HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 1:20 AM
Skyriser

I don't see a hotel in that iteration, and that schematic is the first I've seen that is a schematic, so it doesn't look like they're proceeding with the hotel.

And this is like 3 weeks after the rendering went up for 37 stories! How do they even do this so fast? These kinds of proforma calculations are incredibly complex so maybe it's the Texas summer? Wtf!

I can't remember, was the inclusion of the hotel material to their RFP?

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 1:52 AM

QUOTECrestedSaguaro Here's everything I have on Central Station: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...vx?usp=sharing

Thanks for the details, it shows the tower at 406, hopefully it keeps

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 1:57 AM

Ugh. I knew it. They just reverted the web site quickly until the revised plans were official.

I think the city should say no thanks -- we can do better. I'm okay with waiting a few more years. It's not so much the height for me, but the elimination of the second tower -- it's the density (or lack there of) that bothers me more.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 5:40 AM

I think it's too early to say the second tower is nixed altogether. That's such a huge element to eliminate, something like ~300,000+ sqft of the project plus retail and the transportation office which is required per RFP. I believe the schematic is only showing the East Tower so its clean, legible, and less confusing.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 6:31 AM

This lot is cursed

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 11:20 AM

That image is a section cut running N/S, so it just doesn't show the second tower. It has not been eliminated, it is still part of the project. The only fluctuation is the main tower, which could be anywhere from 30 to 37 stores.

That section does show the main tower at 32, but another newer looking rendering looks to be 34, and another one from a couple months ago (still on the website) along with the all the text still lists it at 37, so I guess time will tell...

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 3:34 PM
Modulator

Maybe someone could email the contact for the development and ask?

Also, the website is designed and hosted by web.com which means they are only paid to put up whatever stuff they receive by Medistar. Any of the information on the site should only be taken with a grain of salt and the website admin most likely doesn't know anything about the development other than what they receive which could be a mix of information.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 5:05 PM

I thought this was supposed to include an 18 story tower for student housing? Or is that scrapped now that the ASU dorm is going up?

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 5:08 PM
Skyriser

They didn't scrap it, they're just showing the first tower's schematic.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
They didn't scrap it, they're just showing the first tower's schematic.
Thanks for the clarification, Moderator sir

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 6:24 PM
BANNED

[QUOTE=CrestedSaguaro;8942358]Maybe someone could email the contact for the development and ask?

Perhaps you should email them or is your email down?

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 6:27 PM

[QUOTE=Ballister;8942630]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
Maybe someone could email the contact for the development and ask?

Perhaps you should email them or is your email down?

I remember showing crested saguaro how to look stuff up on the assesor's website and check permits on the city's website, he went off and running with it and figured out how to email city employees for records, but emailing the developer is where he draws the line.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post

I remember showing crested saguaro how to look stuff up on the assesor's website and check permits on the city's website, he went off and running with it and figured out how to email city employees for records, but emailing the developer is where he draws the line.
Your dress is showing again Biggus. JFC, instead of giving props to Crested for all the excellent contributions he's provided over the last couple of days, wtf have you done to contribute lately? Besides getting into these little squabbles and constantly defending your little BF, Matt.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 6:34 PM

Relax, pal.

If you can't see the irony there then I can't help you. This isn't a me vs. you scenario but if you want me to remind you how many dozens of hours I spent on that rundown thread and getting that level of organization done only to have it ignored then I will. I gave you all a centralized place to have all your updates and list all projects in an easy to read fashion. I think I can say I put my work in.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
Relax, pal.

If you can't see the irony there then I can't help you.
Oh, I get the irony in both of the posts LOL that in the same time it took to type out these witty and sarcastic replies, one of you could've easily emailed Medistar for clarification on what we are all trying to confirm. And yes, the irony is not escaping me that I'm basically doing the same thing

Put my money where my mouth is and emailed James. Let's see what he says...

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 7:53 PM
Modulator

[QUOTE=biggus diggus;8942635]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballister View Post

Sean can feel free to ban me for my comments here because frankly I have had enough of you ass-hat.

First off, you only provided the assessor website. You DID NOT SHOW ME HOW to look up anything and I was already well aware of how to make a public records request well before you were ever here. Again, why don't YOU MAKE AN EFFORT and try researching something? You don't provide anything on this forum and only provide snide witty remarks towards other forum members and then get pissed off when they have their own opinion that is not the same as yours.

I have done more than enough on this site and I have spent countless hours of researching these things, uploading them to Imgur, putting them on my Google drive and then posting them here for everyone's knowledge. Many others here have done the same...except you. If you have time to make smart-ass shitty comments towards others on here, then you can spend a few minutes of your precious time sending an email.

Oh and all the stuff you spent "countless hours" putting together in the rundown thread, most of that stuff was provided by other forumers. Not any of it was stuff you actually researched and contributed. As I said yesterday...riding the backs of others.

Sean, I'll just do you a favor and see my own way out the door.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 7:57 PM

Crested....you truly have added so much so quickly. THANKS!!!!!!!!

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post

Sean can feel free to ban me for my comments here because frankly I have had enough of you ass-hat.

First off, you only provided the assessor website. You DID NOT SHOW ME HOW to look up anything and I was already well aware of how to make a public records request well before you were ever here. Again, why don't YOU MAKE AN EFFORT and try researching something? You don't provide anything on this forum and only provide snide witty remarks towards other forum members and then get pissed off when they have their own opinion that is not the same as yours.

I have done more than enough on this site and I have spent countless hours of researching these things, uploading them to Imgur, putting them on my Google drive and then posting them here for everyone's knowledge. Many others here have done the same...except you. If you have time to make smart-ass shitty comments towards others on here, then you can spend a few minutes of your precious time sending an email.

Oh and all the stuff you spent "countless hours" putting together in the rundown thread, most of that stuff was provided by other forumers. Not any of it was stuff you actually researched and contributed. As I said yesterday...riding the backs of others.

Sean, I'll just do you a favor and see my own way out the door.
Crested - I understand your frustration with Biggus because I've had my share of squabbles with him. I truly agree with you 100%, including that Biggus is an ass hat. He's been warned many a times by Sean to knock it off and yet he continues with his little BS witty remarks.

I really hope you reconsider staying in these forums and sharing all the excellent content due to your countless hours of research. The majority of us in this forum value all the work you put in, don't let a small contingent of idiots distract you from this.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 8:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Oh, I get the irony in both of the posts LOL that in the same time it took to type out these witty and sarcastic replies, one of you could've easily emailed Medistar for clarification on what we are all trying to confirm. And yes, the irony is not escaping me that I'm basically doing the same thing

Put my money where my mouth is and emailed James. Let's see what he says...
Pretty quick response from James:

"The project is still a work in progress. Will you kindly ping me again at the end of this month, and I should have more to tell you."

So stay tuned I guess...

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 8:26 PM

Saguaro, if I tell you that you did a great job and give you a round of applause and tell you that you're prettier than the other girls will you stop turning something I enjoy into a competition?

I'll just go back to reading like I have since the early 2000s before I joined. I hope that will bring you great joy.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest