Comcast Innovation & Technology Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jan 12, 2016, 9:15 PM
More of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russbaseball View Post
I created a diagram in Illustrator that I can edit easily to show the progress. Anything in dark gray is completed. If I'm off on anything let me know. I haven't been over there for a week or so. I might be behind a floor or two.

Unfortunately the detailed schematic pdf submitted to the planning commission is no longer publicly available, but it did show a sample floor plate 'typical hotel floor layout' which showed the concrete core passing through the hotel portion. Although instead of elevators in this core, it was filled with portions of hotel rooms (2 or 4). The elevators that service the hotel are on the exterior of the building as we know.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2016, 9:18 PM

Dude, that is awesome!

Brad Maule did something similar for the first Comcast tower.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2016, 9:34 PM

A request. Can you put bell atl bldg and cc tower next as a reference point?

Old Posted Jan 12, 2016, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Scale View Post
Unfortunately the detailed schematic pdf submitted to the planning commission is no longer publicly available, but it did show a sample floor plate 'typical hotel floor layout' which showed the concrete core passing through the hotel portion. Although instead of elevators in this core, it was filled with portions of hotel rooms (2 or 4). The elevators that service the hotel are on the exterior of the building as we know.
I just checked the city website and it looks like the CDR pdf document still exists

Last edited by gw04; Jan 12, 2016 at 10:36 PM.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2016, 10:38 PM
More of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gw04 View Post
I just checked the city website and it looks like the CDR pdf document still exists
Fabulous! I see its page 48 or 49. And it looks like this core is much skinnier on all sides compared to the core that passes through the office portion.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2016, 11:53 PM

Great diagram russbaseball.

Few pics from past few days:

[IMG]Untitled

[IMG]Untitled

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 12:28 AM

Quote:
I created a diagram in Illustrator that I can edit easily to show the progress. Anything in dark gray is completed. If I'm off on anything let me know. I haven't been over there for a week or so. I might be behind a floor or two.

Thank you for this, I love this tower for Philly please keep up with updates

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 1:48 AM

Update from Building Philly

More photos here:
https://www.facebook.com/BuildingPhilly

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 2:23 AM

What happened to that supposed insider who worked on the site and was positive this was going to be sixty stories and 1141'?

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 3:39 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxbot View Post
What happened to that supposed insider who worked on the site and was positive this was going to be sixty stories and 1141'?
Either way it's going to be pretty tall, and in terms of overall size it's just totally massive, while the main roof is a little lower than the other Comcast this thing is going to have an enormous impact!

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 4:04 AM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Either way it's going to be pretty tall, and in terms of overall size it's just totally massive, while the main roof is a little lower than the other Comcast this thing is going to have an enormous impact!
It's gonna be really awesome! Wish it would look like this though...

Untitled by iheartphilly iheartphilly, on Flickr

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 6:15 PM

Any known email address to ask about NBC Philadelphia'a broken tower camera page?

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 8:44 PM

Thanks for the nice feedback and great ideas! I updated this a bit and included some other buildings. The buildings on CITCs PDF may be off a little, but this should give a good enough idea.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the nice feedback and great ideas! I updated this a bit and included some other buildings. The buildings on CITCs PDF may be off a little, but this should give a good enough idea.

Great work!

Old Posted Jan 14, 2016, 12:22 AM

You know I'm about to find a waterproof phone and tape duct it to the top of the comcast tower for a new reliable webcam, connected to a wall charger and power cord. Anyone want to volunteer their phone?

Old Posted Jan 14, 2016, 2:20 AM

Quote:
Wouldn't the hotel need a service/freight elevator? Where are they putting that if not in the core?

Old Posted Jan 14, 2016, 8:47 AM
More of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyr View Post
Wouldn't the hotel need a service/freight elevator? Where are they putting that if not in the core?
The North-facing three external elevators are for guests. They run directly from the lobby (street level), without stop, directly to the top lobby/restaurant/lounge. From there hotel guests must transfer to a separate three elevators WITHIN the building's Western fin "core." These elevators are not external and only service the hotel room floors. You would actually be taking the elevators DOWN from the top lobby to your respective hotel room floor or spa.

The South-facing external elevator bank is for "goods" (service) according to schematics. They apparently stop on every floor, or at least the sample floor plate 'Typical Office Layout' shows they stop on it. There is a mystery here however, as the schematics for the basement and concourse show FOUR service elevators in the same space that holds three elevators on the other external side. Then the schematics show only three elevators in this same space servicing the lobby and office floors, with the left-most elevator being larger than the other two. THEN this same space (South-facing external) is inhabited by only TWO elevators on the hotel floors - left one being large, right one being small. This is most likely intentional for reasons beyond our understanding.

Last edited by Human Scale; Jan 14, 2016 at 9:03 AM.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
The North-facing three external elevators are for guests. They run directly from the lobby (street level), without stop, directly to the top lobby/restaurant/lounge. From there hotel guests must transfer to a separate three elevators WITHIN the building's Western fin "core." These elevators are not external and only service the hotel room floors. You would actually be taking the elevators DOWN from the top lobby to your respective hotel room floor or spa.

The South-facing external elevator bank is for "goods" (service) according to schematics. They apparently stop on every floor, or at least the sample floor plate 'Typical Office Layout' shows they stop on it. There is a mystery here however, as the schematics for the basement and concourse show FOUR service elevators in the same space that holds three elevators on the other external side. Then the schematics show only three elevators in this same space servicing the lobby and office floors, with the left-most elevator being larger than the other two. THEN this same space (South-facing external) is inhabited by only TWO elevators on the hotel floors - left one being large, right one being small. This is most likely intentional for reasons beyond our understanding.
Wow thanks for the breakdown. Besides for employees/goods being seen, it seems odd they would waste expenses on an external service elevator. And you would think they would have a freight elevator running from the loading dock for bulk items. Thanks for the info.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2016, 12:46 PM

They have hung some of the exterior panels. These are looking from the Sterling loading dock on Cuthbert St., at the general area where the ITC loading dock I believe would be:

[/url]IMG_4318.JPG by PhillyPhlyr,[/IMG]

[/url]IMG_4323.JPG by PhillyPhlyr, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by PhillyPhlyr; Jan 14, 2016 at 2:02 PM.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2016, 1:06 PM

YES!!!!!! Very excited to see more cladding!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture