HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jul 20, 2005, 7:55 PM
InfillJunkie

Ok, I totally had an epiphany today as I was looking at Google Maps. So I think the sales office really is for One Lincoln park. Why do I really really believe it now???

Ok Lincoln St terminates/originates right at the location of the possible sales office. Although the address isnt technically 1 Lincoln St, you could conceive or stretch the idea that this would be the beginning of Lincoln hence the name One Lincoln Park. Although Lincoln is a one way north traveling road, I can see the developer in his infinite wisdom and arrogance saying that this tower would be the ultimate...the one...One Lincoln Park.

Now whats still bothering me is the word "Park". I can kind of see why Grant Park is going to be called...Grant Park because the Benedict Fountain park isnt that far away. Why not call it "blah blah Park!". I wonder if there will be any green space added to the project at Lincoln?

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 4:56 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Well here's a little info on this project:

-It's slated for the area of 20th Street, Broadway, and Lincoln.
-Construction is anticipated to start at the end of this year.
-VIP pre-sales are supposed to start sometime in August, public sales in September.
-Look in the Denver Post in the next couple of days to run an article on this project.
-The tower we have seen is the first phase of a multi building, multi-billion dollar project.

That is all.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 5:08 PM

^ multi building, multi billion dollar project is good news for that area. There sure is plenty of room for multiple buildings

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 5:13 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Oh yeah. Plenty of room. It also explains why someone would put a building this large in the sea of parking lots, there are more to follow.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 5:32 PM
Navyweaxguy

Woohoo!! Nice dective work. My head is spinning at the thought of "multi-billion dollars" That buys a s#^t ton of buildings. Even if they are in the 20-35 story range....

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 5:43 PM
BANNED

wow...OMFG....as we've all said before ~ could be an amazing TOD.

where's this info coming from Wong? and are you forumer of the week?

multi-billion feels like 4 - 5 buildings to me....Mhays will probably have a good sense of it.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 5:48 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

It came from one of the prime brokers (cough* CBD cough*) for the project, I felt comfortable with releasing it since she said that the Post was about to run the project debut article on it in a couple of days, I'm guessing Sunday.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 5:54 PM
Mystic Lurker

I wonder if anyone else knows anything about this...

4-5 story buildings would really kick ass there.. my preference actually. We need to get that urban fabric rebuilt!

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 5:58 PM

Multi billion? Isn't the Teatro Tower only $300 million, and the most expensive building ever to be built in Denver? So multi billion would mean roughly the dollar equivalent of 9 or more Teatro Towers, or 18+ 20-30 story buildlings, right? I'm not saying it's not possible, but is there another way to add up several billion dollars without building this much infrastructure?

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 6:05 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Riverfront is considered a multi-billion dollar development, go from there and draw your own conclusions.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 6:10 PM
mmmm... infillicious!

Nice job, Wong! I too had some info passed on to me this morning from someone at the Partnership, but I held off on saying anything about it ... but guess it doesn't matter now. More or less same as what you found out, except the part about it being part of a multi-building/billion dollar project. Way cool!!!!!!!!!!!

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 6:11 PM
Mystic Lurker

It's hard to know how to qualify the 'billions' statement... if it is billions it would be on the scale of riverfront.. that would mean bye, bye NODO. But I'm not going to get excited until we have more info...

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 6:13 PM

Well here's hoping for a development as grandiose as Riverfront, right in the middle of the city!

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 6:16 PM
Navyweaxguy

Doesn't this call for some dancing veggies?

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 6:16 PM
Mystic Lurker

d4d and wong21fr forumers of the quarter! :carrot:

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 6:17 PM
Navyweaxguy

^Not until we see the plans Joe.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 6:19 PM
InfillJunkie

THis is incredible news! Thanks D4D and Wong. Way to go guys!!!

Hey I was telling D4D last night that I was scoping out the sales office. Anyone want to help break into the place after hours. There were blueprints strewn about but I couldnt get close enough to see them. All we need to do is move a rickety chain link fence out of the way.

The sales office looks like its going to be very chic on the inside.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 6:22 PM
Navyweaxguy

SJC you owe me for not showing up to the meet... something about a date... hurummph...

Anyway, this is seriously cool... one of these days you computer geniuses needs to do a 3D map with all of the new proposals..

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 6:26 PM

I love my Denver forumers. : )

I can't wait to read this in the Sunday paper. I'm sure it will be as exciting as finding the Four Seasons on the front page! Who knew that we would see such a major development for one of Denver's biggest eyesores... 20th and Broadway parking sea.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2005, 6:30 PM
Mystic Lurker

If this really is what happens, it has always been my hope and dream that all of the area would be bought by one person and developed like riverfront or like stapleton or uptown. I was/am a little disappointed about the one building at 20th and welton (because it would turn into a weird patch quilt of buildings) , but this is truly amazing, if its for the reals.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West