HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted May 1, 2022, 9:05 PM
Hamilton Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRitsman View Post
I disagree somewhat. I also dislike the random jutout black and white gaudy look every developer goes with, but this one looks a bit cleaner, plus they actually show the panel breaks which I love because it is honest about the fact that it won't be a continuous white look. Though I suspect the brick won't be real brick and that isn't shown. I do like the old design, but I don't trust anyone other than Core Urban to pull that off.
Totally agreed.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2022, 8:31 PM

Updated render:

Old Posted Sep 9, 2022, 2:47 PM

So I've been seeing ads for this like crazy, but I can't seem to find a working website for this project. I reached out to the Facebook page, but got no response. There's been a lot of "coming soon" lately in Hamilton without an eventual release. The only condo I know that is selling units right now is The Design District. 75 James obviously is too because it's literally under construction, but it seems many developers are just sitting and waiting.

This development here had been listed as a 2026 completion, and if that's the case they should probably start sales soon.

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09

Old Posted Sep 9, 2022, 2:59 PM

I don't believe 75 James has launched yet either.

Moderne launches in a few weeks from my understanding.

Design District has over 900 units to sell, so they are eating up a lot of market demand in Hamilton right now. Their first tower is apparently sold out and the second one is moving, and will likely launch the third tower in a month or two.

Moderne and 75 James will also launch this fall, which will likely round out market demand for downtown for the next little while. The three projects alone are probably over 2,000 units.

I expect to see a few more launches next spring, perhaps Rosehaven will finally launch 77 Rebecca, or City Centre could finally start sales.. We'll see.

This project is from a small time developer so it's likely a bit more of a mess marketing wise. It's also a fairly small project so they don't exactly need to convince a ton of buyers like Emblem does for Design District (they need 900 buyers!)

Old Posted Sep 9, 2022, 7:35 PM

Corktown Plaza phase 1 is also supposed to launch this fall.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2023, 2:09 PM

Another stalled out project?

Old Posted Apr 8, 2023, 2:11 PM

They got a permit for a sales sign that is now all destroyed.... But you'd think for a smaller project they'd just sell and get started. This one started before Westgate on Man, and offers a better location adjacent to the Go Station.... And future bus terminal apparently...

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09

Old Posted Apr 8, 2023, 2:47 PM

Looks like they changed the name to West Harbour Condos, and there is a new website. No other developments.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton