HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 7:12 PM

Apartment tower planned at western edge of Fulton Market

Quote:
A Texas developer is planning a 300-unit apartment tower at Fulton Market and Ogden Avenue, a major project that would push real estate development to the western edge of the fast-changing neighborhood.

High Street Residential, a subsidiary of Dallas-based developer Trammel Crow, plans an 18-story luxury apartment tower at 1375 W. Fulton Market, said David Gamperl, one of the parcel's owners. The 39,000-square-foot site is currently a surface parking lot.
Source: http://www.chicagobusiness.com/reale...partment-tower

Very happy to see this area getting some spillover development from Fulton Market. The Ashland Green Line corridor seems like a great place to invest in right now.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 7:48 PM

if you were a development firm you would be insane not to be trying to get into that market right around..... THERE

Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 11:01 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithakas View Post
Source: http://www.chicagobusiness.com/reale...partment-tower

Very happy to see this area getting some spillover development from Fulton Market. The Ashland Green Line corridor seems like a great place to invest in right now.
I'm happy to see this, right now Ogden is such a disappointing street with almost no retail or mixed use anywhere, just parking lots and industrial/institutional shitboxes. Considering it was supposed to be a Parisian-style boulevard, any mixed-use development is welcome news, even if this is somewhat out-of-scale.

Ashland Green Line is unfortunately a rather sketchy station, with public housing nearby and an addiction/methadone clinic right there. Both of those things are unlikely to change despite development pressures.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcp View Post
Will that damn good looking mid rise displace the McDonald's ? Hard to tell from this RENDER but I sure hope so...still looks like a curb cut there...
It looks like the McDonald's drive through remains...

Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 11:16 PM
The City

^ Out of scale? Indeed you are turning NIMBY on us

I agree about Ogden. So much untapped potential. Could be a great boulevard, the south side version of Milwaukee Ave

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 1:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
I'm happy to see this, right now Ogden is such a disappointing street with almost no retail or mixed use anywhere, just parking lots and industrial/institutional shitboxes. Considering it was supposed to be a Parisian-style boulevard, any mixed-use development is welcome news, even if this is somewhat out-of-scale.

Ashland Green Line is unfortunately a rather sketchy station, with public housing nearby and an addiction/methadone clinic right there. Both of those things are unlikely to change despite development pressures.
I work a block or two from this location. They just paved the parking lot there. I'm a bit skeptical that this particular area will be a desirable place to live for a matter of years. It's quite a distance from the hot part of Fulton Market and you have no walking access to any grocery stores or corner stores for that matter. That said the rumor is that Facebook is going to be a couple blocks away hopefully in Fulton West http://www.sterlingbay.com/portfolio...ty/fulton-west . And GlassDoor will for sure be in that building. But I think as a new residential property that block is like the wild west. As cool as it may be to see that be built I'd be skeptical that leasing it will be an easy task.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 1:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
^ Out of scale? Indeed you are turning NIMBY on us

I agree about Ogden. So much untapped potential. Could be a great boulevard, the south side version of Milwaukee Ave
Umm, Ogden only runs through the West Side and parts of Near North. A better analogy for a possible South/SW side Milwaukee Ave would be Archer Ave, but all the auto uses on the street makes it more challenging.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 1:20 AM
Development Shill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcp View Post
Will that damn good looking mid rise displace the McDonald's ? Hard to tell from this RENDER but I sure hope so...still looks like a curb cut there...
RENDER-ing

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 1:25 AM

I get the whole grammar Nazis suck thing, but it's like calling a drawing a draw... Or "I'm so good at draw buildings"...

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 2:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSTaylor View Post
I work a block or two from this location. They just paved the parking lot there. I'm a bit skeptical that this particular area will be a desirable place to live for a matter of years. It's quite a distance from the hot part of Fulton Market and you have no walking access to any grocery stores or corner stores for that matter. That said the rumor is that Facebook is going to be a couple blocks away hopefully in Fulton West http://www.sterlingbay.com/portfolio...ty/fulton-west . And GlassDoor will for sure be in that building. But I think as a new residential property that block is like the wild west. As cool as it may be to see that be built I'd be skeptical that leasing it will be an easy task.
Just paved the parking lot and rehabbed an old kind-of-cool building on the NW corner of the lot. I assumed the parking was for Blue Plate Catering after they move in across the street.

And who called the Ashland Green/Pink Line stop sketchy?

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 2:16 AM

Does anyone know what's being built directly in front of the new Malcolm X College? A lot of activity there. Is it the Blackhawks training facility? Seems like two lots are being developed so I wasn't sure if it's just that.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 3:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeAgain View Post
Does anyone know what's being built directly in front of the new Malcolm X College? A lot of activity there. Is it the Blackhawks training facility? Seems like two lots are being developed so I wasn't sure if it's just that.
If that's at Ogden, then yes.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 4:04 AM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy34 View Post
Umm, Ogden only runs through the West Side and parts of Near North. A better analogy for a possible South/SW side Milwaukee Ave would be Archer Ave, but all the auto uses on the street makes it more challenging.
My bad, I indeed was thinking about Archer Ave

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 4:35 AM

What do you guys think are the chances are of the Gateway Tower being constructed?

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 4:46 AM
MPLSXCHI

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfishy View Post
What do you guys think are the chances are of the Gateway Tower being constructed?
zero

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 5:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchymunch View Post
zero

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 8:54 AM
Chicago

Hotel EMC2 - 228 E Ontario

September 27, 2016

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 8:55 AM
Chicago

Aurélien - 833 N Clark

September 27, 2016

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 8:56 AM
Chicago

No. 9 Walton - 9 W Walton

September 27, 2016

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 8:57 AM
Chicago

Next - 347 W Chestnut

September 27, 2016

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations