HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 26, 2006, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avcellvs
Offical announcement on the Shanghai Goverment web :
The 21th Century Mansion construction will resume, completion date : 2008.
Architects : Murphy / Jahn, 200 meters high, 48 floors.

Here are Three different renderings :

This one has been dormant forever.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2006, 2:31 PM
be nice to the crackheads

I'm not sure what these sites will host. Anyone know? Renderings would be great.

This plot is right beside the Shanghai Stock Exchange in Lujiazui. Of course there are no renderings to be found anywhere near the site.

This site is huge. It looks like they are prepping the top portion of the lot. It's also in Lujiazui, kitty corner to the Oriental Pearl Tower. Again, any ideas of what's going up?

Old Posted Mar 21, 2006, 8:41 PM

Hi, giallo.

This map will help you (thanks, avcellvs)

So...

^^ This plot is Lijuazui Itochu Building, 123m. The render is too old though. I hope the final design is more beautiful...

^^ Hey, this is great. Shanghai International Finance Center is u/c already!

That plot is 21st Century Mansion. I think that the final desing was changed to this:

Finally, there is the plot where this beauty is going to be built. Works may start soon, keep watching at that plot...

I have some questions too...

1- There is supposed to be approved a Skyland Mansion phase 2 in the plot next to the three first towers. I wonder how many other towers are going to be built. When, how tall and how many floors.

2- In this image, we can see renders of two beautiful towers supposed to be approved: Fortune World (X3-1) and another one in X3-2, whose name is something like Shanghai Union Bank, not sure. But does anybody know what is it going to be built in X3-3 plot (the one between both others)?

3- There are many plots getting ready behind and around Grand Meliá Hotel. Somebody should provide more info about all those projects (I would myself if I knew). Same question about all that amount of land in North Bund Area. There must be many approved projects nobody has writen about here.

4-Third Lujiazui Supertall. The plot currently occupied by a cricket? yard. When are they going to publish the final design of that tower? What's going on with that plot? I have read that the tower will be 300-360m, no more, no less. Sad, Shanghai deserves a 888m tall supertower. Bābābā Tower! Good Luck tower! Keep dreaming

Old Posted Mar 22, 2006, 12:35 AM
..ReSpEcT..

Quote:
DIANA AGREST AND MARIO GANDELSONAS MASTER PLAN FOR THE XUJIAHUI AREA

From : http://www.ag-architects.com/urban/xjh-master.htm (originally posted by zOrg of the SSC forum)

Xujiahui is at a point halfway between an old city and a new city. It is made up of a patchwork of separate and distinct areas, such as a cluster of historical buildings, the Shanghai Sports City, the Design and Decoration Center, the Universities, the Medical Centers, and the Shopping around Xujiahui Square. This patchwork is further characterized by the lack of balance between the rapid growth and the quality of urban spaces. The future Xujiahui should hellp establish a new balance that would maintain certain existing elements and variety offered by the patchwork, while new elements would be created and overlapped to produce a new dynamic development.

While there is great potential, we also recognize that some problems have developed as a by-product of the great speed at which Xujiahui has developed. With the high densities produced by the development of the district in the last 10 years and the increased use of cars, traffic has become a serious problem for the fluid-functioning of the district. Traffic congestion, overlap of conflicting traffic functions, and parking problems are some symptoms. However, we consider that one of the major problems in Xujiahui is not traffic but the general lack in both the quantity and quality of pedestrian and public spaces.

Our project envisions Xujiahui as a green cultural district where museums, new public spaces, entertainment centers, cultural institutions, and hotels are organized as a network. Our Vision, based on some of the wonderful qualities of the district and on the city’s tradition and past, guides our plan as the road that should lead to its future. The various types of green will not only beautify the city and create pedestrian friendly spaces, they will also serve to bring sustainability to the city. Our project transforms the district into an International Urban Center, where the present centralized retail activities will be balanced and enriched by a cultural network of institutions and places as well as by a new Business Center.

XUJIAHUI SQUARE

The Xujiahui Square is the most prominent space in the Xujiahui area, and as such, it embodies the identity of the district. It needs to become a symbolic space rich in character and activity. At present, both cars and pedestrians are plagued by a poor circulation system: heavy traffic congestion is accompanied by a set of complicated pedestrian links between the five corners that frame the intersection. This new Xujiahui Square will be framed on the northeast side by a semi-elliptical water basin with a fountain pedestrian bridge which crosses over Zhaojiabang Road, and on the northwest side by a large fountain shooting up to 40 meters into the air. The space around the fountain and underneath the bridge will have outdoor cafes where people can gather and rest.

XUJIAHUI NEW BUSINESS CENTER

The proposed New Business Center will be located to the west of the Xujiahui City Center. One of the main concepts for this plan is to breakdown the scale of the super blocks by overlapping a grid sized to accommodate the footprint of a large tower. Our plan also allows for smaller footprints to create a scale more related to the pedestrian. This provides space for green areas of different sizes to punctuate the plan. Larger gardens surrounded with shops and restaurants can also provide a focus to the office area. We propose multiple building scales and programs (both commercial and apartment hotels) in order to create a 7 day/24 hour district. Finally, we propose the development of a major skyscraper.

SHANGHAI SPORTS CITY

The Shanghai Sports City can become a citywide sports area serving residents throughout Shanghai. Our plan proposes a new major park that includes public and private facilities. The basic concept is to replace the present landscape that is mostly paving with a new green topography. This new topography is created by an undulating landscape of low hills, under which are placed a variety of sports and commercial activities, surrounding the existing main stadiums and gymnasiums. A 70 meter x 650 meter linear strip framing the north-east side of the park lies under a blanket of green and will include several private facilities that will offer an array of sports activities.

XUJIAHUI FILM CITY

The Film City is defined by programs related to a variety of film related activities: A School of Film or Film Production companies and their related businesses including a Cinematheque, a Film Museum, and a Film Center. This building consists of a glass envelope that encloses a group of old existing film studios, the new Museum of Film and a number of other related functions. It’s glass-clad envelope will also provide a large interior public space. It is framed by two towers forming an urban gate along Caoxi Road. These two towers are framed by a wall of lower residential and office buildings. Linked by several bridges across the road, they will contain a new luxury hotel, with conference facilities, a gymnasium, restaurants and cafes.
This is awesome. I used to live around there.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2006, 5:06 AM

Thanks, Shanghai Fan.

I hope the Itochu buildings looks better than the rendering. Blech!

So that IS the SIFC site. I was wondering if it was or not, because I was sure that the construction of these towers would be bigger news. I'm cautiously optimistic about it. They may just be laying the foundation now to commence construction on a later date. I'll be one happy fella if a see a crane there before summer's end.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2006, 6:41 AM

Well, in the pic that you posted it looks that they are cleaning the space to start the southern twin. Works may start in a couple of weeks. Let's hope so. And let's hope they get the initial heights back too!

Old Posted Mar 23, 2006, 8:11 AM

They're finishing up the crown on Donghai Plaza.

Mar 23

Old Posted Mar 23, 2006, 8:11 AM
Crisp and Squishy

Donghai Plaza as of March 23:

Old Posted Mar 31, 2006, 5:57 AM

Re:

Hi everybody,

I read in 2004 in a local dutch newspaper that a man, called Karel Aalbers, was involved in a mega-project in Shanghai: Future Dome.

It's now 2 years later and I haven't read or can find anything about the project (which had to be finished in 2010 for the world expo).

Does anybody know if the building will be build or is there a website with the latest info that it will be build? Or is the project cancelled?

Old Posted Mar 31, 2006, 11:59 AM

XUJIAHUI NEW BUSINESS CENTER is very futuristic. I'm impressed.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2006, 3:45 PM

Apr 3

Donghai is crawling along

Old Posted Apr 14, 2006, 9:33 AM

WaiTanYuan Redevelopment

First time I get to see this project that includes a quite high tower. This building would reequilibrate the Bund skyline which is a bit empty at the north (as seen from the Lujiazui CBD).

More informations :

http://www.rockgroupdevelopment.com/shanghai/index.html

http://www.rockgroupdevelopment.com/...ghai_bund.html

Old Posted Apr 14, 2006, 11:52 PM

Cool. That area is neither here nor there, so this would help a lot.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2006, 2:16 PM

Apr 20

Update of the Itochu Building. I suspect that it'll be taller than 122m. The foundations are deep.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2006, 6:29 PM

Fudu Mansion Tower

This rendering has just been posted on the Xitek forum. I'm not sure if it is planned for the plot just next to the Global Financial Tower or to replace Sandi's Pei X3-2 tower (I hope not).

The planned height is 200m (same for the three planned buildings on this block, a bit too regular). I don't anything about the construction status.

http://image.xitek.com/forum/200604/1841/184153/184153_1145629355.jpg

(No hot linking allowed)

Last edited by avcellvs; Apr 22, 2006 at 6:23 AM.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2006, 6:39 PM

Lujiazui-itochu Building

Thanks for the shot Giallo ! This one has been on hold for ages... Now it is just about to rise. No rendering and heighth details on the plot ?

Plot B4-2 (just next to the Gran Mélia Hotel)

Signs of activities there ! The only rendering that surfaced out for this plot was a disappointing midrise glass cube (about 20 floors) years ago.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2006, 11:57 PM

To be honest I haven't checked the Itochu site in over two months. There may be a rendering at the site now. You've given me a mission, avcellvs!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2006, 12:30 AM
..ReSpEcT..

Quote:
WaiTanYuan Redevelopment

First time I get to see this project that includes a quite high tower. This building would reequilibrate the Bund skyline which is a bit empty at the north (as seen from the Lujiazui CBD).

More informations :

http://www.rockgroupdevelopment.com/shanghai/index.html

http://www.rockgroupdevelopment.com/...ghai_bund.html
THis is tight..we will see how this one gets built..

Old Posted Apr 25, 2006, 1:33 AM

I found the Itochu renderings. It's an improvement over the old one, but still nothing too special.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2006, 6:27 AM
Crisp and Squishy

BTW, I noticed recently that the enormous concrete slab with a golden chinese temple-like rooftop in the center of XuJiaHui that has been sitting without change for over a year and half at the very least is beginning to be worked on again (or so it seems). Here's a picture of the building--however the pic is a couple of months old--so it is without construction:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations