HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Jan 12, 2009, 2:04 PM
I like this much better

A few stories about this...

One, at a converted loft warehouse downtown, I was at work, called outside by co-workers, told to look at the top floor, and I see a girl leaning out the window. Kinda normal, until I noticed a guy approach her from behind and start goin' to town. After a minute or two, I start mocking them, and they saw me, called work, and told them to stop watching them fuck. That was pretty priceless.

Two, the building across from mine, when I step out for a smoke, I look down and can see into the garden level of the next building. I mean, I try not to stare, but it's kind of in my field of vision. I've seen the girl there walk around naked, get eaten out on her kitchen floor, etc. I mean, I feel kinda creepy about it, but, what are you gonna do.

You can also see some interesting things in people's windows in my neighborhood, but, being that it's not a highrise part of town, it's usually peoples garden levels.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2009, 2:50 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

You certainly have had some great views there, Snodrifter!

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Jan 12, 2009, 6:53 PM

I have this eternal dilema with my partner who always closes every shutter, blind, curtain, etc. in our residence.

Partner's response: "But people can see in!"
My response: "But I can see out!".....which I consider a more important value.

If someone would be so bored as to watch me, then good for them. I could care less.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2009, 12:25 AM
Bah!

The blinds on my windows that face the courtyard of my building are always closed at night. I don't care if I'm just watching TV or on the computer, I don't want somebody watching me. The blinds on the windows in the back of my apartment are always open. I do have a high powered telescope and many neighbors windows in view, even a highrise with floor to ceiling windows a couple of blocks away but I actually don't have the urge to spy on anyone. We're not known for attractive people around here.
The telescope was given to me by a friend who didn't want it so I ended up with it but will give it away to whoever wants it. the thing is HUGE!

Old Posted Jan 13, 2009, 8:10 PM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

There's a reason most front windows in my neighborhood are uncovered for most of the night--neighborhood security.

We all see into each others' living rooms and kitchens, so there's an unspoken "no staring" rule between neighbors--but we hella stare at suspicious characters down on the sidewalks and the street. I'm not the only person to lean out an open window and scare away a would-be bicycle thief, car thief, and other assorted douchebags.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2009, 11:47 PM

Here in Baltimore, we have our rows with what we call "Sallyways", little, narrow pieces of land between the homes toward the back. Well, on the phone with pops in Florida and across the Sallyway--an unbelievably good looking gal naked from the waist up doing ironing. She is my neighbor's girlfriend. It was a nice day and she saw me on the phone and yelled, Good Morning and just kept on ironing. Told pops what was happening when he heard me laughing. She never cared. Anyway, she and boyfriend always walk around naked and sometimes doing some interesting things. I just take it as city-living and go on with my day. After a while, it is like a rerun.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2009, 1:43 AM
BANNED

I've always considered these bathrooms a good enough reason to spend the ridiculous amount of money it costs to stay at the Mandarin Oriental San Francisco:

Source: http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=dspv

No darned curtains here! Shower in front of the world!

Old Posted Jan 23, 2009, 3:08 AM
REAL Kiwi!

^^^Ive got no problem with that....

Old Posted Nov 15, 2018, 5:19 AM

I was in Time Square in 1999 for New Years with a bunch of friends. The new condo building behind the old Holiday Inn had all glass windows, including the washroom. In fact the back shower wall was a window. On New Years morning you could see many people having showers. Kind of bizarre but thrilling at the same time. The night before at the end of New Years Eve a woman was nude and masturbating in the washroom before being interrupted, but then continuing afterward. What a cool experience

Old Posted Nov 15, 2018, 9:20 AM

Yesterday I was on our balcony of a 3 storey and next door is a 3 storey and I look over and there was I assume a woman laying on a couch with no pants on, but she or could have been he had no pants on, one hand was using a phone the other was moving around the crotch area. I didn't want to look but I caught enough of a glimpse to realize what was going on.

This happened years ago maybe the early 90s. There used to be a Mcdonalds on Davie street that was 2 storeys, the dining area was upstairs. so one time there were a bunch of younger guys sitting at the window staring across the street. Across the street was a hotel, and in one of the rooms, curtains wide open was a woman walking around the room naked, I think she was oblivious to the fact that she was on full display to the diners across the street.

A friend of mine lived in this old building where there was like an open space, courtyard type space between two halves of the building, it was just overgrown with weeds and stuff it wasn't used, but it provided good light etc into the apartments, it was probably 20 feet or so across and when the blinds were open you could really see into the apartments across the way. So one time my friends' roommate was sitting in the living room masturbating and the curtains were open, he didn;t think much of it but when he finished he realized the lesbian couple across from them had watched him cause they clapped for him when he noticed them looking at him lol.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2018, 3:59 PM

how does one even find a thread from 2009 to bump? lol

Old Posted Nov 15, 2018, 4:25 PM

ive seen nude people in portland, once downtown a girl bent over in front of guys and everyone was like look. in sf i just saw guys peeing.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2018, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubu View Post
in sf i just saw guys peeing.
Then you missed the guys doing #2 in the street or the guys (and gals some days) just walking around with nothing on. Come back for another visit and try again.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2018, 7:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Then you missed the guys doing #2 in the street or the guys (and gals some days) just walking around with nothing on. Come back for another visit and try again.
thats weird. i havent been there since weed was legal, maybe the smoked weed that makes you get naked.

i cant wait to move from this two story condo, im in the very courner and i dont have a car so more walking. what im getting at to be on topic is the only door is on the only deck shared with the neighbor. i live in like a forest and we live like that, comedy. if i was in the city it would be ok. in my 30's and im finally going to move and be able to go out on my own porch hopefully

Old Posted Nov 15, 2018, 10:05 PM

I ain't never seen nobody do nothing.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2018, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trvlr70 View Post
I have this eternal dilema with my partner who always closes every shutter, blind, curtain, etc. in our residence.

Partner's response: "But people can see in!"
My response: "But I can see out!".....which I consider a more important value.

If someone would be so bored as to watch me, then good for them. I could care less.
We have the exact same argument lol! I would never close the blinds, other than in the bedroom at night. I want to see out!

We don't live in a highrise, but the houses are maybe 10' apart. A couple summers ago, we could hear the lesbians next door going at it loud, with the windows open, middle of a 100 degree afternoon. Which was totally lost on us, being a gay couple. And kind of gross... considering how sweaty they had to be with no A/C on!

Old Posted Nov 15, 2018, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Maybe I need to bring binoculars for my next work trip to SF. I stay downtown and typically have great night views of other buildings where I stay.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2018, 11:31 PM
Rational urbanist

Interesting to hear everyone's privacy concerns. I'm maybe 20 metres away from another window perfectly in line with mine, and I worry more about them not seeing more than they want to, rather than being embarrassed myself! Anytime I close my blinds it's more a courtesy to them than trying to hide myself.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2018, 12:18 AM

Two Christmas seasons ago my girlfriend went to Arkansas early to hang with the family. I was left alone in the apartment to my own devices...

Well, It was like the stars aligned for me...I saw this super hot girl getting banged out by the dude across the street from me. It was like the whole scene was meant to get my attention and keep it. I looked out that window for quite some time lol but I must say, I havent seen ANYTHING besides that one time though.

We keep our blinds shut most times, but our neighbors are pretty much office workers. So they wouldn't even get much of a show if they wanted one...and if someone does see us naked or whatever, thats on us. Viewing neighbors is gonna happen, its one of my most depressing past-times lol

Old Posted Nov 16, 2018, 12:24 AM

Oh wow...yeah old thread lol

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions