HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Apr 11, 2009, 4:46 PM

Sacramento Tax Day Tea Party

anyone going to this on the 15th?

I hear Fixed News (FOX) is going to be there, and either hannity or cavuto will show up to throw tea bags into the river.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2009, 9:37 PM

I'll probably head on over. See if I can expose a few ACORN infilTRAITORS.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2009, 1:32 AM
Kodachrome

I'm going if kryptos is there

Old Posted Apr 12, 2009, 2:23 AM
Closed account

Cavuto is going to be there. I am going, as I have been quite involved in this. Mind you, this is NOT a Republican event at all. It is a protest against the trampling of our Constitution. Which both Republicrats and Democommies are guilty.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2009, 2:24 AM
Closed account

Old Posted Apr 12, 2009, 2:24 AM
Closed account

Mission & Goals

The Sacramento Tea Party is dedicated to bringing attention to the fiscal irresponsibility of the State and Federal Governments of the United States.

We intend to protest government bailouts, stimulus, increased taxation and government pork in all its forms.

We will work tirelessly to force our government to practice fiscal responsibility, and to prevent them from mortgaging our children's future.

We are a spontaneous, a non-partisan, citizens group associated with all the Tea Party Protests taking place around the nation.

If you would like to find a Tea Party outside California, please visit: www.taxdayteaparty.com

Old Posted Apr 12, 2009, 2:30 AM

Cavuto and Hannity...

Yuck

Old Posted Apr 12, 2009, 3:31 AM
Kodachrome

If Majin's not going then I'll definitely be there.

It’s funny how news media gives attention to certain topics… I bet if Cindy
Sheehan and 20 Code Pink were protesting Bush… CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS
would all show up in a heartbeat.

Good job Krytos, getting the word out about a grass roots action.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2009, 7:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by econgrad View Post
Mission & Goals

The Sacramento Tea Party is dedicated to bringing attention to the fiscal irresponsibility of the State and Federal Governments of the United States.

We intend to protest government bailouts, stimulus, increased taxation and government pork in all its forms.

We will work tirelessly to force our government to practice fiscal responsibility, and to prevent them from mortgaging our children's future.

We are a spontaneous, a non-partisan, citizens group associated with all the Tea Party Protests taking place around the nation.

If you would like to find a Tea Party outside California, please visit: www.taxdayteaparty.com
Where were the teabaggers during the Bush administration when the bailouts were enacted?

If the teabaggers are being honest, they should acknowledge the tax cuts on the middle class that the Obama administration has in store.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2009, 8:56 AM

Teabagger??? Uhhhhhhhhhhhh....I won't touch that one.

It's true, many of these protesters were nowhere to be found during the Bush administration's extravagant spending. I think they are more interested in sticking it to Obama than actually sticking to their principles. It's amazing how these neo-con RINO RePUBElicans seem to find religion when a Dumb-o-rat is dictator. However, there are a lot of people who truly dislike big government, and they will also be at the protest. Heck, Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty supports the Tax Day Tea Party. Now, you certainly can't argue Dr. Paul and his supporters had a lack of criticism for our previous dictator.

Seeing as how our state and federal governments both spend too much and the rich pay most of the income tax, I don't think a little middle class tax cut (which we can't afford) is very impressive.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2009, 5:41 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by innov8 View Post

Well said Mike.

CNN and MSNBC are more interested in what Michelle Obama is wearing or what vegetables are being planted in her vegetable garden than they are about asking Obama specifics about the lack of transperancy, debate or the promised era of bipartisanship. Heck MSNBC is still going on about the Bush administration as if he were stil Presdident and making the decisions

As somebody who voted for Obama I have never had buyers remorse so early after the election. I consider myself socially liberally but more fiscally conservative than Bush was (since he spent money like drunken sailor himself). Obama's early moves to blow deficit spending though the roof (not to mention printing more money) is going to mean tax hikes on everyone, including the middle class; if not hyperinflation. This crisis has been brewing for more than a decade because of lending institutions being forced to loan money to people who could never afford homes. And though I thought he would govern as a Centist is is even further to the left than I would have suspected.

And for the love of humanity if I hear Obama or Biden repeat one more time that they inherited this economic crisis, I'm going to be sick. The Democrats and Republicans share equal responsibilty for this mess. During the first round of Tarp funds that were pushed by Bush, Pelosi and Reid, Nancy Pelosi said with a straight face, that their would be 'No Golden Parachuttes'. The so called enconomic stimulous was rammed through with very no debate. (So much for transperancy). This crisis has been brewing for more than a decade.

The tea party may be backed by mostly Republican interests, but as somebody who gets hammered month after month with taxes; I would definitely be going if I were off work.

You want a good look where we're headed in this country? Then look at the larger liberal states in this country like California and New York and they are aLL in an economic mess. We can't spend money we don't have and we can't keep taxing businesses, the upper, middle and even the lower classes with regressive sales taxes.

Enough is Enough.

BTW Steve I may have thought you were a tad off your rocker with your support for Ron Paul during the primary election. But in retrospect I think you and other Ron Paul supporters showed a bit more wisdom with your votes then the rest of us suckers did.

We need a President who will be fiscally repsonsible and will keep us out of every world crisis that comes up. This idea of a global utopia is as fanciful pipe dream. Obama was supposed to repair relations with Europe in the hopes of fostering this grand mulitlateral front against Al Qaeda, Iran and other trouble spots. As I was reading today in the Bee, the Europeans love to talk about working with the U.S. to tackle the world problems; but are severely challenged when it comes to taking action.

It's time to pull all U.S. forces out of Europe, Iraq and South Korea. It's a burden on U.S. tax payers as well as our forces that we don't need. Let the Euros, Koreans the Arabs and the Israelis solve their own probelms and we need to quit pretending they're going to help solve ours.

Last edited by urban_encounter; Apr 13, 2009 at 2:55 AM.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2009, 11:57 PM
Closed account

Old Posted Apr 13, 2009, 2:44 AM

I wonder if there is going to be any book burning at Sacramento's FOX News sponsored teabagging party?

Old Posted Apr 13, 2009, 2:57 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactownTom View Post
I wonder if there is going to be any book burning at Sacramento's FOX News sponsored teabagging party?

Hopefully the U.S. tax code.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2009, 3:50 AM

I think that only citizens who actually PAY federal income taxes should be allowed to vote. And I think all federal income taxes should be due on the same day when federal elections are held. Every tax-paying citizen who chooses to vote should have to be shown their total federal tax liability for the year, sign their name next to the dollar amount, and only then should they be allowed to cast their ballot. Same for state elections. 50% of "taxpayers" pay NO federal income tax. That's the biggest problem with the tax code right now. I pay enough taxes to support dozens of self-absorbed soft heads as they run to the polls to tax me even more. Where does it end? Google "Ron Paul" and read "America Alone" for more insight on America's forthcoming tax-liability debacle. Goodbye sweet America, goodbye...

Old Posted Apr 13, 2009, 4:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innov8 View Post

As someone who attends protests, I support them 100%, even if theyre not for a cause I support.

And dont bash Sheehan until you have a child killed in a war.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2009, 4:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_encounter View Post
Well said Mike.

CNN and MSNBC are more interested in what Michelle Obama is wearing or what vegetables are being planted in her vegetable garden than they are about asking Obama specifics about the lack of transperancy, debate or the promised era of bipartisanship.

I suppose we should go back to listening to a bumbling Texan talk about smoking the terrorists out of their holes and how the "childrens do learn"

Bipartisanship can only happen if both sides are willing. Republicans are under the control of their pill popping leader Rush and are in no hurry to take orders from a black man. And you can say the RNC head is black, and JC watts is black, and Colin Powell was black, but lets face it, MOST Republicans are closet racists, isolationists, and suffer from the chicken little syndrome of "the sky is falling", so lets destroy the constitution in the name of national security because at any second the the pen in my hand may explode, the water could be poisoned, the beef could be tainted, crop dusters will start spraying nerve gas and model airplanes with explosives are going to mushroom cloud the population.

Truth be told, KKK members vote republican. Why do you think that is?

Old Posted Apr 13, 2009, 4:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_encounter View Post
Hopefully the U.S. tax code.
probably a copy of the emancipation proclamation as well.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2009, 6:09 AM

Am I the only socalist on the board?

I'm definately in the upper tax bracket (if not the top) and I think we need higher taxes and more government spending and I will be voting for more tax increases.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2009, 8:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptos View Post
I suppose we should go back to listening to a bumbling Texan talk about smoking the terrorists out of their holes and how the "childrens do learn"

Bipartisanship can only happen if both sides are willing. Republicans are under the control of their pill popping leader Rush and are in no hurry to take orders from a black man. And you can say the RNC head is black, and JC watts is black, and Colin Powell was black, but lets face it, MOST Republicans are closet racists, isolationists, and suffer from the chicken little syndrome of "the sky is falling", so lets destroy the constitution in the name of national security because at any second the the pen in my hand may explode, the water could be poisoned, the beef could be tainted, crop dusters will start spraying nerve gas and model airplanes with explosives are going to mushroom cloud the population.

Truth be told, KKK members vote republican. Why do you think that is?

Oh please. Is it even possible to paint with a broader stroke?

It's clear you have a deep-seated hatred for Republicans. You might want to fix that before you start lecturing the rest of us on "bipartisanship".

I fail to see how a party that (mostly) advocates for interventionism can be classified as "isolationist". Now, I can understand how you might think the Ron Paul "wing" of the party is isolationist. However, you would still be wrong. We are non-interventionist. There's a big difference, which I don't expect you to appreciate.

I am a racist. (Before you get all angry and shit, keep in mind, I think everyone, including you, has racist thoughts and feelings.) And I have no issue with a (half) black president. Now, I DO have an issue with "taking orders" (as you put it) from ANY president. Whether it is Bush or Obama, nobody tells me what to do.

I don't know any KKK members, but one of my neighbors is quite the white supremacist, and he hates both major parties. So there's at least one big time racist who does not vote Republican. I'm pretty sure there are a lot more.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area