HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 2, 2020, 5:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezied View Post
What's this crap logic of your's? Because Burnaby builds tall suburban towers? You remind me of a tall tower fanatic who once told me that a view of tall tower next door is better than a waterfront view or a park view. That God this person isn't on SSP, we don't need crap logic.
I don't think Vin could be any clearer - he wants Vancouver to be as liveable as the world's most liveable city - which on both the Mercer and Economist lists is Vienna.

They score higher on affordable housing infrastructure than Vancouver. This would seem to require Vancouver to have much more control over housing. "According to the municipality, 62 percent of Vienna’s citizens currently live in social housing. Here, rents are regulated and tenants’ rights are strongly protected." [source]

The other thing we'll need to do is to knock all the towers down. Here's the more liveable Vienna. (Their population density is lower than the City of Vancouver too, although that's over a larger area than the city).

[source]

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues