HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jul 28, 2013, 8:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCs77 View Post
In this case they choose (or maybe it wasn't very practicall being next to the train yard) to have a large underground garage.
Parking is generally not allowed in Manhattan buildings. I doubt they could build underground parking, or any type of parking, on this site.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2013, 12:28 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Parking is generally not allowed in Manhattan buildings. I doubt they could build underground parking, or any type of parking, on this site.
Is it because of the subway underneath? Or some ordinance?

Old Posted Jul 29, 2013, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Is it because of the subway underneath? Or some ordinance?
Since the late 1970's, NYC has essentially banned new parking spaces in Manhattan.

There are exceptions (you can get a special permit in some cases, especially for residential), but you will notice that most new highrises, especially new office or hotel highrises, have no parking.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 4:50 PM

Great article on leasing by YIMBY's newest contributor, and a few photos as well - photo ops will improve dramatically this month/next as it begins actually rising.

July 2013 Coach Tower Update

Old Posted Aug 1, 2013, 5:44 PM

From the Hudson Yards New York Facebook page:

Quote:
Today the South Tower at Hudson Yards started its 895 foot ascent. When the building opens in 2015, the new home of Coach, L'Oreal and SAP will stand 52 stories tall.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2013, 3:18 AM

Wow, almost above street level!

Old Posted Aug 2, 2013, 2:24 PM

It's cruising along pretty quickly now! With a 2015 opening date they're going to have to motor. Can't wait, this has to be one of the most anticipated developments in New York City history.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2013, 3:42 PM

This is the diagram of how the tenants are distributed in the building and the still available space.

http://www.hudsonyardsnewyork.com/wo...ty-floor-plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
According to this diagram, it will have one underground level of attended parking, which is what we see they are building now, but I guess it won't have many parking spaces.

Last edited by CCs77; Aug 3, 2013 at 3:56 PM.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2013, 5:25 AM
Everywhere all at once

I feel like it still hasn't fully hit me that this is under construction. I'm just now grasping the hugeness of it all.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2013, 12:10 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
According to this diagram, it will have one underground level of attended parking, which is what we see they are building now, but I guess it won't have many parking spaces.
A lot of the parking in the Hudson Yards area was to be under the to-be-built Hudson Boulevard.

http://chekpeds.com/hudson-yards-law...nimum-required

Quote:
The Hell’s Kitchen Neighborhood Association (HKNA) agreed to settle its federal lawsuit aimed at nullifying parking requirements that the City adopted for the Hudson Yards area. Those requirements could have resulted in the construction of up to 17,400 parking spaces. Under the settlement, new development in the Hudson Yards will be limited to no more than 6,100 parking spaces. Also, a 950-car garage that the city planned to build under a new mid-block boulevard will be eliminated.

HKNA’s brought the suit to enforce New York City’s commitment under the federal Clean Air Act to limit parking in the Manhattan central business district south of 60th Street. The City implemented its commitment in 1982 through zoning changes under which new buildings are not required to provide parking and only a limited number of parking spaces are allowed. In approving the Hudson Yards rezoning in 2005, the City reversed course by requiring parking in a portion of the central business district for the first time since 1982. The settlement will again eliminate any parking requirement.

The 1982 zoning rules would have allowed about 5,000 new parking spaces for development in the Hudson Yards. Although 6,100 spaces will now be allowed, some of those spaces will be in existing, underutilized public parking garages. As a result, the number of new parking spaces is expected to be approximately the same as would have been constructed under the 1982 zoning rules. The settlement was approved by the court on May 5, 2009. The City will have one year to adopt a zoning amendment for the Hudson Yards consistent with the settlement.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2013, 1:14 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

way to fight off the corporate demons and their cronies in city hall hkna!!!

Old Posted Aug 4, 2013, 1:22 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
It cracks me up that on the same drawing it clearly shows 50 labelled floors, but claims 52 floors. I guess a glass crown counts as two actual floors even though the roof is at 50.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2013, 2:03 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

^ if the retail level is the first floor, then maybe that includes the attended parking and what looks like something below that? i dk, but that would make 52.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2013, 6:09 PM

I keep looking for signs that they're working on the pedestals for the portion of the tower hanging over the High Line spur.

jglover1028's Flickr

I don't think this is it, but I'm curious about the timing, since the main portion of the building will be above street-level before too long. I'm imagining something like a grander version of the Standard Hotel construction:

Video Link

Old Posted Aug 5, 2013, 8:13 PM

Overhead view of the eastern side of the site.

Photo by Timothy Schenck, taken from the High Line Blog

Old Posted Aug 5, 2013, 8:54 PM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

There's some double height mechanical floors like 34 and 34M. I think that's where the extra floors come from.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2013, 12:37 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.benzinga.com/news/13/08/3...t-hudson-yards

Fairway Market To Be Anchor Food Market At Hudson Yards

James Hunt
August 08, 2013

Quote:
Related Companies, Oxford Properties Group and Fairway Group Holdings Corp. ("Fairway") announced today that Fairway Market, the iconic grocery super store, will be the anchor food market at Hudson Yards. The 45,875 sq. ft. site will be comparable in size to Fairway's 74th Street and Broadway and 86th Street and 2nd Avenue locations, and will occupy the ground floor retail space in the South Tower. Fairway will offer the entire Hudson Yards neighborhood a first-class grocery shopping experience that epitomizes Fairway's "Like No Other Market" ® slogan.

The Hudson Yards Fairway will be adjacent to the 10th Avenue Spur, part of New York City's famous High Line, and is scheduled to open in 2015. It will be across the street from 500 West 30th Street – the new Robert A. M. Stern designed rental property being developed by Related Companies and Abington Properties, which is scheduled for completion in 2014.

Similar to all Fairway Markets, the new store will offer an exceptional combination of traditional, organic and specialty foods at the most competitive prices. Fairway is a fusion of the neighborhood corner butcher, baker, cheese shop, fishmonger, and farmer's market, all under one roof and serving millions of customers annually with daily-delivered produce, a best-of-the-best kosher selection, the freshest seafood, custom-cut USDA prime meat, cheeses from around the world, a classic New York deli counter, a made-from-scratch bakery, an olive bar, coffee bar, cafe and more.

The anticipated LEED Gold South Tower, designed by acclaimed global architects Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates (KPF), has 52 stories and stands 895 feet tall. The South Tower offers Fairway a truly unique location just beneath the High Line at the corner of 30th Street and 10th Avenue and adjacent to the highly anticipated Culture Shed. Construction on the 1.7 million sq. ft. South Tower began last December and the building is slated for occupancy in 2015. With this lease agreement, the South Tower is more than 85 percent committed with additional tenants Coach Inc., L'Oreal USA and SAP.

Hudson Yards sits within New York's fastest developing neighborhood, with a growth rate five times greater than the rest of Manhattan and an influx of 6,000 residences and 2,400 hotel rooms in the last five years. Once completed, 40,000 people will work in, or call Hudson Yards their home.

The 28-acre site, which now includes 1 and 2 Hudson Boulevard, will transform the neighborhood by giving residents, employees and visitors an incomparable offering of amenities including: more than 9 million square feet of state-of-the-art commercial space, 750,000 square feet of destination retail space, 5,000 residences, a new public school, a cultural center, a luxury hotel, a health club, a direct connection to the #7 Subway and 14-acres of new public space with connections to the celebrated High Line and the new Hudson Park and Boulevard – a sweeping 4-acre thoroughfare running north from West 33rd Street to Times Square.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2013, 2:47 PM

A second tower crane is being installed this weekend. I took these photos yesterday:

Tons of rebar in place, this building is just about ready to go vertical!

Last edited by sbarn; Aug 11, 2013 at 11:08 PM.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2013, 7:24 PM

"First concrete pour at the Yards!"

https://www.facebook.com/HudsonYardsNewYork

Old Posted Aug 14, 2013, 8:12 PM

Are they going to do anything to spruce up the high line? It looks pretty mediocre currently.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive