HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 6:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
Evidently, it still is a thing as this is the second time you've purposely trolled this thread and the first time I will have reported this post for trolling. I would expect a little timeout for you.

lol...really. That's all you have. Full stop. REPORTED lmao... on the CFL. For making an opinion.

You cant be serious. NOOO you need a time out...wow.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 8:03 AM

Quote:
Evidently, it still is a thing as this is the second time you've purposely trolled this thread and the first time I will have reported this post for trolling. I would expect a little timeout for you.
Let me add... its people like you that diminish this site. Inflammatory insults and false narratives that make no sense and keep people like me and many away from this Sport site. You wont succeed in your oppression of opinions or views.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Star View Post
Let me add... its people like you that diminish this site. Inflammatory insults and false narratives that make no sense and keep people like me and many away from this Sport site. You wont succeed in your oppression of opinions or views.
A troll won't be missed, nice try trying to play victim. People see what you posted. they'll make the decision whether you're a contributor of value. Pretty obvious who you are isn't who you say you are.

People come to this thread because they enjoy Canadian football, and enjoy discussing it, not to see the provocative trolling comments of a preteen.

I've said my piece those that agree can hit the report post button on your posts if they agree that you're trolling.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 2:38 PM

https://cflnewshub.com/cfl-news/cfl-...p-from-week-6/

Here are the official numbers provided by TSN and BellMedia for Week’s 7 CFL games;

WEEK 7 CFL ON TSN TV RATINGS
– The CFL ON TSN Week 7 games attracted an average audience of 566,000 viewers on TSN, an increase of +29% compared to Week 7 in 2019

– Overall, the 2021 CFL ON TSN season has attracted an average audience of 551,000 viewers, an increase of +14% compared to the same point in the 2019 season

– The Toronto / Saskatchewan game on Friday night was the most-watched game of the week, averaging 684,000 viewers

– Below are the average audiences for CFL ON TSN games this past weekend:

Friday, 9/17: Calgary / Hamilton averaged 496,000 viewers

Friday, 9/17: Toronto / Saskatchewan averaged 684,000 viewers

Saturday, 9/18: BC / Montreal averaged 465,000 viewers

Saturday, 9/18: Winnipeg / Edmonton averaged 593,000 viewers

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 3:11 PM

Hell of a pair of games last night to make up for the rain drenched snore on Wednesday. Maybe the quality of play has turned the corner?

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 6:49 PM
Go Tall or Go Home

BC sure gifted that game to the Riders last night.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 9:27 PM

Two great games last night, probably the best night of football the CFL has had this week. The quality of football this year has largely been atrocious but it seems like most teams - at least those not based in Ottawa - are finally learning how to play the game. Hopefully the trend continues; the League is going to need exciting, competitive football to lure fans out as winter approaches.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 10:02 PM

Argos attendance last night 7758 yikes 😬

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 11:20 AM

But the only way to truly make CFL more entertaining as a league

- Expand the league to a 16 team league (6 more teams in the league at least)...and as far as the cities who I would nominate to get CFL teams would be Halifax, Quebec, Kelowna, Victoria, Windsor and London

- But if not an expansion within Canada, then CFL should merge leagues with the XFL

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
But if not an expansion within Canada, then CFL should merge leagues with the XFL
You should know, that in 60 years, (since the AFL) every alternative regulation American football league has failed. And in that same time some people have speculated on the failure of the CFL and it hasn't. The one time it was close to failure it was able to rebound into a new Golden Age for the league. Even with the pandemic the league is not in danger as it once was.

Why people love to shit on this league (usually without having a clue of its history) is beyond me. I know several have agendas where they hope to see its demise, but wanting something that is/was part of the cultural fabric to die (often in favour of a foreign entity) is really perverse.

What people see as a failure of the CFL is in fact its performance vs its own great history. Ten or so years ago the league had the 6th largest per game average attendance of any league in the world. TV ratings are still strong in the modern marketplace despite being on cable. I don't understand why people feel the need to put the boot in. I could go troll the MLS thread like they used to do here but what purpose does that serve?

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
You should know, that in 60 years, (since the AFL) every alternative regulation American football league has failed. And in that same time some people have speculated on the failure of the CFL and it hasn't. The one time it was close to failure it was able to rebound into a new Golden Age for the league. Even with the pandemic the league is not in danger as it once was.

Why people love to shit on this league (usually without having a clue of its history) is beyond me. I know several have agendas where they hope to see its demise, but wanting something that is/was part of the cultural fabric to die (often in favour of a foreign entity) is really perverse.

What people see as a failure of the CFL is in fact its performance vs its own great history. Ten or so years ago the league had the 6th largest per game average attendance of any league in the world. TV ratings are still strong in the modern marketplace despite being on cable. I don't understand why people feel the need to put the boot in. I could go troll the MLS thread like they used to do here but what purpose does that serve?
I mean you do have good points but I guess it is because people are so used to the NFL as a football league that CFL will always be seen as the red headed step child. It is just the reality of the world we live in especially when it comes to NFL vs CFL.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I mean you do have good points but I guess it is because people are so used to the NFL as a football league that CFL will always be seen as the red headed step child. It is just the reality of the world we live in especially when it comes to NFL vs CFL.
You forget it wasn't always that way, people made it that way. In the mid 70s the CFL was still relatively competitive to the NFL vis a vis salaries. The US TV contracts changed the balance. The NFL as a whole was nothing in Canada for much of its history and frankly only started the larger scale popularity when it started to be aired OTA on CTV. Sadly, it's a Canadian thing, especially in a certain vastly populated market where there is still a large inferiority complex. Even then that's fine if someone prefers the NFL's hype and eye candy but do they have to go out of their way to kick the smaller CFL for no good reason? It's not a good look for them, in what other country would people do that (sabotage their own product for another countrys)

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 1:05 PM

Quote:
You forget it wasn't always that way, people made it that way. In the mid 70s the CFL was still relatively competitive to the NFL vis a vis salaries. The US TV contracts changed the balance. The NFL as a whole was nothing in Canada for much of its history and frankly only started the larger scale popularity when it started to be aired OTA on CTV. Sadly, it's a Canadian thing, especially in a certain vastly populated market where there is still a large inferiority complex. Even then that's fine if someone prefers the NFL's hype and eye candy but do they have to go out of their way to kick the smaller CFL for no good reason? It's not a good look for them, in what other country would people do that (sabotage their own product for another countrys)
Then again that's true and I agree with you that NFL usually looks down on the CFL but that's mainly not just in part due to media and the fans nowadays but it is also because of the fact that people do find the NFL these days to be more exciting in terms of games when watching.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
Hell of a pair of games last night to make up for the rain drenched snore on Wednesday. Maybe the quality of play has turned the corner?
That BC/Sask game was fun to watch. I can't remember the last time I was standing up in my house watching a game but that 3rd & goal where Fajardo scored did it...and I'm not a fan of either team!

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Then again that's true and I agree with you that NFL usually looks down on the CFL but that's mainly not just in part due to media and the fans nowadays but it is also because of the fact that people do find the NFL these days to be more exciting in terms of games when watching.
Don't see any proof that the NFL looks down on the CFL, nor would much of their USA fan base many of whom are true football fans and follow all levels of the game. Sadly and unexplainedly the ones who deride the CFL are mostly in this country. Also don't see any proof that the games themselves are more exciting, in fact I probably can provide much proof to the contrary. It would be interesting to see how different the NFL game would be without the hype, spectacle and betting, probably much like it was in the 80s when nobody in Canada cared.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 2:10 PM

Bombers with the weekend off should be rested and ready for the Lions this Friday night!

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Don't see any proof that the NFL looks down on the CFL, nor would much of their USA fan base many of whom are true football fans and follow all levels of the game. Sadly and unexplainedly the ones who deride the CFL are mostly in this country. Also don't see any proof that the games themselves are more exciting, in fact I probably can provide much proof to the contrary. It would be interesting to see how different the NFL game would be without the hype, spectacle and betting, probably much like it was in the 80s when nobody in Canada cared.
Agreed about everything in what you typed.

I see most of the people who knock the CFL are Canadians. Kind of sad really because both leagues are fun to watch, IMO.

In fact, I love NCAA more than NFL because the atmosphere at those games is wild.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 3:20 PM

Quote:
- Expand the league to a 16 team league (6 more teams in the league at least)...and as far as the cities who I would nominate to get CFL teams would be Halifax, Quebec, Kelowna, Victoria, Windsor and London
Where are you getting the money for these expansions? The stadiums?

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 3:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSPC View Post
Where are you getting the money for these expansions? The stadiums?
Exactly.

Let's focus on Atlantic Canada first before we add 6 more teams.

In fact, lets focus on getting the CFL back on track and getting Canadians back into the league (young and old) before we talk expansion, IMO.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2021, 11:19 PM
Community Guy

^exactly.

Should be a good match tonight between the Elks and RRs.

Edmonton has the edge and SHOULD win.

GO ELKS GO

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada