HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Apr 23, 2019, 5:37 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but there's a proposal by Cedar St. to build another FLATS building on an oddly shaped lot between Racine and Blue Island, 14th and 15th St. 7 stories, 197 apartments, some retail. Hartshorne Plunkard Architects.
I can't find anything about this... presumably they are building under the approved PD from 2012? That was about to expire, but there is a letter from last year in the PD file authorizing a one year extension until late July of this year.

So it's time for them to shit or get off the pot... I doubt Sigcho-Lopez will authorize further extensions unless the developer agrees to comply with the latest version of the ARO or even the unofficial 30% affordable standard for Pilsen developments.

i drive past this site every day and there is certainly no sign of activity there. The approved PD calls for a pretty crappy site plan with a parking-heavy midrise on the south half and a drive-thru bank on the north. Ugh. Even a strip mall with a convenience store would be vastly better than a bank, since it would actually provide amenities to the neighborhood... but there's no way anyone will approve a business that sells package liquor so close to the CHA housing and multiple schools.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2019, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handro View Post
^it's crazy how big that Home Depot on North Ave looks in that picture. The giant orange band looks like it would take up 3 city blocks from this view... very out of proportion for a single retail store!
I believe it's the largest Home Depot in the country, both in terms of square footage and revenue.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2019, 9:13 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose Island Guru View Post
I believe it's the largest Home Depot in the country, both in terms of square footage and revenue.
I'll tell you one of the major reasons why: contractors.

That property is right smack dab in the heart of contractor rehab country.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2019, 9:16 PM

Have you guys seen the new construction mapping tool the city just released:

https://chistreetwork.chicago.gov/map

Old Posted Apr 23, 2019, 9:58 PM

905 Fulton

April 15

Old Posted Apr 24, 2019, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Wow I had no idea. Thanks for the info!

Old Posted Apr 24, 2019, 4:15 PM

Quote:
And I"m guessing Parking Lot - that puppy is huge.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2019, 4:24 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Chicago View Post
And I"m guessing Parking Lot - that puppy is huge.
at 4.2 acres, that parking lot is huge for a city location, but still smaller than a typical suburban home depot location.

i randomly picked the home depot out in carpentersville and its parking lot is 5.0 acres.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2019, 5:44 PM

Part of me feels like the Home Depot will go away as LY is developed, another part of me sees them sticking around to serve the residents of the 6,000 units that are going to be plopped at their doorstep.
I'm curious to see how that will play out.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2019, 5:52 PM

Quote:
The nearby Target is their highest grossing in the country as well, or at least was a few years ago.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2019, 6:22 PM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Chicago View Post
Click on the residential tab and have a gander at the multi-family that's at the top of the page. Was that giant turd ever built? I don't recognize it.
You don't like buildings that were extruded from a pasta machine? It looks like it would hold sauce really well ...
[/SIZE]

Old Posted Apr 24, 2019, 11:04 PM

six-corners-senior-housing-complex-stalls-amid-city-council-skirmish

apparently that six corners tower got blocked today by alderman of not even the ward its in. This should not at all be allowable only alderman of the ward should have say in blocking something...

https://therealdeal.com/chicago/2019...ncil-skirmish/

During the last scheduled meeting of the City Council Zoning Committee before a new class of aldermen takes over next month, outgoing Alderman Margaret Laurino (39th) pulled a procedural maneuver to keep the proposal for 4720 West Irving Park Road from reaching a vote, according to the Chicago Tribune.
The proposed development is in the 45th Ward, where Alderman-elect James Gardiner defeated incumbent John Arena in the February election. Arena helped shepherd the senior housing proposal through the Chicago Plan Commission last week, but Gardiner opposes the plan.

Kiss this goodbye unless lori gets rid of prerogative

Old Posted Apr 25, 2019, 12:01 AM

^^^ You start by saying they are ignoring perogative and then end by saying you can kiss it goodbye without perogative. The guy who beat Arena ran on stopping stuff like this, giving him absolute power will guarantee it dies. If she is able to eliminate perogative then it might pass in some form.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2019, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
^^^ You start by saying they are ignoring perogative and then end by saying you can kiss it goodbye without perogative. The guy who beat Arena ran on stopping stuff like this, giving him absolute power will guarantee it dies. If she is able to eliminate perogative then it might pass in some form.
Right, have no idea why he won, the site is an absolute eyesore and if he's anti gentrification which I think he is, well the argument against him should be that this is senior housing so it wont really increase land values and for two, gentrification is a good thing as we all know. I just don't get anti development alderman they are further raining prices by not allowing development, we seem to have a lot of and even more goofballs coming in. the fact that lori will eliminate prerogative will be a godsend!

Last edited by Hourstrooper; Apr 25, 2019 at 12:59 AM.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2019, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hourstrooper View Post
Right, have no idea why he won, the site is an absolute eyesore and if he's anti gentrification which I think he is, well the argument against him should be that this is senior housing so it wont really increase land values and for two, gentrification is a good thing as we all know. I just don't get anti development alderman they are further raining prices by not allowing development, we seem to have a lot of and even more goofballs coming in. the fact that lori will eliminate prerogative will be a godsend!
And he refused to talk to reporters and directed other members of hte oppostion group to refuse them too.

This is after he berated a reporter and kicked them out of his victory party because he didn't like the way the race was covered.

All this from the guy who had a restraining order against him from his ex girlfriend...

45th ward got a real gem.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2019, 5:47 PM

saw a soil testing rig on this lot yesterday

Old Posted Apr 25, 2019, 5:48 PM

was only a matter of time^

Old Posted Apr 25, 2019, 6:15 PM
Vote for me for Mayor!

Is there something going there? Side note, that is probably the waviest parking lot in the city.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2019, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via Chicago View Post
saw a soil testing rig on this lot yesterday
My bet is on the Red and Purple Modernization. Phase 1 (expected to start construction "Late 2019") involves demolishing the Lawrence Station. Clifton street on the west side of the tracks there will be used for staging but the East tracks (behind the parking lot) are the first that will be rebuilt.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2019, 8:39 PM

3817-3845 North Broadway - Broadway and Sheridan - The eagles are back! - https://www.uptownupdate.com/2019/04...ve-landed.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development