HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs

Old Posted Mar 7, 2023, 1:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingViking View Post
A crane in Ancaster!... It must be causing all kinds of panic, social upheaval, and general mayhem.
Well button my britches...that crane's been there since the first post of this here thread!
But what say the fine citizens of this burg about the precast walls that are being lowered into place by this here crane? Hmmm?

Old Posted Mar 7, 2023, 3:02 AM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulkvedis Pods View Post
Well button my britches...that crane's been there since the first post of this here thread!
But what say the fine citizens of this burg about the precast walls that are being lowered into place by this here crane? Hmmm?
Yeah... I guess I've gotten so used to cranes around the Hamilton area that it's taken me this long to connect this one with the potential for angst among Ancasterites.

I'm more concerned about the final product being a decent fit for the town. There is no reason it can't be, but as we've seen with many other new developments they end up looking so cheap.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2023, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingViking View Post
Yeah... I guess I've gotten so used to cranes around the Hamilton area that it's taken me this long to connect this one with the potential for angst among Ancasterites.

I'm more concerned about the final product being a decent fit for the town. There is no reason it can't be, but as we've seen with many other new developments they end up looking so cheap.
Like I said about two neighboring property developments - they may not look entirely cheap, but when you plug in 30+ units on a private drive, and consider it "kind of a village", but there is no village, and because it is private, self contained residential, it does not fit into the urban fabric. Self-contained fakery.
This project, OTOH takes up a large lot, but it ought to integrate into the streetscape more genuinely because it is a more complex, but singular building. It contributes more to the aesthetics of Wilson Street than those fake townhome "villages".

Old Posted May 20, 2023, 8:59 PM

153 Wilson construction progress by Pulkvedis Pods, on Flickr

Lots-o progress since the last post. Panels kept coming this past month and quickly assembled like a johnny on the spot. So far it is looking very grey.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2023, 7:47 PM

IMG-0467 by Pulkvedis Pods, on Flickr

I was strolling down Wilson one day, in the merry merry month of May, scratch that - June - I was taken by surprise by a pair of roguish eyes, etc, etc, etc

Old Posted Sep 7, 2023, 4:46 PM

IMG-0968 by Pulkvedis Pods, on Flickr

Today. Full height has been reached. Windows going in. Making its street presence felt.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs