HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Nov 20, 2020, 6:31 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

405 Colorado would feel right at home in the Domain...

Old Posted Nov 29, 2020, 6:34 PM

Old Posted Dec 8, 2020, 2:30 PM

Six floors left on Domain Tower 2, brick facade starting to rise on The Bowen.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2020, 4:23 PM

CapitaLand Forms $300M US Apartment Venture

Quote:
Singapore’s CapitaLand has struck a $300 million joint venture with an Austin, Texas-based partner to expand its multifamily portfolio in the Southeast and Southwest U.S., citing the resiliency of the nation’s apartment sector. The latest move builds upon the real estate giant’s 2018 debut in the U.S. multifamily market, when CapitaLand snapped up a 16-property West Coast portfolio from Starwood Capital Group for $835 million.

To kick off the venture, CapitaLand and its partner—an undisclosed real estate investment, development and property management firm—have acquired a 4.7-acre land parcel in Austin which will be developed into a mid-rise, 341-unit apartment property slated for completion in 2023. CapitaLand holds an 80 percent stake in the project while its partner holds the remaining 20 percent.

The Austin project site is located adjacent to the upcoming McKalla Place Major League Soccer Stadium, which is under construction in the city’s North Burnet area, less than 10 miles north of downtown. Expected to open in the spring, the home of the Austin FC soccer team at the intersection of Burnet Road and Braker Lane will seat more than 20,000 people.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2020, 4:31 PM

Interesting. I wonder if this is all that recently-cleared land just south of Arena Tower on Burnet . . .

If so, it's a little underwhelming at 3 stories and maybe two apartments deep.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2020, 5:04 PM

Could also be that property on the Delta Dr loop that supposedly was in play? TCAD has it at 4.8 acres, so pretty close?

Old Posted Dec 8, 2020, 5:31 PM
Rundberg & I35

The three lots that were cleared for development on Burnet Road are owned by "27 REAL ESTATE VENTURES LLC" and total ~6.3 acres....hopefully not talking about the same project.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2020, 8:25 PM

You know we sometimes suggest that some of the downtown buildings would fit in better at the domain, I think the Bowen would fit well downtown or UT campus area, and Domain Tower 2 by virtue of the ridiculous parking garage. Slide that in next to 405 Colorado.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2020, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacek View Post
Could also be that property on the Delta Dr loop that supposedly was in play? TCAD has it at 4.8 acres, so pretty close?
I am thinking that too. Here is a link to the City of Austin Interactive Development Review Permitting and Inspection for the address of 10605 Delta Dr. This is right across the railroad from the stadium.

https://abc.austintexas.gov/public-s...ertyrsn=356457

Cheers

Old Posted Dec 8, 2020, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynmark View Post
I am thinking that too. Here is a link to the City of Austin Interactive Development Review Permitting and Inspection for the address of 10605 Delta Dr. This is right across the railroad from the stadium.

https://abc.austintexas.gov/public-s...ertyrsn=356457

Cheers
Your right. It's across the tracks.

https://www.propertyshark.com/mason/...stin-TX-78758/

Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 4:36 AM

This has to be somewhere else. 10605 Delta Dr is the address of Prose at the Domain https://www.edi-international.com/prose-at-the-domain

With how busy the road is in the rendering, I'd bet that's Burnet or Braker. Burnet is my guess.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 1:06 PM

[QUOTE

With how busy the road is in the rendering, I'd bet that's Burnet or Braker. Burnet is my guess.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that’s why thought it was part of that newly cleared Burnet tract. But as noted, the sizes of the tracts don’t match, potentially different owners, etc. And if the rendering is correct, the building comes right up to the road, next to a sidewalk ... and based on what’s already built on Burnet I think there’s a significant setback and no sidewalk that resembles the rendering.

But at the same time, there’s really nothing on Braker that could support this, either.

It’s a mystery!

Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndic View Post
This has to be somewhere else. 10605 Delta Dr is the address of Prose at the Domain https://www.edi-international.com/prose-at-the-domain

With how busy the road is in the rendering, I'd bet that's Burnet or Braker. Burnet is my guess.
I'm not sure how much stock you can put in the road mock up. They're showing it as 4 lanes, while Braker is 6 (plus medians) and Burnet is at least 5.

Sure, it could be Burnet changed to make it look less noisy/dangerous. Just as well could be Delta mocked up to look more "Urban".

Though the unit count may point to it not being the later, unless it's changed from the document posted by lynmark

Who knows. The important thing is it's more density/residents to support transit and 24/7 activity. Do we have more people living in NBG than Downtown yet?

Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX2030 View Post
Your right. It's across the tracks.

https://www.propertyshark.com/mason/...stin-TX-78758/
For what its worth both links describe the property at 10605 Delta Dr, Austin, TX 78758 as:

Deed Volume\Document Number:
LOT 10E KRAMER LANE INDUSTRIAL PARK II

Legal description:
LOT 10E KRAMER LANE INDUSTRIAL PARK II

This should help:

https://abc.austintexas.gov/attachme...iOEr73t%2BHidU

Last edited by ATX2030; Dec 9, 2020 at 4:24 PM.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2020, 3:26 PM

Old Posted Dec 16, 2020, 4:47 PM

Here's an ABJ update on a project I've been wondering about, the proposed multi-family adjacent to the Lakeline Station Park and Ride. This is probably the only TOD project that I'd actually consider transit-oriented near the Red Line P&R stations. It's actually a distance and setting a normal person would reasonably decide was walkable between their home and the train stop. Contrast with the dozen or so "Lakeline Station*" apartment complexes that list the train as an amenity despite various obstacles to actually walking there.

(For the record, if I was an apartment developer I'd list the train as an amenity too, even if it was on the other side of a damn highway. It's still kind of dishonest.)

https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/n...-units-to.html

Here's a drone image from the Sabot website:
http://bit.ly/lakelinestationland

*YMMV

Last edited by atxsnail; Dec 18, 2020 at 2:45 PM.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2020, 5:32 AM

Looks like a relatively small chunk of Robinson Ranch is on the market. 192 acres, north of 45 and east of McNeil.

https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/n...developed.html

PS Starting to think we should start a thread for north suburban news, to keep it all separate from the Domain/Broadmoor chatter . . .

Old Posted Dec 18, 2020, 3:08 PM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by We vs us View Post
PS Starting to think we should start a thread for north suburban news, to keep it all separate from the Domain/Broadmoor chatter . . .
Wouldn't those just fit into the Metro thread? Or should there be a separate one for NW Austin/Cedar Park/Leander given the huge growth expected in those areas?

Old Posted Dec 18, 2020, 3:55 PM

Yeah good point. I forgot about the Metro thread.

I guess since I’m a north sider I naturally think in terms distinct suburbs or at least regions of the metro.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2020, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
Wouldn't those just fit into the Metro thread? Or should there be a separate one for NW Austin/Cedar Park/Leander given the huge growth expected in those areas?
I considered the Metro thread for my lakeline station post but decided to use this thread b/c it's technically still in the Austin city limits

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin