HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 16, 2006, 8:12 PM
Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenW
This link: http://www2.arcproperties.com/graphi..._Baltimore.pdf

Says that 10 IH will be a 60 story tower at 1.6 million sq. ft.!
Sounds good!

How recent is that?
I know any day now we gotta be seeing renderings for 10IH.

Chicago just got great news and it is looking even more likely that their 2000' spire will be done. Our news for Bmore will/should happen soon.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2006, 11:01 PM
Baltimore

Where is Canton Crossing (the new 1st Mariner building on the East side) on Emporis? What Baltimore rank building is it? For some reason I can't find it, I thought I had this issue before. .... Anyone know? look on emporis...

Old Posted Nov 23, 2006, 12:38 AM
Baltimore's Rep in SC.

Not sure where it's at, "if" it's listed at all.

It's a 17 story office building at 330 ft. tall, I believe. So, somewhere around that height measurement you may find it.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2006, 2:46 AM
MDParrotHead

Old Posted Nov 23, 2006, 5:10 AM
Baltimore

Thanks Marc, but that goes right to the building, I wanted to see where it was when you look in Baltimore High Rise Buildings (all) and see it on the list with all of the other Baltimore buildings by height. It should be on there, but I can't find it. I can click on your link and it takes me to the actual building, but I can't see it on the list..... Steven, don't you work with Emporis or know one of the people who actually updates it?

I thought a couple months ago it was on there, on the rankings of all Bmore highrises, but now I don't see it. I like looking at what buildings are what and relative to other buildings with other heights..... not finding Canton Crossing (I think it that's what it was called on Emporis, but not it's called 1st Mariner Bank Tower it appears on Emporis. I will try to look for it again on the list but it's bugging the shite out of me

Edit: I found it, it's number 130 in the back of the list where they start to rank them by floors (it's with other buildings that have 17 floors) when they don't have the official height. That is silly, they need to get the official height of it and move it up the list towards the beginning where the buildings are ranked by height. If Steven is right and it is 330 ft. , it should be tied for 20th tallest, so if they made it #21 it would be the top building on the 2nd page.

Last edited by Ktulured55; Nov 23, 2006 at 5:17 AM.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2006, 4:02 PM
Baltimore's Rep in SC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulured55
Thanks Marc, but that goes right to the building, I wanted to see where it was when you look in Baltimore High Rise Buildings (all) and see it on the list with all of the other Baltimore buildings by height. It should be on there, but I can't find it. I can click on your link and it takes me to the actual building, but I can't see it on the list..... Steven, don't you work with Emporis or know one of the people who actually updates it?

I thought a couple months ago it was on there, on the rankings of all Bmore highrises, but now I don't see it. I like looking at what buildings are what and relative to other buildings with other heights..... not finding Canton Crossing (I think it that's what it was called on Emporis, but not it's called 1st Mariner Bank Tower it appears on Emporis. I will try to look for it again on the list but it's bugging the shite out of me

Edit: I found it, it's number 130 in the back of the list where they start to rank them by floors (it's with other buildings that have 17 floors) when they don't have the official height. That is silly, they need to get the official height of it and move it up the list towards the beginning where the buildings are ranked by height. If Steven is right and it is 330 ft. , it should be tied for 20th tallest, so if they made it #21 it would be the top building on the 2nd page.
No, I don't "work" for Emporis. I just report updated info for to them via their editors.

You can go to the Baltimore page and contact their Baltimore people and inform them of this. They won't mind. Although you may have to offer them some "proof" of height stats.

BTW, Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!

Old Posted Nov 24, 2006, 6:58 PM
Baltimore

Haha, the only proof I have of it's height is your post 4 posts ago!

I don't know if they would except that.

At any rate, it's a building that is done and whoever the Baltimore reps for Emporis are I would think would know that it is a building with significant height and should find it out so they can update the site.

It would also give us more points on the skyline ranking. For all of the buildings with no official height listed I don't think we would get any points for.

I hope your Thanksgiving was well! Mine was

Old Posted Nov 24, 2006, 10:01 PM
Baltimore's Rep in SC.

Yes, my Thanksgiving was good, thanks.
btw, a lot of the "listed" buildings on Emporis are repeated, even.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2006, 4:52 PM
Baltimore

10IH update

I have heard from my contact at ArcW about 10IH. They are not close to the final plans yet because they are still figuring out the best way to mix the space between hotel, retail, and condos.

I'm trying to think what could be taking so long... I have an idea that maybe they will put in more retail than they thought originally because I think a lot of chains may want a downtown Baltimore store, that and maybe how big to make the hotel. Whatever they do with that stuff, they will use the rest for condos. So I'm assuming that the hold up is on what and how much retail and also what hotel still. Maybe there is a certain 'set' amount of condos they want to sell and so the more retail they get in there and the bigger the hotel may be, the taller this building will be. They probably had to make the original design/rendering to get the approval. After they have the final one, they will just get one more final approval.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2006, 9:29 PM
Baltimore's Rep in SC.

Thanks, Ktulured55! I'll be sure to pass on the info over at ssc.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2006, 10:17 PM
grizzled

Quote:

Yes, my Thanksgiving was good, thanks.
btw, a lot of the "listed" buildings on Emporis are repeated, even.
What do you mean by "repeated"?

Old Posted Nov 27, 2006, 10:30 PM
Baltimore

I'm not totally sure what he meant by that either. I think he means that the same building in a few cases may be on the list twice. (if they updated the site and forgot to take off the old version of the same building I'd guess, but I'm not sure)

In any case, Emporis does need to clean up the Baltimore buildings and get some more official heights of buildings that are already completed.

No problem Steven!

....btw.. the first part of my post was what I got from the contact, the entire 2nd part was just my opinion of WHY the delay... b

But it sounds like they are working diligently on it all though

Old Posted Nov 27, 2006, 11:32 PM
grizzled

There shouldn't be any duplicates on the Baltimore list, I was working on that a year ago. If there are, please provide the links and I'll look into it. In the last year, our guys got the heights for the Hilton & the Vue, and I added the data collected by Wada_Guy on the Water Street condos. Unfortunately, we have only so much time, and I'm not physically in Baltimore. E-mail and phone call solicitations for height data don't usually bear fruit.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2006, 9:45 PM
Baltimore's Rep in SC.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by altfelix
There shouldn't be any duplicates on the Baltimore list, I was working on that a year ago. If there are, please provide the links and I'll look into it. In the last year, our guys got the heights for the Hilton & the Vue, and I added the data collected by Wada_Guy on the Water Street condos. Unfortunately, we have only so much time, and I'm not physically in Baltimore. E-mail and phone call solicitations for height data don't usually bear fruit.
Well, at least it's good to know your here to find out a lot of information. As for the "list", well, when I get some more time I'll look into the "repeats". Maybe they have been fixed. For the first thing though, Baltimore's building count is not 317. It's probably a typo, but it says, "317", rather than 217. Plus the 200 east pratt street address use to be in there at least twice.
One had the height and floor info, the other, several pages into it, had just the floors. Stuff like that.

Thanks, for your work on the Baltimore page. It's good to know you're around the site. Plus, skyscrapercity.com has a lot of great info, too.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2006, 10:25 PM
grizzled

Quote:
Well, at least it's good to know your here to find out a lot of information. As for the "list", well, when I get some more time I'll look into the "repeats". Maybe they have been fixed. For the first thing though, Baltimore's building count is not 317. It's probably a typo, but it says, "317", rather than 217. Plus the 200 east pratt street address use to be in there at least twice.
One had the height and floor info, the other, several pages into it, had just the floors. Stuff like that.

Thanks, for your work on the Baltimore page. It's good to know you're around the site. Plus, skyscrapercity.com has a lot of great info, too.
Sure, I don't mind helping, but I have limited time, so I don't regularly read messageboards either here or at Skyscrapercity. It just takes too much time. If there are big announcements that aren't on Emporis within a week, please e-mail me directly. I'm on the Local Editorial Staff page, the fourth and last name on the list.

The 317 number refers to all buildings that are on the Baltimore pages, not just high-rises. This includes some buildings under 12 floors/115 feet along with some churches, open-air structures, stadiums, etc... The number is always growing, and I'm pretty certain (90%) Baltimore is fully-covered when it comes to existing high-rises, though I did find and add the 12-story Allendale in West Baltimore a couple of months ago. I try to keep up-to-date with new high-rise building proposals (as long as they're not entirely conceptual, and have at least some technical data), but I do miss things every now and then. I've been working on the Maryland suburbs of DC as of late.

There are two 300 East Pratt buildings in the database (I assume you mean 300, not 200). One was proposed before 2003, the other proposed this year. They are different enough that they deserve separate entries. One is listed as 'Never Built', the other as 'Proposed'.

Once again, happy to help.

Last edited by altfelix; Nov 29, 2006 at 10:48 PM.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2006, 10:26 PM
Baltimore

Thanks for any info AltF.

But what would we have to do to have them fix it? 1st Mariner building is actually the 20th tallest building. What if it was in the top 3? Height is not important? Emporis is a great site, and it seems they would want to know any piece of info to have their site as accurate as possible. What would we have to do to have someone 'fix' the Baltimore, MD section and make sure that it is accurate?

Btw.... I think Water St. is Topped Out. They are putting up a lot of bricks on the outside still and I think have 4 or 5 floors done with the bricks.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2006, 10:42 PM
grizzled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulured55
Thanks for any info AltF.

But what would we have to do to have them fix it? 1st Mariner building is actually the 20th tallest building. What if it was in the top 3? Height is not important? Emporis is a great site, and it seems they would want to know any piece of info to have their site as accurate as possible. What would we have to do to have someone 'fix' the Baltimore, MD section and make sure that it is accurate?

Btw.... I think Water St. is Topped Out. They are putting up a lot of bricks on the outside still and I think have 4 or 5 floors done with the bricks.
Sure, if we had an active editor somewhere between North Carolina & New Jersey, it would be easier. I'm physically in the Twin Cities, working primarily on midwestern states (IN,IA,KY,MN,MO,OH). I travel often enough to DC that I've tried to work on the District, MD (save Ocean City), and NOVA as well.

What's the source for "20th tallest in Baltimore". In reality, we need to be able to have good confidence that the data is valid. Unfortunately, given the nature of messageboards, where anyone can be anyone and say anything, we can't use a message posted here as the source for data. I'd hate to compound the problem by adding data that's questionable. It's much better to leave it blank when it's not trustworthy.

Maintaining a database that cites all sources for all technical data is very difficult. Many suspicious heights remain, like the Marriott in Baltimore. I don't believe it's as tall as 420 feet, and we don't have the source of the value, I think it creeped in through the World Almanac some years back. It's always a work in progress, and there's so much yet to be done, for sure.

Isn't there a pyramidal section yet to be added to the top of 414?

Old Posted Nov 29, 2006, 10:59 PM
Baltimore

I"m not sure about the section to be added to 414 Water St. , but it is looking good!

I don't have anything totally accurate other than Steven somehow suggested it's height to be 330ft which would put it right at 20th or the same as 19th ranked Wachovia Tower really. I emailed the emoris support to let them know of it. I don't know who reads them, but hopefully someone who can find out.

It seems that the bigger cities have more of their stuff together when it comes to the building data, Baltimore should not be any different. I would think that in the actual building design that the design would reveal the exact height of a building and so it shouldn't be a hard number to find if the developer or contractor is contacted. I'd think with hundreds of thousands of buildings being kept track of, whenever a building is complete (or even before then) that emporis gets its numbers from somewhere... why would other buildings be different? you know?

Old Posted Nov 29, 2006, 11:10 PM
Baltimore's Rep in SC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altfelix
Sure, if we had an active editor somewhere between North Carolina & New Jersey, it would be easier. I'm physically in the Twin Cities, working primarily on midwestern states (IN,IA,KY,MN,MO,OH). I travel often enough to DC that I've tried to work on the District, MD (save Ocean City), and NOVA as well.

What's the source for "20th tallest in Baltimore". In reality, we need to be able to have good confidence that the data is valid. Unfortunately, given the nature of messageboards, where anyone can be anyone and say anything, we can't use a message posted here as the source for data. I'd hate to compound the problem by adding data that's questionable. It's much better to leave it blank when it's not trustworthy.

Maintaining a database that cites all sources for all technical data is very difficult. Many suspicious heights remain, like the Marriott in Baltimore. I don't believe it's as tall as 420 feet, and we don't have the source of the value, I think it creeped in through the World Almanac some years back. It's always a work in progress, and there's so much yet to be done, for sure.

Isn't there a pyramidal section yet to be added to the top of 414?
Yes, a pyramidal top will be added. Total height at 341 ft.
I'll try to get some, "official" height numbers for the 1st Mariner Tower. Though I'm sure it is 330 ft.
And, if I had to guess an accurate height to the Marriott Tower, itr would be at 360 ft. tall. It's definately not 430 ft. as listed in the almanac.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2006, 10:27 PM
Baltimore

my email from Emporis

Thank you very much for your request. Could you please send us the link of the
listing where the building shows up? We will check the data and correct it as
soon as possible.

kind regards
Emporis Support Team

This came from Germany. That must be where the emporis tekkies are.
Hopefully they will take care of it.

Yeah, I didn't mention anything about the marriot go, but try to find out.
We can't have false data on our city! That sucks!

They need to get on it!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations