HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Dec 14, 2004, 4:17 AM
JACKinBeantown

I got those numbers from this website.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2004, 4:36 AM
Posh

Not bad!

Old Posted Dec 14, 2004, 5:24 PM

I need to resize it again later, anyone feel free to do it.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2004, 6:27 AM
JACKinBeantown

I think that rendering is a little out of scale. It makes it look 650-700 feet tall next to the old Marriott.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2004, 6:41 PM
Cityslicker

At least this would give some height for SA.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2004, 11:00 PM
JACKinBeantown

I'll be in SA Monday night. Too bad this thing won't be built by then.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2004, 10:32 PM
Meh

That's not a 500 footer, that's a 600 footer. It looks to be nearly twice the height of the Marriott Riverwalk, which I've heard is 325 feet and does have 30 floors. And you know, if they build it there, it actually won't block the views that badly from the tower since it's so slender. Hopefully the Tower Life Building won't be blocked from view though, that's my favorite San Antonio building.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2004, 12:36 AM
JACKinBeantown

I'm just assuming that rendering is out of scale, Kevin. I've seen that happen many times in New York.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2004, 8:43 PM

Maybe the Marriott should be scaled a little larger.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2004, 2:29 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas
That's not a 500 footer, that's a 600 footer. It looks to be nearly twice the height of the Marriott Riverwalk, which I've heard is 325 feet and does have 30 floors. And you know, if they build it there, it actually won't block the views that badly from the tower since it's so slender. Hopefully the Tower Life Building won't be blocked from view though, that's my favorite San Antonio building.
I thought the Marriott Riverwalk is great deal taller then 325 feet.

-sb

Old Posted Dec 19, 2004, 11:57 PM

Saytownboy do you have that pic that shows how it will look on the overall skyline?

Old Posted Dec 20, 2004, 9:15 AM

A view looking away from the city core.The Tower of Americas is 622 feet to the observation level, to the roof a little more and to the antannae 750 feet. I think the new hotel will be almost as tall as the Tower Life to the top of it's antannae which is 550 feet.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2004, 9:18 AM

It makes the Tower life look small, maybe cause it's not directly next to it. I guess the scale is right., maybe just off a tad.I think the slendor design is to maintain the view of the city core.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2004, 9:29 AM

Here is the revived runner up design which is the former winner of the killed project.I still kinda like the new one,especially if it is illuminated by vibrant neon colors.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2004, 5:46 PM
The Space Pope

Anyone know when they are going to start construction on this thing? I heard that the year of completion will be 2008.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2004, 6:23 PM

It was on the news last night.We should find out today.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2004, 9:19 PM
BANNED

Construction is set to start sometime this spring (MARCH '05) with a completion date sometime in 2008.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2004, 4:46 PM
The Space Pope

There was a graphic in yesterday's Express-News. The roof of the Hotel will be the same height as the bottom of the Tower restaurant level (or observation deck, I forget what the lowest level is). The building doesn't look too bad when viewed from the North or South. The article also stated that the public will be invited to participate when the Faulkner design is submitted to the city's Historic and Design Review Commission. So if the design is too offending to the eye or if it doesn't compliment the historic areas it will be amended.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2004, 11:22 PM
SR United Balla

We need to find someone to do a diagram for the database.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2004, 6:22 AM
JACKinBeantown

The restaurant level is at 579 feet. I was in SA over Christmas and I saw in the Express the figure of 458 feet for this hotel. So many numbers are being thrown around that I don't really believe any of them until there is an official announcement regarding the height of the final approved design.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive