HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 28, 2007, 6:25 PM
I am the law!

you even got Mars

Old Posted Mar 28, 2007, 9:05 PM

Incredible job Maldive! ive been wishing for another of your renders for too long. I was wondering if youd do a future rendering of the Bloor skyline (a fairly close-up view)? I dont wanna sound like im filling out an order, just passing the idea by you.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2007, 4:53 PM

belive it or not but i noticed three condos U/C in Vaughan...

Old Posted Apr 1, 2007, 5:36 PM
I am the law!

and over a hundred with floor counts in the double digits in the 416 so what's your point?

Old Posted Apr 1, 2007, 5:40 PM

well sadly those will be thier only high rises or tall buildings.

I have noticed a lot condo projects in the suburbs are being built in very wierd locations.

There is a 15-20 story condo almost toped out in South Brampton and its being built right between an warehouse, a bank, some homes and a used cars lot.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2007, 3:58 AM

Wow, Toronto is dense in that image.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2007, 10:18 PM
gettin' rich!

Toronto has a very south american look from this angle. That wide boulvard going down the middle very remenisnce of Sao Paulo, Benos Aires or Mexico City.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 5:35 PM
gettin' rich!

There was a big annoucement today!!!!

Bazis' New 1 Bloor Destined to Become International Signature for Toronto
TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (MARKET WIRE) -- April 05, 2007 -- Editors Note: A photo for this release will be available on the CP picture wire via CCNMatthews.

When Bazis International made the strategic decision to extend its reach from Central Europe into the North American real estate market, it quickly targeted Canada and especially Toronto for its first projects, says Michael Gold, Director of Acquisitions and Finance for Bazis International, the North American arm of the giant international company.

The city has become a truly international destination for entertainment, culture and business, he says.

"We also knew that what we wanted to do was to create a signature project," he adds. "Toronto is more than ready for something so bold, so striking that it would become an instant icon, an internationally recognizable symbol of this city, reflecting its vitality and its growing global importance."

The result of Bazis' intensive research, planning and design was unveiled today: 1 Bloor, a $450-million mixed use project that incorporates 100,000 square feet of high end retail, a 120-room five-star boutique hotel and 500 ultra luxury condominiums in a tower close to 80 stories, the tallest residential/commercial building ever conceived for the city's downtown core.

"Bazis has made a name for itself in Europe and Central Asia for its bold, expansive signature projects," he says. "We intend to do this in Toronto, this magnificent city."

He cites the example of its Circular Plaza project in the Kazakhstan capital of Astana. This sweeping project encompasses 760,000 square feet of commercial office and retail space and has become headquarters for the National Ministry of Transport and Kazmunaigas, which operates vast central European natural gas fields.

In old St. Petersburg on the eastern shores of the Baltic, Bazis is creating a development of 300,000 square feet of residential space plus 50,000 square feet of retail shops in six buildings in the heart of the city centre.

All told it currently has 35 different projects under development around the world.

"I admit we were eager to create something of similar sweep and ambition in Toronto," he adds. "To do that we needed the right site. The southeast corner of Yonge and Bloor Streets perfectly fits those requirements."

As Mr. Gold points out, 1 Bloor is Canada's most recognizable and indeed, most prestigious address, the very heart of the city that is the very heart of the country.

"It is a site, which has already attracted enormous international attention," he says. "Both from national, international and regional retailers and from individuals and corporations looking for a pied-a-terre or home at Toronto's most celebrated address."

The three levels of retail will be in a podium, which will occupy the entire site, from Bloor south to Hayden Street and running east to existing office buildings. Each floor will be 20 feet in height. Bazis expects 1 Bloor to be the same sort of catalyst as the rejuvenation of Times Square in New York, a showplace for top-brand retailers.

On the upper level of the podium will be a signature restaurant and lounge overlooking the Bloor and Yonge intersection. The rooftop will have a beautifully landscaped terrace, available to both hotel guests and condominium residents.

The spectacular tower will rise from the centre of the podium. It was designed by Bazis' celebrated architect Roy Varacalli. The first four floors will be dedicated to a luxury five-star hotel, which will offer 120 rooms plus all the services and amenities expected from a deluxe international chain.

The remainder of the tower will be home to about 500 luxury condominiums, which will range in size from 550-square feet, one-bedroom suites to expansive 10,000-square-foot penthouses.

"I am very pleased to see this project moving forward," said Kyle Rae, City Councillor for Toronto Centre at the unveiling. "The intersection of Yonge and Bloor is an important Canadian crossroads. This new development will give the area a much needed facelift and will add $ 2 million towards the Bloor Street transformation project - a benefit to both the local residential and business communities."

"What I can promise is that every aspect of 1 Bloor will live up to expectations," says Mr. Gold. "This is a project, which will instantly become a recognizable symbol of Toronto and firmly establish its presence on the international stage."

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 6:38 PM

well unrelated but it appears Pinnacle Centre part D is starting because the sales office on the site is being teared down. I think Part D is 135-145M

http://p083.ezboard.com/Pinnacle-new...cID=5444.topic

Old Posted Apr 6, 2007, 12:45 AM

Old Posted Apr 7, 2007, 7:12 AM

^^^Now, that rocks!

Old Posted Apr 13, 2007, 3:34 AM

1 Bloor East looks interesting but does anyone else think wrap around balconies are somewhat unrealistic on an 80 storey building?

Old Posted Apr 13, 2007, 1:52 PM
gettin' rich!

There will likely be a couple more revision on this design before it goes into sales.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 2:57 PM

have any of you heard the terrifing rumor over on ssc that trump tower is getting a thirteen floor decrease? scary stuff. apparently there is a sign at the sales office, can anyone get any photos?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 10:47 PM

Forgive my ignorance, but what is "SSC"?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 11:41 PM

Skyscrapercity

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 11:44 PM

its not the decrease in height per se that worries me. Its more the corresponding increase in stubbiness. I hope we dont lose the svelte beauty ive been pining for.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 3:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychosomatic View Post
have any of you heard the terrifing rumor over on ssc that trump tower is getting a thirteen floor decrease? scary stuff. apparently there is a sign at the sales office, can anyone get any photos?
I couldn’t find the post/rumour you are referring to, but I think that it is unlikely they would downsize at this point. They fought pretty hard to extend the building to 70 floors and “The Donald” has been spending a lot of time in Toronto recently selling his new "business strategies" ("You really have to love what you are doing, so you don't give up," Trump told a crowd of more than 25,000 who came out to hear him at the Learning Annex's Real Estate and Wealth Expo in Toronto.) Tough to pitch this then downsize your project. It would create major headlines and badly affect those wealthy inventors/owners who thought they were going to be part of the biggest and best. I don’t see it happening.

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:...nk&cd=20&gl=ca

Last edited by Big Daddy; Apr 15, 2007 at 4:22 AM. Reason: missing info

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 2:31 PM

I hope youre right, but two people have already claimed to have seen a sign in the sales centre notifying that a preposition for a thirteen floor decrease is set to go before city council.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 8:39 PM

Points to ponder:

The “Trump” is scheduled to be 325 metres at 70 floors which would translate into approx. 15 feet per floor (not entirely accurate as many floors would have different heights depending on use). As such, if the “reduction” were employed, it would mean the building would be reduced approximately 200 feet or 60 metres. That would leave the “Trump” at approx. 265 metres and 57 floors. The Signature at Cityscape or even 1 Bloor east could take a run at them if they wanted the “tallest residential building” title for their project. I’ll bet that would make Stinson sick since his previous and more interesting building was proposed to be 337.5 metres. Even if he downsized to placate our neurotic city council, he could have easily beat Trump at his own game.

Time will tell, but I still wonder how they could maintain any credibility since they have as many as eleven “Trump” projects in various stages of development. How do you sell your other projects while telling them you are downsizing one of them? What do they say… “Don’t worry, it won’t happen here”?

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=108193

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations