HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Jun 30, 2021, 2:16 AM
build awesome buildings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
You mean on the SW Corner of Germantown and 2nd?

It could just be being used as a staging area for the 27 other projects within a 1/2 block radius. Or it could be owned by the Bell Flooring Family.
i should have specified, but not that one (i think that an apartment called the Beverly by Stamm Development is going up there). This is the triangular-ish, empty paved parcel south of the Piazza where Hancock hits 2nd that i was referring to.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2021, 4:16 AM
Philly Pholly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool-ski View Post
No problem, I understand. Yes, I would think this is highly unusual while a building/structure is under construction that significant changes and/or upgrades are made to the GFA, at least here in Philadelphia .

The only other building under construction that I know of that keeps adding floors is the seemingly never ending hotel? or apartment building? around 10th and Arch Streets in Chinatown (or maybe has it ended, who knows ).

Now with all of that said, I have to apologize to you because upon further review, I noticed that there are two 5 story buildings. Refer to post #87. In the first pic, if you can clearly see a low rise 5 story building with beige cladding behind the 8 story building fronting that side of the development. In the same post, the very last pic, you can see another similar sized 5 story building with beige cladding.

So one of those is getting the additional floors/GFA change Again, my apologies to you. This may have figured in to your confusion. And now I'm slightly confused
If we can get them to do that at N Broad & Spring Garden!
545 N Broad Street -Spring Garden Street by jackftl, on Flickr

Old Posted Jun 30, 2021, 8:24 PM

It's for the 3rd tower that we already know about guys. There's no 4th tower coming here.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2021, 8:25 PM

Upgraded Permits Issued For Piazza Terminal In Northern Liberties

Quote:
Upgraded permits have been issued for the Piazza Terminal, a massive mixed-use development at 1104 North Hancock Street in Northern Liberties, North Philadelphia. The permit is essentially an extension of an older permit issued on December 6, 2019, which called for the construction of massive project, developed by Northern Liberties, Post Brothers, with two 12-story towers holding 861 residential units and commercial space. Since this time, the scale of the complex has been expanded, and as such, new permits have just rolled in, calling for the 11-story addition to the under-construction project. Its 270 residential apartments will bring the development’s total unit count up to 1,131. The added area will total 203,561 square feet and will also include amenity space. The newly-filed 11-story addition will be built on top of an already approved and under-construction five-story podium, meaning the building will stand 16 stories high, making it the tallest building in the development.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2021/06/upgr...liberties.html

Old Posted Jun 30, 2021, 8:38 PM

Construction Progresses At Piazza Terminal In Northern Liberties

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2021/06/cons...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Jul 8, 2021, 11:52 AM

Yesterday (from PATCO):

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 3:34 PM

We haven't seen any updates on this one in a while, and it's such a massive project. Anyone nearby who can snap some shots?

Old Posted Oct 15, 2021, 12:25 PM

IM going to a flyers game today so I think I might drive by, probably wont be able to grab a photo but I should be able to say if anything happening.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2021, 1:44 PM

It's definitely coming along. It is sort of hard to get clear shots of the progress. I am going to upload pics of the development right next to this one in the Philly General Forum. I have better pics of that.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2021, 8:54 PM

Old Posted Nov 23, 2021, 8:59 PM

12-Story High-Rise Topped Out, Mostly Clad At Piazza Terminal In Northern Liberties

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2021/11/12-s...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Nov 24, 2021, 1:32 PM
Chris

That is a really nice looking building. Very visible from 95.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2021, 2:15 PM

These buildings are massive. Also don't forget there are two apartment projects happening right across the street too. With the NoLibs boom, Fishtown building up, and the American St. Corridor getting a ton of love, this area is going to be perhaps the densest outside of CC, if it isn't already.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2021, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleetMcDougle View Post
These buildings are massive. Also don't forget there are two apartment projects happening right across the street too. With the NoLibs boom, Fishtown building up, and the American St. Corridor getting a ton of love, this area is going to be perhaps the densest outside of CC, if it isn't already.
With all of this activity occurring, I am betting that everything between the SEPTA Main Line, the Delaware, Callowhill, and Lehigh will hold at least some level of desirability before the end of the decade. The combined development wave of Northern Liberties and Fishtown has completely revitalized South and East Kensington, and is currently pushing into Norris Square and even Ludlow. I check in on permits daily, and to say that infill development would be occurring at certain locations even five years ago would have been laughable (ex. I just saw a permit issued for a three-story building with a roof deck at 171 W Huntingdon Street). I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing mixed-use buildings on West Lehigh or intense infill development northeast of Lehigh and above Frankford towards the end of the decade.

The story of Northern Liberties and Fishtown has been incredible so far. If Post Brothers succeeds in densifying the northern section of NoLibs (especially if office space is added), then I believe that this development wave will spread further north and northeast than anyone could have ever imagined!

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Nov 24, 2021, 3:34 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

that is a very handsome, solid looking building. and i assume the rest are the same. a really great group.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2021, 4:53 PM

The piece da la resistance is the power lines.

On a private owned block with development spanning both sides of the block. Should be required to go underground. Post Brothers controls literally every parcel.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 9:22 PM
Fishtown & Country

12/15
Still hard to shoot this project... so spread out and partly hidden. Anyway, here's part of it-

Old Posted Dec 16, 2021, 2:07 AM

Looks even better than the renderings.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 1:07 PM

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 2:08 PM
Chris

Beautiful buildings, just wish the awful powerlines were buried (I know I sound like a broken record).

And interesting article, over half the new housing permits last year in PA were in Philadelphia County. Factor in the 4 collar counties, I bet that % is close to 70%. Yet, according to some Conservative officials in other parts of the state, PA would be better off without the Philadelphia region...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction