HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

195 Dundas Street A in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • London Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Feb 8, 2020, 10:54 PM

So its now Feb 2020 and the Dundas Place work is now finished. Any signs Ayerswood is applying for site plan approvals to get started on their 25s?

Old Posted Feb 9, 2020, 2:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer139 View Post
So its now Feb 2020 and the Dundas Place work is now finished. Any signs Ayerswood is applying for site plan approvals to get started on their 25s?
Doesn't seem so. Looks like parking for longer:

https://apps.london.ca/PropertyInqui...tInput=1248578

Old Posted Feb 10, 2020, 12:04 AM

They haven't built anything since the apartment on Springbank overlooking the park some 6 years ago. Don't imagine they have any of those workers around so they would be looking to contract out.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2020, 5:12 PM
sketchy dude

construction fencing up on Dundas side. Couldn't see if there was anymore.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2020, 10:50 PM

It looks like they're going to be starting with the shortest of the 3 hours the fencing stretches all the way back to the king street entrance

Old Posted Jul 26, 2020, 12:05 AM

Good to see some movement on this. Makes sense to start with the shortest first, and do the remaining two together later. I'm pretty sure all three towers are connected at podium level, though, so it'll be interesting to see how they do it.

Come See My Work: Mississauga Future Skyline Model | Pan-Canadian Future Skylines Project - Kelowna, Saskatoon, Windsor, London, Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Barrie, Ottawa, Halifax​​​ | Astrophotography Thread

Old Posted Jul 27, 2020, 3:05 AM

I don't see how this development id on Dundas? Isn't this going to be at King & Clarence?

Old Posted Jul 27, 2020, 3:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
I don't see how this development id on Dundas? Isn't this going to be at King & Clarence?
The two larger towers will be at King and Clarence, but the first, smaller tower is technically on Dundas, since the tower is set in the middle of the block with a podium that extends out and fills in the empty lot on Dundas street.

Come See My Work: Mississauga Future Skyline Model | Pan-Canadian Future Skylines Project - Kelowna, Saskatoon, Windsor, London, Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Barrie, Ottawa, Halifax​​​ | Astrophotography Thread

Old Posted Jul 27, 2020, 10:34 AM

The mailing address for the mall that used to be on that site was 195 Dundas. I believe the developer changed the plans for the narrow lot fronting Dundas though, and it will be left open outside and finished off as a complement to Dundas Place. Rather than covered in as an extended lobby to the building which will be basically behind the neighbouring buildings.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2020, 4:46 PM

If Ayerswood is in fact moving ahead with this 25 floor tower first phase it will be interesting to see who will be building it. They currently don't have a construction team so they would need to contract out the work. Concrete Forming is currently booked out to a number of Old Oak sites. So don't think they have any capacity. Ellis-Don could do it, but they are pricey. York has a number of projects underway and have likely hired up alot of experienced workers. Tricar and Drewlo already have their crews. So Ayerswood would need to find workers for this. This is highly specialized work and you need experienced foreman to run the teams.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2020, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer139 View Post
If Ayerswood is in fact moving ahead with this 25 floor tower first phase it will be interesting to see who will be building it. They currently don't have a construction team so they would need to contract out the work. Concrete Forming is currently booked out to a number of Old Oak sites. So don't think they have any capacity. Ellis-Don could do it, but they are pricey. York has a number of projects underway and have likely hired up alot of experienced workers. Tricar and Drewlo already have their crews. So Ayerswood would need to find workers for this. This is highly specialized work and you need experienced foreman to run the teams.
You forgot to put “they should really be building this 85 stories high”.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2020, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTallNorth2 View Post
You forgot to put “they should really be building this 85 stories high”.
Haha! 85 would be out of place. I'm happy this went up to 25 from the original 19.

Hopefully the other two can have similar increases - especially as there is no one to shadow on (and maybe there is bonusing as part of the lawsuit going away, lol). Maybe 37 and 45 would be nice high density for that central part of town.

I also wonder if the Feds will be involved as they are with Centro as part of the National Homes strategy or whatever it is... I mean while everyone is printing money at full speed I'm sure the developers would be inquiring about potential "investments".

Last edited by TallerIsBetter; Jul 27, 2020 at 7:57 PM.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2020, 9:18 PM

Render from this weekends LPF piece

Old Posted Aug 3, 2020, 5:33 PM
The Vomit Bag.

what the hell is the beigey-brown stuff for?

Old Posted Aug 3, 2020, 11:15 PM

Ya, the beige stuff looks kind of odd but the devil is in the details. If it's beige it would look weird but a rich brown brick or wood would give the building some character. As for the building themselves, they are not masterpieces but still relatively attractive and have a good base and pedestrian interaction.

I still don't see the 10 story building part.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2020, 3:27 AM

Quote:
Ya, the beige stuff looks kind of odd but the devil is in the details. If it's beige it would look weird but a rich brown brick or wood would give the building some character. As for the building themselves, they are not masterpieces but still relatively attractive and have a good base and pedestrian interaction.

I still don't see the 10 story building part.
I don't recall a 10s being part of this.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 12:40 AM

The asphalt where the 25s will stand has been peeled off. The planning document doesn't show any underground parking under the tower so would not expect to see a deep excavation for the foundation.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 4:32 AM

I thought this site already had underground parking from the old London Mews and they simply paved over top of it?

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 12:34 PM

The London Mews did have underground parking. When it was torn down the underground parking was dug out and the hole was filled in to create a surface parking lot. New proposed project will have to excavate it all back out again. Hopefully Ayerswood goes ahead with it and goes 3-4 levels deep and puts up a pair of 40+ towers. The location and timing has never been better for some really tall towers.

Quote:
I thought this site already had underground parking from the old London Mews and they simply paved over top of it?

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 4:26 PM

I agree, hopefully they go taller with the next phase. Since they made the smaller tower 25s from 19s originally, I think it bodes well for an increase to the other two. It's definitely high time for a 40s+ tower in London and this is the perfect spot.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates