HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation

Old Posted Aug 26, 2009, 12:10 AM

Millennium Station to Blair Station Future Transitway

Does anyone know any information about a future Transitway that would connect Millennium Station to Blair Station?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millenn...n_(OC_Transpo)

Quote:
The stop itself as expected to be the eastern terminus of a future Transitway segment that would connect to Blair Station by 2013.
I couldn't find anymore info on this future connection.

It be great if the 94 from Blair to Orleans would be faster.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2009, 2:17 AM
National Capital Region

That entry needs a heavy rewrite...

Anyway, the transitway being referred to is mainly the Cumberland Transitway with a bit of the so-called "Hospital Link" Transitway along Blair (so-called because it now seems it won't actually link Blair to the hospitals, but I digress).

Design work I believe is underway for the Cumberland Transitway, but it won't be built anytime soon, so it's a bit pointless to be designing it at the moment. The #94 will likely make use of the Blackburn Hamlet Bypass extension (which parallels the Cumberland Transitway) once it is constructed.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2009, 3:12 AM
you know my steez

^I would wager the 94 stays on Innes to serve the retail along that corridor, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a new express or peak route using the new bypass.

Regarding the timing of the Cumberland Transitway's construction, the TMP update (http://ottawa.ca/city_hall/master_plans/tmp/tmp_en.pdf), defines two construction phases: Blair to Navan Rd in Phase 1, Increment 1 (roughly sometime before 2017), and Navan to Millenium in Phase 1, Increment 3 (roughly 2021-2025). That said, political priorities can and will change, and this thing could be built whenever.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2009, 3:45 AM

So it will be called Cumberland Transitway. I really hate that the 94 goes to Blackburn ,some of them should just skip it.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2009, 5:26 PM

Considering that OC Transpo is still trying to build ridership on the 94 and the 94 hasn't been fully rolled out with still some missing service hours, I think it is still premature to be thinking about curtailing service or bypassing part of the current route.

I agree with Deez that once the Cumberland Transitway is completed, it would make sense to retain the 94 on Innes to serve the growing commercial strip. The opening of the Cumberland Transitway would facilitate the introduction of a parallel express service bypassing Blackburn Hamlet.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation