HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 1:31 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC123 View Post
I have high hopes that this will pass both votes pretty easily. It's just too good of a proposal to miss. Of course, that may very well just be a boatload of optimism.
There are no issues, so it'll pass. Our biggest concern is just getting that tenant signed, and there's reason to believe that won't be an issue either.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 1:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
There are no issues, so it'll pass. Our biggest concern is just getting that tenant signed, and there's reason to believe that won't be an issue either.
Right by grand central, with a connected transit terminal is one big reason I would pick there if I was a tenant. Plus East Side Access will be done late next year so when this is complete it will also have that benefit. And there are other factors as well. I don't see getting a tenant as that much of an issue.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 4:06 AM

I wish this building was named/marketed as Grand Central Tower.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 5:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschall50 View Post
Central Park Tower didn't adopt its name until well after construction had started. So that could theoretically still happen.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 1:31 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschall50 View Post
I think they prefer to use the Park Avenue address, a lot comes with that. There’s always a chance a large tenant could get naming rights. I like One Grand.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 8:08 PM
I like Skyscrapers 🏙

Ehhh, they still gonna call it 175 Park.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 8:20 PM
Show me the blueprints

Park Grand Central has a nice ring...

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Oct 5, 2021, 7:45 PM
New Yorker for life

Some Landmark’s approvals related to Grand Central/175 Park

Old Posted Oct 5, 2021, 8:04 PM
BANNED

Old Posted Oct 6, 2021, 12:02 AM

This project gets better with every released rendering.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2021, 7:18 AM

It seems weird how inaccurate the rendering of Grand Central is when depicting this level of details.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2021, 6:19 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drcastro View Post
It seems weird how inaccurate the rendering of Grand Central is when depicting this level of details.
That graphic is just to illustrate the area of work.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2021, 7:32 AM
Sydney

I edited these renderings further to include Project Commodore-- I think these two angles showcase the whole Midtown East area very well!
Original photos and renderings by ATChain and Gensler respectively:

Last edited by Xing Lin; Oct 8, 2021 at 8:46 AM.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2021, 8:18 AM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Your work is fucking amazing

520 5th Avenue could also fit in with these, although i dont think it would be visible in that second one

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Last edited by jbermingham123; Oct 8, 2021 at 8:31 AM.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2021, 8:47 AM
Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbermingham123 View Post
Your work is fucking amazing

520 5th Avenue could also fit in with these, although i dont think it would be visible in that second one
Thanks very much!

I believe 520 Fifth would be hidden behind 270 Park in the first image and One Vanderbilt in the second.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2021, 12:53 PM

Those renderings are amazing. Can't wait until these buildings are done. Skyline is gonna look great, especially at night. Combined with HY being finished, as well as the Row towers being done with their lights on, this is gonna be good!

Old Posted Oct 8, 2021, 3:39 PM

Wow Xing Lin, absolutely incredible work. Better renderings than what the architects and developers put out! Please keep em coming!

Old Posted Oct 8, 2021, 4:19 PM

The sheer scale of this building just continues to completely blow me away. It’s just unbelievably huge.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2021, 5:34 PM
BANNED

I suspect that this building already has a tenant lined up. However, it seems clear that a lot of companies (beyond the ones we already know of) will be seeking space in new towers and that many iconic supertowers will rise.

Here’s an article in the October 9, 2021 edition of the Financial Times, which is about the demand for new office space in NY:

"Manhattan’s office towers are a tale of the haves and the have-nots
Post-pandemic shake-up in New York’s buildings could change the nature of the city."

Joshua Chaffin in New York 10 HOURS AGO

When the mayor and other dignitaries gathered a year ago to cut the ribbon on One Vanderbilt, one of Manhattan’s newest and most advanced office towers, the festivities were marred by a pandemic that has raised existential questions about the future of such buildings.

Yet One Vanderbilt is now more than 90 per cent leased. Its newest tenant is UiPath, a robotics software company that last month signed a 15-year lease to take the entire 60th floor.

“I wish I had 20 more floors because if I did we could lease them,” Marc Holliday, chief executive of SL Green, One Vanderbilt’s developer and New York’s largest office landlord, crowed.

A few blocks away, another Manhattan office building was suffering a different fate. 850 Third Avenue, a glass-and-steel edifice that opened its doors in 1960, was almost half vacant and its owner, the Chetrit Group, was struggling to avoid foreclosure after falling behind on its mortgage.

The diverging fortunes of those towers says much about the world’s largest office market after 18 months of pandemic: the most sought-after buildings — whether they are brand new, like One Vanderbilt, or newly renovated, like Google’s $2.1bn St John’s Terminal — are still attracting tenants and fetching top rents while the city’s large stock of dated towers is suffering...

As the pandemic drags on and companies struggle to bring employees back to their desks, that conviction is leading many real estate executives to anticipate a generational shake-up in New York’s office buildings that could change the city itself.

They believe owners will soon have to decide whether they are prepared to invest hundreds of millions of dollars, as Marx and others have done, to “reposition” older buildings with the features that were popularised by west coast technology companies and which have now become de rigueur....

“We’re going to see a lot of new buildings over the next 10 years,” Michael Cohen, president of the New York region at Colliers, a commercial real estate firm, predicted, noting that many landlords in Midtown have inserted “demolition provisions” into leases to make it easier to tear down buildings, if they opt to do so. “Capital is circling the city, looking for opportunities,” he said....

“In any cycle like this, you’re going to see pressure on the bottom 10, 15, 20 per cent of the inventory that’s going to shake out,” Holliday said. “There are buildings that are going to be demolished and make way for new construction.”

https://www.ft.com/content/0fc60c68-...c-f66272793212

Last edited by JMKeynes; Oct 9, 2021 at 9:48 PM.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2021, 6:15 PM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
From the October 9, 2021 issue of the Financial Times:

“…We’re going to see a lot of new buildings over the next 10 years,” Michael Cohen, president of the New York region at Colliers, a commercial real estate firm, predicted, noting that many landlords in Midtown have inserted “demolition provisions” into leases to make it easier to tear down buildings, if they opt to do so. “Capital is circling the city, looking for opportunities,” he said.
Like ive said before, building heights in dense cities increase in quantized leaps, which is why most skylines have a certain plateau (200m plateau for midtown, 150m for chicago loop, etc). We are now about to see the plateau in midtown make its next leap, from 200 to 300 meters. There are so many buildings i cant wait to see go... I would love to see a supertall on every block (yes, every block) between broadway and 7th, north of 40th street

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals