HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 14, 2018, 1:36 AM

[QUOTE=socigradstudent;8250281]Dhemecourt St. 3125; S. Lopez St. 501-503; S. Lopez St. 505; S. Lopez St. 511-513; S. Lopez St. 515-517; S. Lopez St. 520-522 $1,400,000, 2927 Conti Street Realty LLC to 700 St. Joseph Lane LLC.

This was in The New Orleans Advocate. Any idea what it could be?!?! I am REALLY hoping for mixed-use. Also, any updates on the site right next to JAX Brewery on Tulane? A few months back there were renderings of either apartments or a hotel.

Exploring different options. Properties are not contiguous. Nothing immediate. Market appears oversaturated in this area at present.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2018, 8:21 PM

Anyone know what’s going up on N. Causeway between the animal hospital and the Goodyear tire shop?

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 2:29 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
Anyone know what’s going up on N. Causeway between the animal hospital and the Goodyear tire shop?
Probably one of those large self storage facilities

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 4:01 PM
-

Drive Shack

I thought this is interesting and definitely smart but how is the city going to connect the two Howard Avenues? any thoughts

Drive Shack Seeks Additional Sales-Tax Incentive For New Complex

http://canalstreetbeat.com/drive-sha...tax-incentive/

The company has argued that this is a good way to offset development costs without dipping into the city’s revenue. The developers have also offered to split the increase 50/50 with the city, if the city agrees to link Howard Avenue to downtown, which would create a new entrance to Drive Shack.

I guess connect this little area together?

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 4:51 PM
-

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
I thought this is interesting and definitely smart but how is the city going to connect the two Howard Avenues? any thoughts

Drive Shack Seeks Additional Sales-Tax Incentive For New Complex

http://canalstreetbeat.com/drive-sha...tax-incentive/

The company has argued that this is a good way to offset development costs without dipping into the city’s revenue. The developers have also offered to split the increase 50/50 with the city, if the city agrees to link Howard Avenue to downtown, which would create a new entrance to Drive Shack.

I guess connect this little area together?

If they can get it under the I-10 EB flyover , and across those two RR track it shouldn’t be that hard. The gap is small, it’s just where the Superdome leg of Howard turns east to go under the Pontchartrain Expwy and connect to Julia.

There’s already a design contract underway to connect Howard to Loyola by running it between the main post office and UPT. Still, I think connecting the lower level of S Broad at Earhart would make more sense.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 2:04 PM
-

windows starting to go in at Canal Crossing:

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 2:41 PM

Disappointing that we won't be getting an American Trade Hotel after all. This project looks nice, though. It just won't be as "active" as the American Trade would have been.

https://realestate.nola.com/realesta...nd_trendy.html

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 4:24 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinnola View Post
Disappointing that we won't be getting an American Trade Hotel after all. This project looks nice, though. It just won't be as "active" as the American Trade would have been.

https://realestate.nola.com/realesta...nd_trendy.html
i think its neat to have one off concepts.. Atelier Ace does great projects... makes sense to make these hotels specific to the building and city! American Trade is a good hotel though looks like it too is a one off.. if anyone is ever in Panama City .. def check it out

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 5:08 PM

Tulane Reily Center--Downtown

Does anyone have any information on the supposed downtown Tulane Reily Center? Where, when, etc?

Thank you!

Also, any update on the parcel on Tulane Ave right next to where the hospital end/Jax Brewery? Was proposed as either a hotel or apartments.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 7:52 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by socigradstudent View Post
Does anyone have any information on the supposed downtown Tulane Reily Center? Where, when, etc?

Thank you!

Also, any update on the parcel on Tulane Ave right next to where the hospital end/Jax Brewery? Was proposed as either a hotel or apartments.
that was just a propsal by the owners of the property about what could go there to replace the buildings they tore down.. the property is on the market for lease and as far as I know no concrete plans at this time

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 8:07 PM
-

Quote:
no idea what your talking about here though

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 8:35 PM

News on the Publiq house redevelopment: Proposed 18-24 condos over the parking lot and a grocery store.
http://uptownmessenger.com/2018/07/p...ot/#more-69897

Quote:
“If you want to know who we’re thinking about, ride around the city of New Orleans and see who’s operating small groceries in neighborhoods,” Bradshaw said.
That would seem to rule out Trader Joe's unfortunately. I can't really think of many places that I would consider grocery stores that are also small, except maybe the FQ Rouse's. They would seem like a likely candidate. At any rate, a nice amount of density for the area.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
News on the Publiq house redevelopment: Proposed 18-24 condos over the parking lot and a grocery store.
http://uptownmessenger.com/2018/07/p...ot/#more-69897

That would seem to rule out Trader Joe's unfortunately. I can't really think of many places that I would consider grocery stores that are also small, except maybe the FQ Rouse's. They would seem like a likely candidate. At any rate, a nice amount of density for the area.
Canseco’s maybe? They have a couple small stores on Elysian Fields and Esplanade. Or Brother’s?

Old Posted Jul 20, 2018, 12:03 AM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-chop View Post
Canseco’s maybe? They have a couple small stores on Elysian Fields and Esplanade. Or Brother’s?
The Poeyfarre market by my house and their sister store Nesbits on Julia. Also Simone's market on Maple come to mind for smaller local stuff.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2018, 1:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslonaker View Post
The Poeyfarre market by my house and their sister store Nesbits on Julia. Also Simone's market on Maple come to mind for smaller local stuff.
Canseco’s just opened a beautiful store on St. Claude in Old Arabi.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2018, 7:10 AM
TL;DR

^ Don’t forget Breaux Mart and Langensteins! Robert Fresh might be able to squeeze down also.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2018, 2:01 PM
-

Movement again at the Canopy Of Peace which seemed to be a bit of standstill

Old Posted Jul 20, 2018, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
no idea what your talking about here though
I heard Tulane was opening a gym at the site of the former Walgreens at Loyola and Tulane Ave downtown.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2018, 12:58 AM
-

Quote:
I heard Tulane was opening a gym at the site of the former Walgreens at Loyola and Tulane Ave downtown.
Oh yeah i see crews in there building something ... its a block from my house

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations