HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Nov 19, 2008, 2:07 PM
arf

I think Arrivista has been reading too much Eckhart Tolle.

Which brings me to my question: how come Oprah yields so much power in this world? Seriously. I bet if she said that everyone needs to throw themselves off the Empire State Building, they would have to shut down all incoming traffic to the island to prevent the death toll from reaching millions.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Nov 19, 2008, 2:23 PM
Mooderator

True... I know authors become instant bestsellers if she mentions their book on her show. That's power.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2008, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirjtc2 View Post
Damn...I just went to CJAY's website and looked at their playlist for the day.

I will never complain about the stations in Fredericton again.
Yup, CJAY blows. Calgary suffers from a serious lack of good rock stations. I noticed from my frequent visits to Edmonton that the situation is better for radio up there.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2008, 3:49 PM
I am a typical

Is Labatt Crystal worth saving?

Apparently, its Thunder Bay's beer. I guess we can't afford real beer.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2008, 4:02 PM
Mooderator

^ I heard they took that off the market after all those hillbillies went blind?

Here's a burning question - What's with the recent spike in asshole-like activity on this forum? Everyone seems more irritable than usual.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2008, 4:06 PM
I am a typical

No, they still make it but its only sold in NWO because this is the only place they can actually sell it. But they're "re-evaluating" it, and if sales don't pick up considerably they're going to stop making it. A local radio station is having a big "party" to show people how much we like it, they're encouraging people to send in pictures of their "Labatt Crystal Moments". I've got a great one of some Indians sleeping in a bush for them!!

Old Posted Nov 19, 2008, 4:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild wild west View Post
Yup, CJAY blows. Calgary suffers from a serious lack of good rock stations. I noticed from my frequent visits to Edmonton that the situation is better for radio up there.
Nah.. you're dreaming. Sonic turned into another retarded chart-rock station a couple years ago. The Bear is probably worse than CJAY, the only redeeming station as far as mainstream rock goes is K-97, and they too are either hit-or-miss.

for me, it's either CJSR, CKUA, or CBC Radio 3.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2008, 4:12 PM
I am a typical

Anyone use Hypem?

Old Posted Nov 19, 2008, 5:16 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
^ I heard they took that off the market after all those hillbillies went blind?

Here's a burning question - What's with the recent spike in asshole-like activity on this forum? Everyone seems more irritable than usual.

Assholism begats assholism. Once it begins, it cannot be stopped. Root causes? I am going to go with the increasingly shitty weather and shitty economic situation. People are circling the wagons, focusing on their kin and kind, and closing off outsiders and outside perspectives. Also, I would submit that prolonged exposure to Nickelback and Ben Mulroney begats assholism.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2008, 5:19 PM
Change is good

This thread makes me thankful that there's Sonic here in edmonton

http://radiosonic.fm

Old Posted Nov 19, 2008, 5:20 PM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
I would submit that prolonged exposure to Nickelback and Ben Mulroney begats assholism.
Well. We know whose fault *that* is.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2008, 5:21 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I think Arrivista has been reading too much Eckhart Tolle.

Which brings me to my question: how come Oprah yields so much power in this world? Seriously. I bet if she said that everyone needs to throw themselves off the Empire State Building, they would have to shut down all incoming traffic to the island to prevent the death toll from reaching millions.
Oprah's influence is indeed huge. But so, then is the influence of much worse people, in the forms of Bill O'Reilly (Mr. Asshat extraordinaire), Pat Buchanan and Pat Robertson (with their Ph.D.'s in Asscrackology), Rush Limbaugh (Supreme Assmiral), Sarah Palin (The Ass-inine Mooselini), et al.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2008, 5:26 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
Well. We know whose fault *that* is.

Yeah, that's right, Vid.

I am responsible for Ben Muldoon and Nickelcrap (don't you like them?) saturating the ionosphere.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2008, 5:37 PM
I am a typical

You're the one who keeps posting about them!! If you didn't mention them they'd never come up!

Old Posted Nov 19, 2008, 5:41 PM
The Vomit Bag.

^kinda like Thunder Bay, I guess.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2008, 5:49 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterlooInvestor View Post

OPEN TEXT CLOSED YESTERDAY (NOVEMBER 12, 2008) AS THE 88TH MOST VALUABLE COMPANY ON THE TORONTO STOCK EXCHANGE!!! IT'S CRACKED THE TOP 100!!!

to which I add a heartfelt

Burning Question: why always in boldfaced red? why only "good news" and never bad news? why build forums when you are the only visiter/poster? why?

Last edited by MolsonExport; Nov 19, 2008 at 6:00 PM.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2008, 6:07 PM

Going back to the first page. To put the words AC/DC and Nickelback in the same sentence is disgusting as far as I feel. I'll have a go though...

AC/DC created their own style and sound. They are original and living rock n roll legends that are loved by generations of fans over the past 35+ years. You can't touch these heroes.

Nickelback are unoriginal in style and sound. They are living proof that rock n roll music has gone through a dull patch of talent in the last 10 years and this is why people cling to rock gods over the age of 50. Dinosaur rock n rollers are still the real deal and know how to rock, and the intelligent fans out there know that and appreciate it.

"How could anyone not hate Nickelback?" That's easy, just put on a Pearl Jam record.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2008, 6:07 PM
Change is good

If nobody ever sees or reads the threads, do the threads actually exist?

Old Posted Nov 19, 2008, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overground View Post
Going back to the first page. To put the words AC/DC and Nickelback in the same sentence is disgusting as far as I feel. I'll have a go though...

AC/DC created their own style and sound. They are original and living rock n roll legends that are loved by generations of fans over the past 35+ years. You can't touch these heroes.

Nickelback are unoriginal in style and sound. They are living proof that rock n roll music has gone through a dull patch of talent in the last 10 years and this is why people cling to rock gods over the age of 50. Dinosaur rock n rollers are still the real deal and know how to rock, and the intelligent fans out there know that and appreciate it.

"How could anyone not hate Nickelback?" That's easy, just put on a Pearl Jam record.

AC/DC are indeed legends, but my point is that most of their songs sound the same, one thing people always criticize Nickelback about (which is dumb since most bands are like that), but you're right, the 2 do not compare in any way shape or form.

I'm not sure how to take your last comment, Pearl Jam makes nickelback better? Pearl Jam is awesome and one of my all time favorite bands, they put Nickelback to shame.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2008, 3:53 AM

Sorry, that's what I meant. Pearl Jam, one of my favs, outclasses Nickelback to bits.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada