HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 5:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
Have there been any hints that might happen? I love O.H.S.O., but their expansion strategy has been to head northeast from their original location in Arcadia. I've love to see them come southwest to downtown.
No that's just my wishful thinking The closest hint I ever saw was the original design concepts for a brewery in the Convention Center but I'm sure that was just an example of what could possibly go there.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 5:18 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
No that's just my wishful thinking The closest hint I ever saw was the original design concepts for a brewery in the Convention Center but I'm sure that was just an example of what could possibly go there.
I share your wish. The DeSoto space just cries out to be a brewery.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 5:19 PM

That space is expensive, wonder if OHSO would ever bite on a lease that large. If you saw a brewery there I think it more likely would be a taproom from a very established business local or not - think Four Peaks/Modern Times/etc.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2020, 1:50 AM
self-important urbanista

Another brewery I'd love to see come to Downtown is Fate, which currently has two locations in Scottsdale and one in Tempe.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2020, 7:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
Another brewery I'd love to see come to Downtown is Fate, which currently has two locations in Scottsdale and one in Tempe.
Yes!! Fate is so good. Love the Hatch Chili Gatos. Also hoping that PHX Brewing or whatever they are called now (was Phoenix Ale) comes downtown. I’m sure they are planning to. Can’t be PHX brewing and not have a downtown location!

Old Posted Jan 8, 2020, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Yes!! Fate is so good. Love the Hatch Chili Gatos. Also hoping that PHX Brewing or whatever they are called now (was Phoenix Ale) comes downtown. I’m sure they are planning to. Can’t be PHX brewing and not have a downtown location!
Ditto on the Hatch Chili. Takes just like a chile relleno!

Old Posted Jan 8, 2020, 10:16 PM
Skyriser

Old Posted Jan 9, 2020, 6:31 PM

Hob Nobs closed December 22nd and will re-open in a new location (rumors are Thomas & Central somewhere) under a new name. The former Hob Nobs space at the SEC of McDowell Rd & 3rd Ave will be occupied by Luana's Coffee & Beer set to open this month.

https://www.facebook.com/luanascoffe...type=3&theater

Old Posted Jan 9, 2020, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_PHX View Post
Hob Nobs closed December 22nd and will re-open in a new location (rumors are Thomas & Central somewhere) under a new name. The former Hob Nobs space at the SEC of McDowell Rd & 3rd Ave will be occupied by Luana's Coffee & Beer set to open this month.

https://www.facebook.com/luanascoffe...type=3&theater
Really cool building, happy its turning into something right away and not just being empty.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2020, 4:16 PM

Having breakfast at Snooze in the Stewart. Impressed so far. As I was coming down, I noticed a pending Liquor License posted on the building at 829 N 1st Ave.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2020, 4:41 PM

On the liquor licensing site nothing comes up on First Avenue either fulfilled or pending. I searched the address, the zip code, and used google chrome to search "1st" but found nothing on the list. Curiously this came up:

90228 Restaurant PASADO
909 N 1ST Street
PHOENIX, 85004
Maricopa 12/27/2019

Old Posted Jan 10, 2020, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical in Phoenix View Post
Having breakfast at Snooze in the Stewart. Impressed so far. As I was coming down, I noticed a pending Liquor License posted on the building at 829 N 1st Ave.
That's a cool 2-story building. I wonder if the new retail would take up the entire space and both floors? Seems like a big place for one bar...maybe a new brewery!?

Old Posted Jan 10, 2020, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical in Phoenix View Post
I thought that building had been remodeled into offices

Old Posted Jan 10, 2020, 6:00 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
I thought that building had been remodeled into offices
Correct. It's part of the Hardware Store creative offices development that was recently completed along with those single floor offices to the South of it behind the Stewart (forgot what they used to be called). Not sure what's planned there if they are indeed seeking a liquor permit. I can't find anything on it.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2020, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
Correct. It's part of the Hardware Store creative offices development that was recently completed along with those single floor offices to the South of it behind the Stewart (forgot what they used to be called). Not sure what's planned there if they are indeed seeking a liquor permit. I can't find anything on it.
Went back and took some pictures of the pending license. Will try to get them uploaded later.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2020, 2:10 PM
self-important urbanista

College Bar is back in business with a new location on Mill:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...ow/4422902002/

Old Posted Jan 11, 2020, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
https://www.phoenix.gov/cityclerk/se...gular/new-apps

Look under District 7 in the link above. It's called Barcoa. What's also interesting and news to me anyway is a new restaurant called Pasado at the Palabra building as well as a second location for Pa'La on Washington Street.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2020, 11:47 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chestnut1 View Post

Look under District 7 in the link above. It's called Barcoa. What's also interesting and news to me anyway is a new restaurant called Pasado at the Palabra building as well as a second location for Pa'La on Washington Street.
Yup, I was looking on in District 7. Strange how I missed it. Thanks for the info!

Old Posted Jan 12, 2020, 12:52 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chestnut1 View Post

Very useful link. Thanks for sharing. As for Pasado, that sounds like an expansion of what is currently happening in that building. Right now, Futuro serves creative, Latin-influenced coffee and pastry throughout the week. On Sundays only, Pasado serves dishes like tamales, mole, and posole. Perhaps the liquor license is a precursor to expanding the hours, or maybe it's so customers of Palabra can sip a mimosa while having their hair cut. Either way, I really like what's going on there.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2020, 4:04 AM

Went to the Cambria for a drink on the roof last night. Great view, and a nice crowd. Went to Josephine's after. It's a bit spendy (not the worst by a stretch), but I'll be dam*ed if every bit wasn't perfect. Don't go here for low-priced giant portions, but I can't remember a bite that wasn't totally original and just great. Nice addition to downtown.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest