HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jul 12, 2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Thanks Airhero for the rundown on the City Creek/Grandview Peak area.

This purchase by Held Properties of the formerly proposed VOID site should be interesting. This family has developed, owned, and or more recently unloaded a number of Class A 'medical services related properties'. All of their property dealings in the Los Angeles area have been located among L.A's most pricey locales. One, such as the UCLA Medical Center, which they have sold, is about as exclusive a property as one can own in Los Angeles. It would seem that their currently owned properties are both large, and located among some of the priciest real estate in Century City and Santa Monica.

It was just the other day when one of us, I can't remember who, was lamenting the lack of offices/services related to the medical field in the CBD. I'm anticipating or at least hoping that these new owners are about to develop a Class A "Medical Center" Downtown. That I think would be a fantastic prospect, not to mention a needed missing piece of service for the Downtown Area.

Perhaps, it would be a development that is symbiotic with the U. of U., like so many medical services developments that have been constructed in recent years. I get the impression that Held Properties is flush with capital, and have been waiting out one of the worst real estate cycles in decades long history. It would seem that they are ready to get back into the game, and Salt Lake City's CBD is prime for their niche of development. That niche being Class A Commercial, Medical Services Development. Hopefully, it will be at least a ten story, attractive contemporary structure for that important corner...
I like this idea a lot. I'm going to guess that they do something similar to the Void Center. Hotel and office. I'm also guessing that given the encomy and demand, they will want to move fast on developing whatever it is they have in mind...but then again it's still the empty void center lot for a reason. But oh to imagine

Last edited by EPdesign; Jul 12, 2017 at 12:23 PM.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
Also, about the Hardware District site, I absolutely LOVE the design of the townhomes!! The rendering of the apartment buildings look good, too. I can't wait to see it thriving and fully developed! That development plus the 4th West apartments provide a massive addition.

I think there's a missed opportunity for at least a few retail locations, but I'll take the density any day.
I bet this project and Marmalade will push for the residential developments to continue the properties in between these two major development sites

Also...I do appreciate that on the structure that is up, that the facade will be designed to appear as if it's different buildings of the same height. I hope the execution of it turns out well.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2017, 2:03 PM
SLC Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPdesign View Post
I like this idea a lot. I'm going to guess that they do something similar to the Void Center. Hotel and office. I'm also guessing that given the encomy and demand, they will want to move fast on developing whatever it is they have in mind...but then again it's still the empty void center lot for a reason. But oh to imagine
Yeah this new ownership group is very promising as they are actual developers. The Void/Air guys were not. They effectively flipped the property for profit ad I wonder if that was the plan all along. The Helds will build.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2017, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvland View Post
Yeah this new ownership group is very promising as they are actual developers. The Void/Air guys were not. They effectively flipped the property for profit ad I wonder if that was the plan all along. The Helds will build.
I hope they do. There's lots of companies relying on them to deliver.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2017, 4:46 PM

I'm not counting on Held being interested in Residential or Hotel. Only reason I am thinking that is because all of their properties in Los Angeles and the Phoenix area over the past few decades have been commercial office space, most of which have been related to the Medical field. This seems to be their field of expertise, and I think Downtown could definitely use a Class A Medical Center. I'm thinking something like the new Dixon Building development going up in Sugar House. Hopefully, for that 4th S. W. Temple corner even taller than the Dixon Development

Rendering of the southeast corner of the Dixon Building. Image courtesy Salt Lake City.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2017, 5:40 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMK View Post
The marquee is down

So is the new one going to be even bigger then? I don’t know if im looking forward to that... that thing use to light up my bedroom at night sometimes... probably be cool to look at when awake though.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2017, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
So is the new one going to be even bigger then? I don’t know if im looking forward to that... that thing use to light up my bedroom at night sometimes... probably be cool to look at when awake though.
Not really, it will be about the same size but a circle.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 12:20 AM

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
I'm not counting on Held being interested in Residential or Hotel. Only reason I am thinking that is because all of their properties in Los Angeles and the Phoenix area over the past few decades have been commercial office space, most of which have been related to the Medical field. This seems to be their field of expertise, and I think Downtown could definitely use a Class A Medical Center. I'm thinking something like the new Dixon Building development going up in Sugar House. Hopefully, for that 4th S. W. Temple corner even taller than the Dixon Development

Rendering of the southeast corner of the Dixon Building. Image courtesy Salt Lake City.
Side note, now that this project won't include the U clinic, Mecham may sell this project.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 2:11 AM

I still find it hard to believe that an LA summer olympics would help a SLC bid around the same time

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=44987241&ni...-lake-olympics

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 4:37 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
I still find it hard to believe that an LA summer olympics would help a SLC bid around the same time

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=44987241&ni...-lake-olympics
LA is a shithole and they don't deserve the summer games. Why don't we just have gangland war zone chicago host while we are at it. Kiss Salt Lake hosting winter any time soon good bye.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 4:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportvids View Post
LA is a shithole and they don't deserve the summer games. Why don't we just have gangland war zone chicago host while we are at it. Kiss Salt Lake hosting winter any time soon good bye.
This might help you

Call me in the morning.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 5:12 AM
The Drifter

I wish I could upvote and downvote comments from time to time on this site.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 5:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportvids View Post
Please stop posting. Please.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 6:06 AM
A.K.A. Vigo

It’s looking like somthing was done about the panhandlers standing outside of the gateway parking garage exits. Not sure if the city got involved or what happened there. I always found it odd that they were not allowed to stand at the City Creek parking exits but were at gateway... say what you will about the freedom to panhandle... I don’t think they should be able to do it anywhere that interferes with traffic, for obvious reasons.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 6:44 AM

airportvids is just intent on making as many inappropriate and confrontational posts as possible. Any response is just feeding the troll until he can get banned.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 7:43 AM
They all float down here

Oh boy.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 8:01 AM
BANNED

Unless you are rich and can live in a nice and safe parts of town, and have lived and see the mostly bad parts you guys don't know the LA area like I do. Crime is out of control, hell, that city can't go a week without a police chase. LA is very polluted with the worst air year round. It's over priced,Too crowded, and freaky with nearby cities like Compton, Downy, North Long Beach that have major gang issues and that white people would be unsafe walking the streets even in daylight is not an area I would bring my kids to that's for sure. Im not trying to troll, just speaking what ive seen first hand. Like I said. It's a shit hole and I hate seeing this undeserved city getting the summer games.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 8:21 AM
BANNED

But don't take my word for it...

http://www.rjgeib.com/biography/la-days/la-days.html

And we wonder why so many people from Cali are moving here to Utah. And sadly some of them brought their trashy gangs with them.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 1:55 PM
BANNED

I find it funny that so many times you all yell at airportvids and half the time he yells that hes just going to stop coming on this forum and yet he always comes back on and everything starts to repeat itself

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West