HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 8:22 PM

'Taxing Authority' means it's now part of Maple Hills, does it not? It's not within Dieppe's municipal boundaries.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamuptownsj View Post
'Taxing Authority' means it's now part of Maple Hills, does it not? It's not within Dieppe's municipal boundaries.
Added an image in the last post with the SNB details. It's still land owned by Dieppe. Similarly, Moncton's water supply (Turtle Creek) is outside city limits but the property is owned by the city.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2024, 8:18 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Southeast corner? There is a large multibuilding apartment complex planned for this site. The land was cleared last year to get ahead of the new tree bylaw that Dieppe instituted. So, now, excavation has begun, eh? I might have to take a swing by........

It isn't 100% for certain, but the above render may be what they have planned for this lot.
There is now a large Amico Construction banner mounted adjacent to the roundabout. More clear evidence that actual construction is imminent.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2024, 8:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
There is now a large Amico Construction banner mounted adjacent to the roundabout. More clear evidence that actual construction is imminent.
They have been working feverishly the past couple of weeks. Even full crews going at it on the weekends!

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 12:07 PM

Saw a crane go up on Melanie yesterday. Does anybody have any schematics of what they intend to do in the area off Lorette?

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 1:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkMcfurk View Post
Saw a crane go up on Melanie yesterday. Does anybody have any schematics of what they intend to do in the area off Lorette?
Given the location , I suspect another generic 4-storey apartment building.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 2:48 PM

I realize we need the housing as much as I preferred using that area for dog walking, but would be nice if they picked different building designs occasionally.

Multiple streets of the exact same house/siding/colours/ buildings with no trees or parks or landscaping makes for such a bla feeling.

Even one street over Lakeburn - has different types of housing etc on it but they are all different. Much more visually pleasant.

Developers in Dieppe always do whatever they want though.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkMcfurk View Post
I realize we need the housing as much as I preferred using that area for dog walking, but would be nice if they picked different building designs occasionally.

Multiple streets of the exact same house/siding/colours/ buildings with no trees or parks or landscaping makes for such a bla feeling.

Even one street over Lakeburn - has different types of housing etc on it but they are all different. Much more visually pleasant.

Developers in Dieppe always do whatever they want though.
What's with the total lack of trees in new NB subdivisions anyway? I'm no tree-hugger but they're often desolate. Are homeowners afraid of trees on their properties now? Even older working-class neighbourhoods are pretty tree heavy compared to new middle-class areas.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 5:36 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamuptownsj View Post
What's with the total lack of trees in new NB subdivisions anyway? I'm no tree-hugger but they're often desolate. Are homeowners afraid of trees on their properties now? Even older working-class neighbourhoods are pretty tree heavy compared to new middle-class areas.
Several large impending developments on Dieppe Blvd were completely gutted of trees last year in order to get ahead of a new civic bylaw dealing with protection of mature trees on residential lots that was enacted. The new rules are pretty restrictive, therefore developers did the logical thing by removing all trees before the legislation was enacted, thus eliminating the problem, at least in the short to medium term.

Yet another example of well meaning legislation having unintended consequences.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 12:32 PM

I noticed this morning there is a survey team doing some work putting in stakes on the street opening opposite of Aucoin on Dieppe Blvd. Also on the newly cleared lot on Melanson which seems to be another apartment building, they are also cutting what seems to be a street-wide space at the back of the lot. I'm not sure if these are related or not but it could perhaps be the beginnings of a new street (or streets) which would open up some more land at the NW corner of Dieppe Blvd and Melanson.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces