HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Mar 1, 2019, 12:24 AM

[/IMG]

Old Posted Mar 1, 2019, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1 View Post
[/IMG]
The newest drawings for I.D.E.A show some of the buildings being taller.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2019, 1:57 AM

Here is the video for Tempe State of the City 2018. It goes over some of the developments going on around the city.

https://youtu.be/ZfngVsNFLaI

Old Posted Mar 1, 2019, 10:53 PM

http://azbex.com/plans-unveiled-for-...o-park-center/

More info on new office and parking garage at the Grand.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2019, 11:20 PM

Thanks for the pics, CB1! Starting to think you might be in the know

Old Posted Mar 1, 2019, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
Thanks for the pics, CB1! Starting to think you might be in the know
Thanks ASUSunDevil. I’m glad I found this forum. There are a lot of great contributors in this group.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2019, 7:27 PM

Quote:
Thanks ASUSunDevil. I’m glad I found this forum. There are a lot of great contributors in this group.
Agree!

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but fencing is up for 100 Mill (Mill Ave & Rio Salado). Construction scheduled to start Q2

Old Posted Mar 2, 2019, 8:18 PM

Quote:
Agree!

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but fencing is up for 100 Mill (Mill Ave & Rio Salado). Construction scheduled to start Q2
Wow, nice! Did that just go up today? Don't think I noticed it Friday. This one has been a long wait, but I think it will be worth it.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2019, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Agree!

Awesome! Can we confirm tangible progress on The Pier?

Tempe is on fire!

Is The Hilton on 7th officially dead?

Old Posted Mar 2, 2019, 11:21 PM

[/IMG]

Metro 101 apartments

Old Posted Mar 2, 2019, 11:23 PM

[/IMG]

Eastline Village

Old Posted Mar 2, 2019, 11:25 PM

[/IMG]

Mirabella

Old Posted Mar 2, 2019, 11:28 PM

[/IMG]

Crescent Rio

Old Posted Mar 3, 2019, 1:29 AM

Nice pics, thanks CB1!

Old Posted Mar 4, 2019, 4:42 PM

Quote:
[/IMG]

Crescent Rio
Thanks for the pictures. I think Crescent Rio turned out really well. I really like that whole stretch of 1st St. Hopefully the projects keep coming along there.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2019, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Thanks for the pictures. I think Crescent Rio turned out really well. I really like that whole stretch of 1st St. Hopefully the projects keep coming along there.
I don't! I wish they built the original proposal, it wouldn't have been that much taller especially with the heights of the buildings of "IDEA"

Old Posted Mar 4, 2019, 4:50 PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/..._news_headline

Behind a paywall and my paywall is on my personal laptop...news about Chase's move (assuming from Downtown Phoenix) to it's new campus at the Discovery Biz Center. They renovated some of the older buildings from the Microchip plant. They hint at future phases for expansion but not sure if that will result in midrises like the Wells Fargo campus in Chandler? Plenty of land for redevelopment. The rehab pictures look nice.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2019, 4:58 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/..._news_headline

Behind a paywall and my paywall is on my personal laptop...news about Chase's move (assuming from Downtown Phoenix) to it's new campus at the Discovery Biz Center. They renovated some of the older buildings from the Microchip plant. They hint at future phases for expansion but not sure if that will result in midrises like the Wells Fargo campus in Chandler? Plenty of land for redevelopment. The rehab pictures look nice.
Here you go:
Quote:
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is acclimating to its new digs in Tempe, with the banking firm having recently moved about 2,000 employees to what will be its new corporate campus.

Named the JPMorgan Chase & Co. Tempe South Corporate Center, the campus has been in the works since 2017. So far, the New York-based bank has moved into two of the four buildings that it acquired in the 2100 block of East Elliott Road. The four-building campus has some 800,000 square feet of space.

Chase (NYSE: JPM) began moving employees to the campus in December and completed the moves in February. Local officials said it was important to keep the bank's presence in the Valley strong and growing.

“We’ve been a part of this community through our predecessor banks for more than 100 years and operations in metro Phoenix are a priority for JPMorgan Chase,” said Mike Cunningham, Chase’s managing director for fraud operations. “As the home to about 2,000 employees, this new campus allows us to continue to enhance the facilities we provide to our teams. This in turn allows our employees to come together in expertly-designed spaces to collaborate, problem solve and provide outstanding service to our customers.”

Many of those jobs are shifting from downtown Phoenix, where Chase was the main tenant in a namesake building on Central Avenue that dominates the city skyline. Employees at the campus are part of the bank's consumer and community banking operations and responsible for merchant services and consumer issues as well as fraud detection and collections

But following a recent trend to create more "livability" in business-oriented campuses, Chase has developed its Tempe project with a host of new employee-focused features that include cafes, a 24-hour market, bike and walking paths, a health center and other amenities.

“We’re one of the Valley’s largest employers, and it was important for us to create a vibrant work environment that our employees need and deserve,” said Izma Miller, Chase's vice president and regional real estate manager for global real estate administration. “Through the modernization of our offices, we're creating a space that leads to healthier, happier and more productive employees. We’re also advancing our global sustainability efforts with onsite solar arrays that will offset 30 percent of our power needs.”

The campus also aims for sustainability, with a 3.6 megawatt solar system the company estimates will offset about 30 percent of its power when it becomes operational later this year. It's part of Chase's effort to get 100 percent of its power from renewable energy by 2020.

Chase's downtown Phoenix tower, where it had leased space, was sold last year for $78.8 million.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2019, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
I agree with the stretch on 1st street. Ive been trying to figure out if any developments are planned in those fenced parcels on 1st by the Yard or by 1st and Priest but haven’t found anything.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2019, 7:21 PM

Quote:
I agree with the stretch on 1st street. Ive been trying to figure out if any developments are planned in those fenced parcels on 1st by the Yard or by 1st and Priest but haven’t found anything.
If you are referring to the parking lots south of the Yard, that's a planned office building with a parking structure. I believe its up on the tempe development project tracker.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest