowell Parkway, a major thoroughfare that leads directly into the booming Westside district and downtown Atlanta.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Nov 18, 2020 at 12:26 AM.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2020, 12:40 PM

The problem isn't what you call lack of connectivity. Connectivity will happen without expensive, unworkable, elitist driven fake idealistic models. Predator developers being allowed to build future massive slum tenements is the problem. How can it be possible to permit, encourage, even subsidize such massive hives where wage slaves pay confiscatory rents until their lives are burned out and wasted and they have nothing and forced to be homeless or warehoused? The government can't provide for such massive and growing amounts of current and future homeless with no alternatives. They are setting up failure to reap profits. It's a vicious cycle. Having no alternatives results in bad lifestyle choices. These cheap, value engineered matchbox structures become slums of homeless and can easily be burned down by arsonists on the slightest provocation. Let's have sustainable development on a human scale that works. Help people not destroy them. The elitist classes, whether they realize it or not want to destroy lives, humanity. Please give people realistic possibilities that work. Don't warehouse people but instead permit micro communities of self sufficiency. Grant small dispersed land parcels to homeless communes on the westside, northside, all sides of the city. Relax codes and allow a chance to grow and prosper. People power, the opposite of corrupt power.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2020, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Is it me, or do these developments look somewhat disjointed and disconnected? Looks like another missed opportunity to create walkable grids...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta