HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 6:50 PM
mmmm... infillicious!

I too have had the same dreams about that area... we all have I'm sure. We've talked about it for ages and it was one of the first things I posted when I joined the forum. Unlike Riverfront, however, this is most likely going to be a true high-rise village. Perhaps a half dozen towers of various heights clustered around the light rail station, with 1999 Broadway as a neighbor!

Guess we'll all fiind out on Sunday.

More dancing veggies (and don't forget the fruits too!) :carrot:

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 6:52 PM
mmmm... infillicious!

There are 13 Denver forumers in the IW forum at present. Gotta be close to a record?!

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 6:56 PM
Mystic Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Density4Denver
There are 13 Denver forumers in the IW forum at present. Gotta be close to a record?!
We are waiting for what you and wong have to say next.
Just noticed that red pepper thingy is kinda slow and it lags behind when you stare at it a long time.

Well some where in the denver post building right now there is an editor with possibly 4 pages of renderings and maps to show case all of this!

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 7:08 PM
InfillJunkie

I am just imagining once Grant Park is done and I (hopefully) move into my new place, I can watch all the construction as I sip vino from my balcony.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 7:08 PM
mmmm... infillicious!

I just sent an email to a contact I have at the Post... one of their real estate reporters who contacted me a while back about DenverInfill.com. We'll see if I get any new info.

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 7:29 PM
BANNED

nice....suburbs will slow down ideally if this takes off and it becomes even more affordable, chic, and interesting (all at once somehow) to live DT.

look at it this way...150k jobs, and 40k students downtown everyday.............yet we only have about 9k people living in the center (estimates.....)

there's room for more growth for sure...20% of these numbers would be 38k people.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 7:33 PM
Mystic Lurker

Just to feed the fire.. checkout the big picture at denverinfill.. blue is under construction - yellow planned. There's A LOT of stuff going on.. green is completed. Just north of central downtown is the area in question:

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 7:44 PM
BANNED

nice...that is quite inspring. but, we need to change that yellow dot in lower highlands to blue (near 20th street viaduct)

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 7:52 PM
mmmm... infillicious!

yep, Bryan... I need to update the map to show a change in status for several projects, including yours.

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 10:35 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

So gentlemen, are we breaking in tonight? I'm still waiting for a follow-up... you can stage at my place if you want. I am always up for a good drunken fence-breaking... (must include pre-drinking though... course, i've started already)

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 11:53 PM
InfillJunkie

LOL That's right Buntie we really need to. I even have fashionable black clothes to go with my patent leather "breaking-n-entry" boots!!

Old Posted Jul 23, 2005, 12:29 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

oh that's so *sexy*...when you stopping by???

Old Posted Jul 23, 2005, 12:33 AM
InfillJunkie

Ewwwww...that's just nasty....

Old Posted Jul 23, 2005, 1:21 AM
Navyweaxguy

These boots were made for breaking in,
and that's just what they'll do,
one of these days these boots will break in with you....

Old Posted Jul 23, 2005, 1:43 AM
InfillJunkie

LOL Very funny Aaron!

Old Posted Jul 23, 2005, 2:16 AM
Navyweaxguy

BTW i put up the forum meet pic...

Old Posted Jul 23, 2005, 5:12 AM
mmmm... infillicious!

DenverInfill.com has been updated to include One Lincoln Park. Check it out here: http://www.denverinfill.com/block_pa.../block_177.htm

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism

Old Posted Jul 23, 2005, 7:40 AM

(Thanks for the magnified image Ken!)

The One Lincoln Park high-rise, at the corner of 20th and Lincoln streets downtown, will be a 31-story building that will include 184 condominium units, some costing as much as $3 million. The building's contemporary design features a facade full of glass and metal.

Condos shoot for the sky

Luxury high-rise to add 184 units to downtown mix

By John Rebchook, Rocky Mountain News
July 23, 2005

A developer has unveiled plans for a luxury, 31-story high-rise condominium tower that would be among the tallest buildings constructed in downtown Denver in the past 20 years.

The $140 million One Lincoln Park, with 184 units, some priced at more than $3 million, is being developed by Erik Osborn. His partners include Doug Moreland, one of the largest automobile dealers in the area, and radio sports talk personality Tom Manoogian, who is best known as "Lou From Littleton."

Osborn, who among other things his co-developed the Diamond Lofts near Coors Field, is planning the tower on a parking lot bordered by 20th Avenue and Welton, Lincoln and 20th streets. It is just east of the 43-story 1999 Broadway office high-rise, which opened in 1985.

Construction is scheduled to begin before year-end on the building.

Several other downtown high-rises are in the works. The Hyatt hotel at the convention center, set to open in December, is 37 stories. A planned Four Seasons hotel at 14th and Lawrence streets, with at least 120 luxury condominiums, would be 50 stories.

One Lincoln Park is expected to help breathe life into a part of downtown that is checkered by large surface parking lots and nondescript buildings.

"This would make a great connection to downtown and the uptown and Curtis Park neighborhoods," said Kate Peterson, housing program manager for the Downtown Denver Partnership. "It continues the ongoing efforts to make Denver more of a 24-hour community. I think it is exciting."

Osborn said he and his partners believe Denver is ready to join larger cities with a building of this size, stature and design.

"My partners and I approached this deal with one thing in mind - build a building reminiscent of the very innovative design and high amenity buildings found in cities like Chicago, Manhattan, Vancouver and Miami," Osborn said.

"We think that Denver is ready to have real downtown, urban homes like in those other cities. We traveled to all of those places and drug our architect with us. This building will be sort of a collage, the 'best of' the buildings that we saw. We intend to make this a marquee building."

The building is being designed by Denver-based Buchanan Yonushewski Group, which has been involved in numerous urban buildings in Denver.

"This building will look different than anything else that exists downtown," said Brad Buchanan, a principal of BYG. "It is contemporary, it is urban, it is cosmopolitan. It will have a lot of metal and a lot of glass."

Condominium prices will start at slightly less than $350 per square foot, which is less than other new developments either on the drawing board, such as the Four Seasons, or Daniel Liebeskind's Museum Residences under construction next to the Denver Art Museum.

"We'll have all of the amenities and quality of the Four Seasons, but because of the Four Seasons name, they'll demand a higher price," Osborn said.

Jeff Selby, the co-developer of the proposed Four Seasons, which would have 120 to 180 high-end condominiums, was thrilled to learn about One Lincoln Park.

"It confirms our strong belief that there is a lot of residential interest in downtown," Selby said Friday. "The more housing downtown, the better. It helps make downtown a more vital and exciting place."

He said One Lincoln Park won't compete with the Four Seasons.

"Because of our hotel component, we have entirely different amenities," Selby said. "And our locations are dramatically different. There's a huge difference between being between Lawrence and Arapahoe and close to the 16th Street Mall, than to be at 20th and Welton. We're across from the DCPA (Denver Center for the Performing Arts), close to the 16th Street Mall and all of the restaurants in LoDo."

Amenities at One Lincoln Park, Osborn said, will include a 24-hour doorman, a valet, a state-of-the-art fitness center that will include a private Pilates studio, an "owner's club" with guest suites, an outdoor infinity edge pool, and 12,000 square feet of retail on the ground floor. Each unit will have a large deck.

One Lincoln Park also will include five levels of parking, with 250 parking spaces in the parking structure and 50 underground.

Residential units, priced from the $250,000s, will start on the sixth floor.

The site will also be served by two light-rail lines.

"You basically have light rail right outside your door," Osborn said. "You won't have to own a car, if you don't want to."

"This is going to be one of the first, true mixed-use transit-oriented developments in the Central Business District," Buchanan added.

So far, Osborn said, interest has come from empty nesters who live in big homes in the suburbs, young professionals working downtown and business people in their 40s and 50s. It's being marketed by Angela Osborn (Osborn's wife) and Julie Gelfond, both of Coldwell Banker Devonshire.

Car dealer Moreland said this will be his first major real estate development, although he plans to team up with Osborn and Manoogian to develop a "small enclave" of homes in Cherry Creek North.

He noted that he has a daughter who lives in a loft in Lower Downtown, so he's familiar with downtown living.

"My partners and I saw this type of living lacking in this town," Moreland said about One Lincoln Park. "We're ready for the type of building you can find in Chicago, Boston, New York, San Francisco."

Moreland plans to have a unit for himself but also keep his suburban home.

"I've got four kids, and only one of them is living here, but they all want to come back," Moreland said. "I have a 23-year-old son who is working at one of our stores down in Arizona, but when he comes back, I know this is the kind of place he'd want to live."

Asked if he would give One Lincoln Park buyers a discount on a car, he laughed and said: "You bet. Maybe I should include one with every unit. Who knows?"

Old Posted Jul 23, 2005, 7:48 AM

Besides the obvious reasons, I'm so damn happy that this building is taking out an entire block from sidewalk to sidewalk to sidewalk! Even though this isn't a full city block, I just love when that happens!

Old Posted Jul 23, 2005, 2:41 PM
Mile High Guy

Yum. Very exciting....the rendering looks awesome! Since the article also mentions Four Seasons and quotes from its developer -- it looks like that is still happening too! YUM!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West